• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fangraphs projections of prospects traded at the deadline

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projecting All of the Prospects Traded at the Deadline | FanGraphs Baseball

If you don't feel like reading it, here is a summary of Mariners related players:

-Fangraphs ranks O'Neill as the 4th best prospect traded at the deadline. Marco Gonzales is ranked #23.

Net-Prospect-Value-Added-at-the-Trade-Deadline-1.png

Mariners ranked at #24 in net prospect value added.

Tyler O'Neill is hitting .306/.308/.694/1.002 with 3 HRs 14 RBIs and 2 SB in his 9 games with the Cardinals AAA affiliate.

Since June first, O'Neill is hitting .282/.363/.610/.973 with 17 HRs 50 RBIs and 6 SB in 51 games. 17 HRs = 54 HRs over a 162 game schedule.

Meanwhile in his two starts down in Tacoma, Marco Gonzales has a 4.50 ERA in 12 IP with 5 BB and 9 Ks.

It was about time this organization gave us a new Doug Fister-like trade to complain about.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Club officials were caught off-guard at the criticism that followed a July 21 trade that sent outfielder Tyler O’Neill to St. Louis for left-hander Marco Gonzales, a former first-round pick in his first year back from Tommy John surgery.

The Mariners saw the deal as one in which they dealt from an area of strength (outfielders) to address an area of need (starting pitching). Gonzales, 25, won his first start at Triple-A Tacoma and is 7-4 with a 2.91 ERA this season in 13 starts.

"Clearly, we like Marco Gonzales better than the mainstream media," Dipoto said, "but the mainstream media hasn’t been familiar with Marco Gonzales for a year-and-a-half.

Caught off-guard? This really concerns me. If they were caught off-guard they really must be missing something. Also I can see that Dipoto is using some of Donald Trump's rhetoric by dismissing concerns as a result of "mainstream media." Surprised he didn't throw out a "Fake news" quote.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught off-guard? This really concerns me. If they were caught off-guard they really must be missing something. Also I can see that Dipoto is using some of Donald Trump's rhetoric by dismissing concerns as a result of "mainstream media." Surprised he didn't throw out a "Fake news" quote.

I was going to say the fake news thing too, how often do GM's say mainstream media? I feel even less confident in that trade now where the most positive thing he says about Gonzales is the "mainstream media" hasn't looked at him like they have. I'm not even sure what that means, were the Cardinals just ignoring him or something.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say the fake news thing too, how often do GM's say mainstream media? I feel even less confident in that trade now where the most positive thing he says about Gonzales is the "mainstream media" hasn't looked at him like they have. I'm not even sure what that means, were the Cardinals just ignoring him or something.

It really is getting harder and harder to play devil's advocate and defend the actions of this front office.

Trying to rationalize the transactions made by this team makes me feel like Sean Spicer during a Donald Trump press conference.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is getting harder and harder to play devil's advocate and defend the actions of this front office.

Trying to rationalize the transactions made by this team makes me feel like Sean Spicer during a Donald Trump press conference.

Ya, I don't get it. Those statements just are so insane and he must have meant something else. I just can't seriously think he thinks a minority of fans are upset with him because the MSM has used propaganda against Dipoto so we are brainwashed.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now they've proved to be as clueless as ever. More than anything, if I'm understanding it right, they regretted the trade. They're not gonna admit it, but that's about as close as it can get.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now they've proved to be as clueless as ever. More than anything, if I'm understanding it right, they regretted the trade. They're not gonna admit it, but that's about as close as it can get.

The frustrating thing is that they seem oblivious to the fact that many people don't approve of the trade.

Obviously there is a reason that the guys at Baseball America don't work for MLB organizations, but to be completely oblivious to "mainstream" evaluation of these prospects is pretty concerning.

I don't claim to know better than the M's scouts, but I would definitely try to look at every evaluation of Marco - from "mainstream media" to my own scouts' evaluation. The fact that JD seems surprised people are critical of the trade is concerning.