• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I had forgotten about Jake Locker. Didn't realize he was a top 10 pick. That set the Titans back a few years lol.

Probably just the Husky homer in me, but I’m convinced that with the right coaching, Locker could of been good. He was a great athlete, great arm, but lack good coaching going back to the Huskies. Instead he got coaches that depended on his legs. A heck of a human being, smart, great work ethic, humble, and loyal. One of my favorite Huskies players.

Last edited:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an attempt to pivot from the QB draft or not to draft

Was in Lincoln this weekend for my niece's first communion, which happened to coincide with the Huskers spring Red v White game (just shy of 87,000 in attendance for a spring practice, let's see any other school pull that off).

But anyways...Ameer Abdullah was in a suit and tie on the Big10 network coverage..doing some analysis...really concerning that his ass thought coming to this spring practice was more important than being in Detriot finding a way to keep his job.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe im wrong they literally were talking about this on sirius xm nfl radio last night
Well he had some good games on his resume for sure, but neither the broken thumb, nor the broken leg, seem to coincide with any definitive falling off a cliff in his production, which was overall just not good. And considering some of those really good games came well after both the injuries, I can't see how either injury was why he couldn't beat Holcomb, nor make the Packers or Jags squads later on.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he had some good games on his resume for sure, but neither the broken thumb, nor the broken leg, seem to coincide with any definitive falling off a cliff in his production, which was overall just not good. And considering some of those really good games came well after both the injuries, I can't see how either injury was why he couldn't beat Holcomb, nor make the Packers or Jags squads later on.
your more versed than me

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just the Husky homer in me, but I’m convinced that with the right coaching, Locker could of been good. He was a great athlete, great arm, but lack good coaching going back to the Huskies. Instead he got coaches that depended on his legs. A heck of a human being, smart, great work ethic, humble, and loyal. One of my favorite Huskies players.

Maybe i'm miss remembering, but just before he got hurt he had put together a nice string games i was thinking he had turned the corner.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I knew some of these college kids better.
On Friday, the local ESPN guys were talking to one of the Bears reporters, and he suggested that since so many teams needs a QB ahead of the Bears, he wouldn't be surprised if the Bears go after one of the top defensive prospects at #8. He made it sound like it would be like getting a top 3 or 4 pick since they'd probably fall to 8.
That would likely be Edmunds unfortunately. I really hope the Packers can somehow manage to land Chubb, Edmunds or Smith. I know it would require a trade up but if #9 with SF would be a good spot to target.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Locker coming out but as soon as Tennessee drafted him I knew he wouldnt amount to anything. I remember when they also drafted Rusty Smith out of FAU lol

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an attempt to pivot from the QB draft or not to draft

Was in Lincoln this weekend for my niece's first communion, which happened to coincide with the Huskers spring Red v White game (just shy of 87,000 in attendance for a spring practice, let's see any other school pull that off).

But anyways...Ameer Abdullah was in a suit and tie on the Big10 network coverage..doing some analysis...really concerning that his ass thought coming to this spring practice was more important than being in Detriot finding a way to keep his job.
Its because you have a new coach that is one of your own. I still think it takes two years before you guys even compete in your half of the conference. That system wont just happen. Plus he no longer can just walk off campus and grab a 3* kid from Florida.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How soon can Cleveland sign their #1?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How soon can Cleveland sign their #1?
Sing the rookie wage scale exists I would imagine they could sign as soon as the team and the player worked out the wording. I dont know if they know who they are taking 1st yet.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure he can sign at any time now, but I'll bet they still haven't decided who they are taking yet. Kevin Costner has a lot on his plate with the pregnant girlfriend in the front office and having to fire his Dad and then burying his ashes on the practice field so his Dad will come back and they can play catch. He's dealing with a lot of shit here. LOL.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure he can sign at any time now, but I'll bet they still haven't decided who they are taking yet. Kevin Costner has a lot on his plate with the pregnant girlfriend in the front office and having to fire his Dad and then burying his ashes on the practice field so his Dad will come back and they can play catch. He's dealing with a lot of shit here. LOL.
Pretty sure I saw him dancing with wolves while working on some hidden figures in preparation for the space race too.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it! Draft day, Field of Dreams and Bull Durham all in one, well flowing sentence..nicely done

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder if he got wind, from within, of some trade talks?
Wouldn't blame him or them.