• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: falcons @ eagles

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. His teammate even told him to sit down.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What didn't he do today?

The question was could Foles drive the Eagles 80 yards in under a minute. My response was appropriate. I think Foles did a good job today but I accept that he is a backup and most likely will play like one.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a friggin nail biter all game. I don't think I sat down once watching this game.

The thing about a Fole which is clear to me.... Foles is highly accurate throwing 10 yards or less. But can't make a throw beyond it to save his life. I honestly don't want to see him make another throw beyond 10 yards... even if the guy is 20 yards open. He has "NO" accuracy throwing deep. NONE!! But that is ok. Marching down the field 7-8 yards a play helps chew the clock; keeping opponents offense off the field. Lets keep playing to Foles strength. Foles left at LEAST 2 long play TD's of receivers wide open on the field. Lets adjust the gameplay to keep it short/medium where he has proven to be quite accurate. I also don't think Foles has the ability to make more than 1 read. Agholor was open so many times over the middle on inside slants that didn't seem to be seen. At a critical 3rd down, Foles hit the RB 2 yards short on a 3rd down (who managed to push thru his defender for the RAC 1st down... HOWEVER, Agholor was WIDER open AND 2 yards past the 1st down marker. His decision making and ability to see the field is truly lacking. So please, Doug, keep playing to his strength only.

I think I got more grey hairs watching that game... what a nail biter. Nice win Eagles!!!!!!!

GO SAINTS!!! GO TITANS!!! GO JAGS!!!! :)

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total team victory today. A lot of character displayed itself against the falcons.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question was could Foles drive the Eagles 80 yards in under a minute.

He wouldn't have. He would have just needed to get us into position for Jake to hit a 70 yarder. :D

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoutouts:

Darby blanketed Julio Jones for most of the game.

Jalen Mills: solid play all season including today (imagine getting Sid Jones next year)

Wisniewski: a fucking beast at LG.

Foles: got his shit together and ended with really good numbers.

DLine: Dominating all over, specifically Cox, Jernigan, Graham.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our O-line played really well.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoutouts:

Darby blanketed Julio Jones for most of the game.

Jalen Mills: solid play all season including today (imagine getting Sid Jones next year)

Wisniewski: a fucking beast at LG.

Foles: got his shit together and ended with really good numbers.

DLine: Dominating all over, specifically Cox, Jernigan, Graham.
I would add Vitai to this list. He played very well today protecting Foles blindside.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This turned out to be the way we needed to win it. I was feeling a little rough on the playcalling earlier...but clearly I was wound too tight. The running on the TD Drive was spot on! The calling and clock management worked well from there.

It still was way too damn close at the end...but this is a Falcons offense with pluck.

This builds some confidence going into the NFCCG at home next weekend. Gotta love it!!

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you think the Falcons pulled a BS move when the Eagles were moving the ball and it was like 1st and goal when a defender looked like he faked the injury? They were gassed and I think we score on that drive.

yeah, fucking annoying when guys do that.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question was could Foles drive the Eagles 80 yards in under a minute. My response was appropriate. I think Foles did a good job today but I accept that he is a backup and most likely will play like one.

What about at the end of the half when he drove us into FG range?

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy to have one more week of Football to watch at least.
We have a great team that will be even stronger next year. Hopefully Peters and DS can play one more year. Our secondary will be stronger next year. It's a great time to be an Eagles fan. I suspect we might win a couple of SBs in the next five years! It's all gravy from here on in.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, fucking annoying when guys do that.

Were you on the shitter when he got lucky when the sure interception bounced off a defenders knee? Come on dude you can do better than that.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you on the shitter when he got lucky when the sure interception bounced off a defenders knee? Come on dude you can do better than that.

He wasn't hit at all on that throw...

Its like some people just can't be happy.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't hit at all on that throw...

Its like some people just can't be happy.

Here is the thing. I was not being negative. You started this stupid debate. I think Foles played well today. However the question was posed if he could drive the Eagles 80 yards in under a minute. I replied with don't make me laugh because to be honest it is laughable to think he can. He played well when he focused on his strength of the short and intermediate stuff but when he had to go deeper than that he was pretty brutal.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug slowly won me over this season; differentiating himself from Andy. But today's victory cemented it. Come what may i'm ride or die with Dougie P

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing. I was not being negative. You started this stupid debate. I think Foles played well today. However the question was posed if he could drive the Eagles 80 yards in under a minute. I replied with don't make me laugh because to be honest it is laughable to think he can. He played well when he focused on his strength of the short and intermediate stuff but when he had to go deeper than that he was pretty brutal.

He didn't need to drive 80 yards in a minute... Kickoff, touchback, 40 yards, FG.

Your assessment of his passing is pretty brutal... Analysis | Breaking down Nick Foles’s big night for the Eagles in three charts

It’s really hard to consistently be as accurate as Nick Foles was Saturday. His 76.7 percent passing vaulted him to second place all-time in career playoff accuracy.

It’s easy to be that accurate with a bunch of short passes that let receivers rack up yards after the catch. But Foles really did throw the ball down the field. He averaged 7.7 yards per passing attempt. That’s just about four-tenths of a yard (14 inches) less than Drew Brees, who leads the NFL in that category.

It would also rank just behind Matt Ryan and just ahead of Kirk Cousins’ season average.

In the end, people see what they want to see. I'm just sick and tired of the negadelphians and the knee jerk reactionists wanting to start Nate Sudfield because they saw him throw a bunch of passes against the 2's one game... its a fucking joke.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you are really reaching. I said when he had to go BEYOND his comfort zone of the short to intermediate stuff stuff he was brutal. I clearly said I thought he played well. Read the entire response before you start responding. Also..a remedial reading comprehension course may assist you.

I am done with this stupid argument.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you are really reaching. I said when he had to go BEYOND his comfort zone of the short to intermediate stuff stuff he was brutal. I clearly said I thought he played well. Read the entire response before you start responding. Also..a remedial reading comprehension course may assist you.

I am done with this stupid argument.

He played well, but was brutal at something the statistics disprove...

So he threw a duck on the first pass deep into the wind and had a pass almost picked where the throw was altered by the rush. But again... people see what they want to see.

personal attacks are fun... :L