• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"
On paper, the Broncos backfield might be one to avoid this year after the team signed Jamaal Charles in free agency to go with Anderson and Devontae Booker, as well as rookie De'Angelo Henderson. New coach Vance Joseph even said, "You need two or three guys that can carry the load. It is no longer a one-guy position."

But I'm not shying away from Anderson based on Joseph's quote, and there's another report from Denver that Charles, who has battled knee injuries for the past two years and is 30, is "50-50" to make the final roster. You should avoid Charles in the majority of leagues even if he makes the team.

Anderson, however, is worth drafting in Round 5, and the addition of Charles has lowered his price on Draft Day. When healthy, Anderson has proven to be a solid Fantasy running back, and the Broncos also improved their offensive line with the additions of free agents Ron Leary and Menelik Watson and rookie first-round pick Garett Bolles. Anderson could end up as a steal this year."

@Yellow Fuzzies @TREFF :nod:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the mercury rises, Brad Evans and Liz Loza will tackle pressing fantasy questions tied to every NFL team. Read, ponder and get a jump on your offseason research. Sunday’s topic: The Denver Broncos.

From one AFC West team to another, Jamaal Charles’ presence in the Broncos backfield has some fantasy owners second-guessing C.J. Anderson’s hold on the starting gig. BELIEVE or MAKE BELIEVE on Anderson’s ability to close out 2017 with RB2 numbers.

Liz – BELIEVE. The Charles signing had more to do with Devontae Booker than C.J. Anderson. Before tearing his meniscus in Week 7, Anderson was putting up RB1 numbers and averaging over 14 fantasy points per game. Once sidelined, it was expected that Booker would flourish in the leading role. However, the then-rookie was woefully inefficient for the remainder of the season, averaging a paltry 3.0 YPC and finding the end zone just four times.

current contract are further evidence that he won’t command a large percentage of the touches. If anything, he’ll function more as a receiving back than a between-the-tackles grinder." data-reactid="26">Given Anderson’s conditioning issues and Booker’s underwhelming rookie campaign it makes sense that the team would want to add depth at the position. But Charles is no longer a workhorse. If he were, the Chiefs wouldn’t have let him go. The details of his current contract are further evidence that he won’t command a large percentage of the touches. If anything, he’ll function more as a receiving back than a between-the-tackles grinder.

Make no mistake, Denver’s backfield will be an RBBC, but Anderson still figures to receive the bulk of the carries. With a bolstered offensive to help him stay healthy, Anderson should maintain RB2 numbers in 2017, racking up roughly 15 totes per contest.

Brad – BELIEVE. When Charles signed on the dotted line, Denver area radio hosts immediately spout ear-piercing hyperbole about the rusher – flawed declarations. Folks, JC is cooked. His rickety knees are held together with duct tape, fishing wire and a wad of Juicy Fruit. For that reason, the Broncos signed him to an incentive-laden deal. There’s no guarantee he’ll even survive training camp. Even if he does, I highly doubt he averages more than 7-9 touches per game." data-reactid="28">Brad – BELIEVE. When Charles signed on the dotted line, Denver area radio hosts immediately spout ear-piercing hyperbole about the rusher – flawed declarations. Folks, JC is cooked. His rickety knees are held together with duct tape, fishing wire and a wad of Juicy Fruit. For that reason, the Broncos signed him to an incentive-laden deal. There’s no guarantee he’ll even survive training camp. Even if he does, I highly doubt he averages more than 7-9 touches per game.

If that scenario unfolds, Anderson should stave off Charles, Devontae Booker and rookie D’Angelo Henderson with relative ease. Yes, the injury imp loves to feast on CJA’s flesh, but when healthy he’s an effective between-the-tackles grinder who gains appreciable yards after contact. Running behind a boosted offensive line, he should land in the RB20-RB24 range come year’s end. Heading up the committee with roughly 14-16 touches per game, Anderson finishes with 1,100 combined yards and 6-8 TDs.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"
On paper, the Broncos backfield might be one to avoid this year after the team signed Jamaal Charles in free agency to go with Anderson and Devontae Booker, as well as rookie De'Angelo Henderson. New coach Vance Joseph even said, "You need two or three guys that can carry the load. It is no longer a one-guy position."

But I'm not shying away from Anderson based on Joseph's quote, and there's another report from Denver that Charles, who has battled knee injuries for the past two years and is 30, is "50-50" to make the final roster. You should avoid Charles in the majority of leagues even if he makes the team.

Anderson, however, is worth drafting in Round 5, and the addition of Charles has lowered his price on Draft Day. When healthy, Anderson has proven to be a solid Fantasy running back, and the Broncos also improved their offensive line with the additions of free agents Ron Leary and Menelik Watson and rookie first-round pick Garett Bolles. Anderson could end up as a steal this year."

@Yellow Fuzzies @TREFF :nod:
Disagree on all points..for reasons already thoroughly explained. . And rooted in historical facts too btw, not opinion

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want a Bronco RB to watch? Start paying close attention to DeAngelo Henderson about week 6-7..unless CJ gets hurt before then

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, kudos to @SteelersPride , pretty sure that is the most detailed post I've seen in a while.
it was expected that Booker would flourish in the leading role. However, the then-rookie was woefully inefficient for the remainder of the season, averaging a paltry 3.0 YPC and finding the end zone just four times.
I still like Booker.
One reason why is because I think most rookies need a year to adjust to the NFL.
The NFL requires them to execute and not just "make their own" yards.
My opinion is it takes time for them to adjust to the timing, the execution (trusting their teammates) and the following assignments.
Just look at how 2nd-year guys like Freeman and Gordon turned it around.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Broncos backfield is one of many that is really foggy. Seems to be the case for the majority of NFL teams for FF players. Pats, Lions, Vikings, Bengals, Seahawks, 49ers, Saints, Panthers, Redskins etc etc. If you got a sure workhorse feel blessed.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, kudos to @SteelersPride , pretty sure that is the most detailed post I've seen in a while.

I still like Booker.
One reason why is because I think most rookies need a year to adjust to the NFL.
The NFL requires them to execute and not just "make their own" yards.
My opinion is it takes time for them to adjust to the timing, the execution (trusting their teammates) and the following assignments.
Just look at how 2nd-year guys like Freeman and Gordon turned it around.
more often than not though rook RB's come in and can go. the other positions, not so much

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But you did call out all of my colleagues. And I can assure you that you are wrong.

Some examples of your threads being much too specific (Fleener in the 6th, QB here, DST there, WR-WR-WR no matter what, etc...), and our advice (some good, some bad), being ignored or mocked.

I'm nervous about drafting Miller

Scary thing about my draft

Going back and forth

With the draft almost 2 and a half hours away

...and two years ago

Draft starts in 40 minutes

... a lot of the posts are basically saying not to predetermine your 7th round pick. (that's where the Fleener jabs come from, not because you were wrong about a player) ... we ALL get players wrong, and WE all own up to it. YOU seem to be the one who blames others for your draft picks.

Yeah.... so.... it's not just football, guys.

Time to trade two of Felix, Cueto, and Bum for hitters

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2017-6-1_7-46-1.png

the bad news for Hyde in SF keeps piling up higher and higher.
of course fantasy guys are wishing hoping praying that he gets traded to a better situation.
F me again for trading away Joe Williams way too quickly, nice play @ehb5

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 160787

of course fantasy guys are wishing hoping praying that he gets traded to a better situation.
i traded howard to chef for peanuts last year, worst trade of eh year, years prior i traded newton at the start of his mvp like season for bradford straight up buying the chip kelly hype

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays healthy he is the most talented back in that backfield imo. I have always liked him regardless of fantasy allegiance

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays healthy he is the most talented back in that backfield imo. I have always liked him regardless of fantasy allegiance
I assume you mean Hyde? I would agree about the talent, however, some guys just don't have the instincts to fit certain systems. I mean, there's no denying DMC was immensely morr talented than Rashard Jebnings, but when they stitched to a zone scheme, he was hopeless, and Jennings shined. Most guys are capable enough in any system, a few, just don't fit one or the other

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 160787

No garuantees on Williams either.
Read some of the scouting reports on these rookie RB and nearly all of them have fumbling problems.
And if they fumbling issues in collecollege, it's not about to get easier.
Cough up a couple inside the 30 and these guys will be on a short leash.