• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I was curious as to whether you regret moving down in the draft?

With all of this EE suspension talk, I wonder if Face or Ram would take a chance on him at pick 2 or 3?
I don't plan on taking him at 4 no matter what happens with him.

No I don't regret moving down one bit. To quote the great Tlance, the first two rounds are more about safety than upside.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unsigned franchise player Le'Veon Bell said he wants to help reestablish the running back market.
"The running back market definitely took a hit, and I can't be the guy who continues to let it take a hit," Bell said. "We do everything. We block, we run, we catch the ball. Our value isn't where it needs to be. I'm taking it upon myself to open up some eyes and show the position is more valuable."
-------
Well, not saying the guy isn't a great RB, but looking at the numbers an aged DeAngelo Williams put up during his annual missed time; suggest that playing for a team with a very good receiving core, a very good QB, friendly system, and excellent coaching staff just may have something to do with his success as well. Just saying. ......

Also, if Big Ben decides to cal it quits after this season (even if Bell is still in PIT), I'd expect regression in the whole offense. ....

It'd be kinda cool if he wanted to help reestablish the Steelers winning the Super Bowl. ;)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More importantly here, how does that affect his stats?
Never said it hurts his stats. It was just an observation and really it reinforced Calvin Johnson's decision to bolt IMO.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and off of my draft board.

rookie in an unfavorable year 1 situation - honestly didn't have him on my re-draft board this year to begin with.
But yea, worth monitoring the health of Allen/Tyrell/TBen as Williams comes off PUP, but looking increasingly likely he won't be playing much this year.

crazy to think about -

Breshard Perriman
Kevin White
Josh Doctson
now Mike Williams
I'm sure I'm missing a handful as well
Is Jon Ross healthy yet or potentially looking at some missed time to start the year too?

rough go for 1st round WRs recently and being healthy as rookies

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rookie in an unfavorable year 1 situation - honestly didn't have him on my re-draft board this year to begin with.
But yea, worth monitoring the health of Allen/Tyrell/TBen as Williams comes off PUP, but looking increasingly likely he won't be playing much this year.

crazy to think about -

Breshard Perriman
Kevin White
Josh Doctson
now Mike Williams
I'm sure I'm missing a handful as well
Is Jon Ross healthy yet or potentially looking at some missed time to start the year too?

rough go for 1st round WRs recently and being healthy as rookies
He was worth a late round flyer to me, but if he is going to miss the first half of the season, I will let someone else draft him, then drop him once the bye weeks start.

That is one weakness I have in my main league that I am trying to get out of and that is drafting a player who will have more value in the middle of the season, rather than at the beginning. My main league has a very short bench and every year I grab one guy with the thought of stashing him for later, only to have to drop him once the byes start coming in. A couple years ago, I took a late round flyer on a guy and had to drop him twice for byes. I picked him back up the first time, only to drop him a couple weeks later. I was planning on picking him back up the next week, but the guy ahead of him got hurt and he jumped into the starting role and was scooped up off the wire before I could do it. Not sure if you remember him, but his name was David Johnson.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Movin' on up! To the...East Side? Where the hell is Green Bay, anyway? ;)

Jamaal Williams will open camp as No. 2
12298.jpg

Packers RBs coach Ben Sirmans said fourth-round RB Jamaal Williams will open camp as the No. 2 running back.

With former receiver Ty Montgomery atop the depth chart, the No. 2 job in Green Bay could end up being a valuable fantasy asset. Williams will get the nod entering camp, but Sirmans made it clear everyone will get their shot. "The biggest thing is just competition," Sirmans said. "With so many different guys, somebody is going to have to rise to the top." Aside from Williams, fifth-rounder Aaron Jones is the best bet to earn the No. 2 job.

giphy.gif

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was worth a late round flyer to me, but if he is going to miss the first half of the season, I will let someone else draft him, then drop him once the bye weeks start.

That is one weakness I have in my main league that I am trying to get out of and that is drafting a player who will have more value in the middle of the season, rather than at the beginning. My main league has a very short bench and every year I grab one guy with the thought of stashing him for later, only to have to drop him once the byes start coming in. A couple years ago, I took a late round flyer on a guy and had to drop him twice for byes. I picked him back up the first time, only to drop him a couple weeks later. I was planning on picking him back up the next week, but the guy ahead of him got hurt and he jumped into the starting role and was scooped up off the wire before I could do it. Not sure if you remember him, but his name was David Johnson.

I did the same exact damn thing. :doh::doh::doh:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Movin' on up! To the...East Side? Where the hell is Green Bay, anyway? ;)

Jamaal Williams will open camp as No. 2
12298.jpg

Packers RBs coach Ben Sirmans said fourth-round RB Jamaal Williams will open camp as the No. 2 running back.

With former receiver Ty Montgomery atop the depth chart, the No. 2 job in Green Bay could end up being a valuable fantasy asset. Williams will get the nod entering camp, but Sirmans made it clear everyone will get their shot. "The biggest thing is just competition," Sirmans said. "With so many different guys, somebody is going to have to rise to the top." Aside from Williams, fifth-rounder Aaron Jones is the best bet to earn the No. 2 job.

giphy.gif

I think he's the first guy off the bench to spell TyMo. However TyMo's knowledge of the offense and the amount we like to run the no huddle...I really like TyMo's upside this year. If he learned to block watch out. He hadn't played RB since Middle/High School and he picked it back up pretty well last year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Place your bets gentlemen.:nod:

Best Case/Worst Case 2017: RBs - Rotoworld.com

1. David Johnson

Best Case: The 21st century’s Marshall Faulk, Johnson breaks Chris Johnson’s 2009 yards from scrimmage record of 2,509. For good measure, he breaks Matt Forte’s 2014 running back receptions record of 102.

Worst Case: Ridden into the ground last season, Johnson’s yards per carry dips from 4.22 to sub-4.00. His yards per catch falls below 10.0. Defenses tee off on a tired back as Carson Palmer presents zero downfield threat in the passing game.

2. Le'Veon Bell

Best Case: Appearing in all 16 games for just the second time in five NFL seasons, Bell matches last year’s average of 157 yards from scrimmage, making him, not Johnson, the man to break Chris Johnson’s record (by three yards).

Worst Case: Playing under the franchise tag, Bell suffers a couple of minor injuries instead of one big one, staggering his appearances, killing his conditioning and sapping his numbers. Even at age 25, Bell looks like a back who’s run a ton of miles, leaving the Steelers with a tough decision to make in free agency.

3. Ezekiel Elliott

Best Case: Elliott betters his rookie rushing total of 1,631 even as he serves a one-game suspension. His yards per carry holds steady at 5.1, and his touchdown total spikes from 16 to 18.

Worst Case: Surprisingly suspended for four games, Elliott looks rusty instead of fresh upon his return. Playing a brutal schedule, the Cowboys also miss RT Doug Free and RG Ronald Leary more than expected. Conditions ripe for a sophomore slump produce as much.

4. LeSean McCoy

Best Case: New coach Sean McDermott’s minor refinements to the Bills’ bully rushing attack not only work, they get Shady above 1,300 yards rushing for the first time since 2014. No longer vultured by Mike Gillislee, McCoy finds the end zone 15 times as a runner.

Worst Case: McDermott changes the rushing scheme more than expected, interrupting Shady’s flow behind an offensive line that takes a step back on its dominant 2016. Combined with his typical soft-tissue woes, McCoy has an age-29 campaign that looks every bit its number.

5. Melvin Gordon

Best Case: Unleashed by run game maestro Anthony Lynn, Gordon maintains last year’s volume while dramatically improving his efficiency. He finishes in the top three in rushing and top five in yards from scrimmage.

Worst Case: Coming back from another knee injury, Gordon’s YPC remains in familiar territory: < 4.00. The third-year back doesn’t come close to appearing in all 16 games, putting talk of untapped potential to rest.

6. DeMarco Murray

Best Case: Murray more or less duplicates his 2016, only this time reaching 10 scores on the ground. He ensures he’s retained at his scheduled $6.25 million price tag for 2018.

Worst Case: On the doorstep of 30, Murray’s lost step is particularly costly, as Marcus Mariota and Derrick Henryboth come into their own. By mid-October, Murray is a clear No. 3 behind the passing game and Henry.

7. Jay Ajayi

Best Case: The focal point of offensive mastermind Adam Gase’s attack, Ajayi averages over five yards per carry and leads the league in rushing. One of his four 200-yard games comes in the postseason.

Worst Case: The Dolphins’ offensive line can’t get healthy, making consistency and game flow hard to come by. Desperate to make something happen, Gase gives a surprising amount of touches to change-of-pace back Kenyan Drake, rendering Ajayi a touchdown-dependent RB2.

8. Devonta Freeman

Best Case: I’m the captain now. Emphasized by new OC Steve Sarkisian, Freeman’s touches increase by 50 to 331, and he’s no longer victimized by Tevin Coleman’s fluke touchdown rate. Freeman is a top-five RB1 for the second time in three years.

Worst Case: A torrent of Coleman home runs in September narrows Freeman’s touch advantage. Unable to get into rhythm, Freeman struggles to keep his YPC above 4.00 while failing to reach 10 touchdowns.

9. Jordan Howard

Best Case: Howard leads the league in rushes, touches and rushing yards, only narrowly missing No. 1 overall status. The overall game he displayed as a rookie — chain moving, big plays and pass catching — is here to stay.

Worst Case: Howard cuts to the Alfred Morris chase, making it appear his rookie campaign will be his career year. Awful quarterback play, a league-average line and too many cooks in the third down kitchen all play a part in Howard’s regression.

10. Todd Gurley

Best Case: With the weight of Jeff Fisher’s world off his shoulders, Gurley is a new man in Sean McVay’s offense, getting his YPC back above 4.50. The 2015 Offensive Rookie of the Year glides by 1,500 yards from scrimmage as McVay gives him a surprisingly big role in the passing game.

Worst Case: Fisher is gone, but the brick walls of the Rams’ offensive line are not. A strict two-down back as McVay insists on featuring Lance Dunbar in passing situations, Gurley occupies the unwanted middle ground between Trent Richardson and Alfred Morris.

11. Leonard Fournette

Best Case: Fournette can’t quite match Jordan Howard’s rookie season, but immediately serves his purpose, averaging 4.50 yards per carry while surpassing 1,200 yards rushing and 10 touchdowns. Most importantly of all, he does his part in hiding Blake Bortles.

Worst Case: Playing closer to his Combine weight of 240 than Jags-listed 228, Fournette looks bulky and struggles early, allowing Chris Ivory back into the early-down mix. That coupled with continued game-flow/Blake Bortles issues keeps Fournette below 800 yards and out of RB2 territory.

12. Lamar Miller

Best Case: With Deshaun Watson actually threatening opposing defenses, stacked boxes aren’t the norm for Miller. His yards per carry returns to the 4.5-5.0 range he typically averaged in Miami, making for a textbook post-hype awakening Year 2 in Houston.

Worst Case: The Texans’ passing game is somehow worse than last season, putting Mariana Trench-levels of pressure on the backfield. Miller once again wilts, battling various minor injuries while struggling for the big plays he made his name with in Miami. There’s a committee by year’s en

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part 2

13. Joe Mixon

Best Case: With Giovani Bernard’s (knee) rehab dragging on, Mixon seizes immediate control of all three downs. He never looks back, blowing by 1,600 yards from scrimmage while scoring 15 total touchdowns.

Worst Case: Bernard is healthy enough for third downs and Jeremy Hill — surprisingly kept around — is ready to vulture at the goal line. Mixon is a gross summer overdraft who capsizes fantasy teams.

14. Isaiah Crowell

Best Case: The centerpiece of the Browns’ offense, Crowell is a top-five rusher behind a much-improved line. Averaging over 5.0 yards per carry, Crowell resembles LeSean McCoy in Buffalo.

Worst Case: Cleveland’s hard-to-believe game-flow issues carry over from 2016, severely limiting Crowell’s opportunity. Desperate to make anything happen on offense, coach Hue Jackson gives Duke Johnson his long-overdue look on early downs. Crowell turns in fewer than 800 yards from scrimmage.

15. Ty Montgomery

Best Case: Montgomery’s freakish tackle-breaking ability survives the transition to bigger workloads, making him a stunning contender for the league’s rushing crown. Along the way, he keeps catching passes, putting him amongst the league leaders in yards from scrimmage.

Worst Case: The Packers keep Montgomery in the 8-12 touch range after he continues to struggle with nicks and bruises in September. The carousel starts spinning with fourth-rounder Jamaal Williams and fifth-rounder Aaron Jones.

16. Carlos Hyde

Best Case: Healthy and focused, Hyde wins over skeptical new coach Kyle Shanahan in camp, rendering fourth-rounder Joe Williams an afterthought as Shanny’s new Tevin Coleman. Hyde not only posts his first 1,000-yard season, he coasts by 1,200.

Worst Case: Williams steals starting duties in the preseason, leaving Hyde for breather scraps and a once-a-month vulturing. That is, when Hyde manages to stay on the field and off the trainer’s table. He’s allowed to walk in free agency.

17. Christian McCaffrey

Best Case: Talent takes over. McCaffrey refuses to remain quarantined to the passing game, pushing for 20 weekly touches. He averages five yards per carry, 10 yards per catch and cruises to Offensive Rookie of the Year honors.

Worst Case: The Panthers employ McCaffrey like Danny Woodhead. This is a problem since Cam Newton remains astonishingly ineffective in the short-passing game. McCaffrey’s talent is wasted, leaving fantasy owners with a complete dud of a pick.

18. Marshawn Lynch

Best Case: Checks are cashed behind the Raiders’ elite offensive line, as Beast Mode leads the league in rushing touchdowns. Fans barely notice his 4.2 yards per carry.

Worst Case: Lynch, a 31-year-old back who spent 2016 traveling the world and averaged 3.75 yards per carry in his most recent NFL season, looks it. He’s a vanity purchase, one sour about falling behind Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington on the depth chart. Re-retirement is on the table from Week 5 forward.

Don't forget, for the latest on everything NFL, check out Rotoworld's Player News, or follow @Rotoworld_FB or

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part 3

19. Mark Ingram

Best Case: Ignoring the Hall-of-Famer in his rear-view mirror, Ingram refuses to let Sean Payton play games, bullying his way to another 5.0/1,000 season as a rusher. His 12 total touchdowns are the most of his career.

Worst Case: Peterson makes like Beric Dondarrion, coming back to life for the third time. Payton is infatuated, Ingram is infuriated. He struggles for five touchdowns as his carries and catches both plummet.

20. Dalvin Cook

Best Case: Easily dispatching Latavius Murray, Cook blows by 300 touches. He does so as the beast he was on college film, not the back who disappointed at the Combine. The Vikes have a poor man’s Jamaal Charles on their hands.

Worst Case: Running behind one of the league’s worst offensive lines, Cook plays down to his measurables. He lets Murray take the lead on early downs and even loses passing-game work to Jerick McKinnon. He’s a second-round Laquon Treadwell.

21. Tevin Coleman

Best Case: Coleman’s absurd touchdown rate declines, but he somehow becomes even more efficient. His yards per catch falls from 13.6 to 12.0, but he gets his yards per carry above 5.0. Dynasty league owners start fantasizing about where Coleman will sign in 2019.

Worst Case: Dealing with a newly-paid Devonta Freeman, new OC Steve Sarkisian reorganizes the backfield, making Freeman a true bell-cow. Coleman tallies a career-low 75 carries, and his catches fall from 31 to 20. He scores three total touchdowns.

22. Adrian Peterson

Best Case: Playing for the best offensive coach of his career, Peterson once again woodsheds age, as well as Mark Ingram. He rushes for 10 touchdowns for the ninth time in nine proper seasons as his YPA fluctuates between 4.5 and 5.0.

Worst Case: Peterson makes for a nice mantelpiece on the sideline, at least when he isn’t stewing about Ingram remaining the Saints’ feature back. “adrian peterson saints” is a fun Google Images search in 2027.

23. Danny Woodhead

Best Case: Woodhead duplicates his San Diego career years, catching 75 passes while vulturing five touchdowns as a rusher. The annual PPR lifehack is even an RB2 in standard leagues while Kenneth Dixon is suspended.

Worst Case: Coming off a torn ACL, Woodhead looks every bit his 32 years. The telepathic connection he displayed with Philip Rivers is lethargic with Joe Flacco. Dixon sees plenty of third-down work upon his Week 5 return. Woodhead is waiver wire fodder even in PPR leagues.

24. Mike Gillislee

Best Case: Gillislee can’t match LeGarrette Blount’s 18 touchdowns, but his 1,200 yards rushing are the most by a Patriots back since 2012. He’s a no-frills RB2 with little difference between floor and ceiling.

Worst Case: Bill Belichick does more mixing and matching than anticipated on early downs, making Gillislee wildly difficult to forecast on a weekly basis. He settles in as an RB3 with a zero-point floor.