• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: falcons @ eagles

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins: “I would’ve held (Sanu) if I had to. I’d have got a holding call and we’d have played another snap.”

Eagles-Falcons, the stop on 4th and goal: ‘You make the...

I get it from the sentiment, it's better to give up a penalty if a guy breaks you and you think he'd be open for a TD. But you're not talking about another snap. you're talking about first and goal from the 1. which would mean more time coming off the clock on a potential TD for your offense to work with on the other end.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you guys want to see in Rd 2? Saints or Vikes?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

definitely the vikings, a team that doesn't exactly excel on the road and has that in-between QB. not good enough to be the man, but good enough to lead a balanced team.. just like foles. this was the same squad that was losing to the browns late in the 3rd (in london i believe) before putting them away.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vikes all the way. My logic is this: Saints can score a lot of points. I don't think we can with Foles. Our best chance is to win a lower scoring game like the one yesterday.

Same with the Super Bowl. My dream scenario would be Jacksonville.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
da fuq is collinsworth looking at??? no head or neck was hit???
He wasn't paying attention to half the game. On the punt fumble one replay showed that it clearly didn't hit the foot of the first player it "hit" but he was too busy talking to notice. Not that it mattered. He was off on so many things all game. He's just awful.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question was could Foles drive the Eagles 80 yards in under a minute. My response was appropriate. I think Foles did a good job today but I accept that he is a backup and most likely will play like one.
They would have needed a field goal. 80 yards is a bit excessive.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing. I was not being negative. You started this stupid debate. I think Foles played well today. However the question was posed if he could drive the Eagles 80 yards in under a minute. I replied with don't make me laugh because to be honest it is laughable to think he can. He played well when he focused on his strength of the short and intermediate stuff but when he had to go deeper than that he was pretty brutal.
Both QB's looked bad on long throws. It was very windy.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Foles credit for using all his receivers. This means he was not mechanical in any way. He watched the whole field to find an open receiver. Big improvement over earlier games. He got away with a few mistakes, but became sharper as the game went on. Give credit to Doug for a well coached game and the fact that the Eagles had the ball for 32 minutes.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just thinking on this this morning and was going to pose this question.

I arrived at the Vikes as well. And I wondered if I was alone in that. Both teams are dome teams that will struggle with the elements. And I would rather face the Saints D with our offense. Still, and more so, while I think our D could control the Saints O to some degree I think we would have to put up some points to hang.

I would rather take the chance on Vikes D and work to control the Vikes O into another low scoring affair where home field and elements can come more into play.

One caution I noticed on high lights this morning was the field. It’s perhaps the best I’ve seen the Linc field in January since early 2000s, but there was a fair amount of slipping going on out there. Maybe that just helps us more against a dome team. But I just hope the field doesn’t get worse with another week of winter down.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he did use a lot of receivers, but that some of it was by design. Doug Pederson and his assistants did a good job of giving him some good run/pass read players that let him quickly get the ball out.

Anyway, the Nick Foles we saw last night can possibly get us to a Super Bowl. I don't think he could actually win the Super Bowl against a team like the Patriots or Steelers that can put up points, but he can get us there.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you think the Falcons pulled a BS move when the Eagles were moving the ball and it was like 1st and goal when a defender looked like he faked the injury? They were gassed and I think we score on that drive.

Mix of both. I think the player himself did have an injury, looking at how he tried to get of the field. However, other players definitely decided to milk it for all that it was worth, telling him to get down.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to face the Saints. I trust our offense to be able to move the ball against the saints and create a few drives to get some points on the board. It's harder to trust this offense vs a defense like the Vikings - I think that's a much tougher task for our offense. I rather put the trust in our defense to slow down the Saints offense.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purple People Eaters vs. Gang Green it is

Thanks to a complete choke job by the Saints D

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank god, because i can't stand sean payton. it's going to suck if we lose, but seeing his douchebag face celebrating on our field would have been that much worse.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pulling for Minny just because I can see myself rooting for them in the SB if we lose than seeing a Sean Payton face in the SB. I couldn't stomach a Saints vs Pats SB. I love Brees and a few of the Buckeyes on the Saints (Michael Thomas, Tedd Ginn Jr, and Lattimore), but to see Payton smiling ruins it for me. Anyway, I like our chances vs the Vikes, but we need to prepare our secondary from big plays out of Diggs and Thelian. Rudolph will be tough to cover as well.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on that Minny D. We’ve got a D of our own. It’s going to be a GAME!!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our OL vs the Vikes Dline to be honest. I think we need to set Foles up w what Collinsworth was saying with the term "rpo" or run, pass, option. It was a play out of Chip's playbook and it seemed to work well w Foles.
Now, I'm not that familiar w the Vikes Oline, but I do know that Keenum struggled w the pass when he was pressured and getting knocked over. I think our Dline is much better than NO. I just like our matchup better vs Minny than I did w NO.