• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

F*cking Oakland. Here they come

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple. JP thinks trading for average guys to the line up and adding a couple of bull pen arms will solve everything. Yet the key piece of a trade he forgot was adding a starter which could have been had. So hear we are tied with friggen Oakland again. Mariner baseball at its best :mad2:

And what was the number one need in the off season? A stud SP to pitch before/after Paxton. I don't accept any excuse from any writer or whoever who says we don't have the pieces to trade for one because it should have never came down to trying to acquire one in late July as I know you know. They piss me off when they say that crap. What is the old saying in life; "Failure to plan is planning to fail". DIP failed and got extended...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what was the number one need in the off season? A stud SP to pitch before/after Paxton. I don't accept any excuse from any writer or whoever who says we don't have the pieces to trade for one because it should have never came down to trying to acquire one in late July as I know you know. They piss me off when they say that crap. What is the old saying in life; "Failure to plan is planning to fail". DIP failed and got extended...

Yep, we all knew it and nothing was done now look. This rotation was over achieving and now it's coming back down to earth along with the lack of hitting. I had zero problems giving up prospects for Archer who's still under club control for another 2.5 years at a very good price but the M's don't need him, or Hamels, or J.A. Happ cause Felix will bounce right back to save the season.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we all knew it and nothing was done now look. This rotation was over achieving and now it's coming back down to earth along with the lack of hitting. I had zero problems giving up prospects for Archer who's still under club control for another 2.5 years at a very good price but the M's don't need him, or Hamels, or J.A. Happ cause Felix will bounce right back to save the season.

You forgot to use the "sarcasm font" when you typed that!

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple. JP thinks trading for average guys to the line up and adding a couple of bull pen arms will solve everything. Yet the key piece of a trade he forgot was adding a starter which could have been had. So hear we are tied with friggen Oakland again. Mariner baseball at its best :mad2:

good point ......but the.. back side ..of that is a depleted farm system....so IMo...im not going to......bust on him for that ...just yet...

but after the off season.....its on my list.........ha ha lololol

and on my list is sign maybin to two or three year deal and ...span to two one year deals
or a searies of three one year deals.(with bonuses)..lol.......football does that way ...baesball not so much

Last edited:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DIP failed and got extended...

Just not suprising because that's what this organization does. They will hold onto to Dipoto until it gets to point where it becomes embarrassing. Bavasi and Jack Z were both kept at least two years too long and the organization still hasn't recovered from that.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this year the push is on ......but IMO...next year is the big one...make it or break it......IMO

and the felix is situation is right there...the whole time...so how they deal with it will be important

after that ..a freed up 26 mil ...then they can take a deep breath

Last edited:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not suprising because that's what this organization does. They will hold onto to Dipoto until it gets to point where it becomes embarrassing. Bavasi and Jack Z were both kept at least two years too long and the organization still hasn't recovered from that.

The duo of Dipoto/Servais will be with us as long as ownership continues to pad their pockets. Fans will determine how long that will be IMO.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point ......but the.. back side ..of that is a depleted farm system....so IMo...im not going to......bust on him for that ...just yet...

but after the off season.....its on my list.........ha ha lololol

and on my list is sign maybin to two or three year deal and ...span to two one year deals
or a searies of three one year deals.(with bonuses)..lol.......football does that way ...baesball not so much

I know we need to save the farm but these guys are prospects that may or my not pan out. Archer was a guy who you give up prospects for because he would have brought an immediate impact to the rotation and under club control for another 2.5 years on a cheap contract by starting pitchers standards. That's just my opinion.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the deed is done. We have surrendered the wild card spot to Oakland.

Yeah, SO worth the manager's contract extension.

So I guess we just tank from here on out.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't totally given up on a WC for the Mariners in spite of Servais, but I am just so frustrated with JD that he doesn't see how his manager is lacking the necessary skills in critical areas but instead raves about how great his manager is performing. Servais has certainly made growth in the 3 years, but he still has significant areas that must be addressed if he is ever going to have a winning team.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the deed is done. We have surrendered the wild card spot to Oakland.

Yeah, SO worth the manager's contract extension.

So I guess we just tank from here on out.
I mean if they just tank for 4 or 5 more years maybe they will have enough in the farm system to buy a fucking starting pitcher while in a playoff race. Maybe.

Oakland be like
giphy.gif

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet, A's will cool off, but this offense needs to seriously wake up and smell the coffee..
It's not the offense that should be the key issue as it is the pitching. Servais has sabotaged this pitching staff, and for THAT he gets a contract extension?

A smarter GM would have fired the manager over that! Not DiPoto, though...Shades of past GMs start to show.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the offense that should be the key issue as it is the pitching. Servais has sabotaged this pitching staff, and for THAT he gets a contract extension?

A smarter GM would have fired the manager over that! Not DiPoto, though...Shades of past GMs start to show.

As far as I am concerned, it starts at the top. Ownership apparently loves Dipoto, who in turn, loves Servais, who in turn loves Nicasio etc. Same old shit, just different names in the GM and Manager slots. Dipoto sold the farm for a quick fix?? Gonna backfire on ya bigtime Jerry. :juggle:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm not ready to fry Dipoto over any of it. Sure, I'm not a Servais fan to say the least, but they came into an aging team with a bloated salary and depleted farm system. Jerry has made some decent additions to the club, but they haven't solved their starting rotation and it's going to take time to thin out this aging payroll.

It's another wasted season, but I doubt anyone could come in and clean up this mess in one or two years. It's been so bad for so long and it goes so deep down the farm system.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I'm not ready to fry Dipoto over any of it. Sure, I'm not a Servais fan to say the least, but they came into an aging team with a bloated salary and depleted farm system. Jerry has made some decent additions to the club, but they haven't solved their starting rotation and it's going to take time to thin out this aging payroll.

Agree... Can't fire Dip yet... He's made some good moves as well... When you don't have many assets (farm system) it becomes a liability... This farm system reminds me of the WSU Cougars team when Leach took over his first season after Paul Wolffe ran it into the ground... Took a few years to get some real talent into the starting lineup...

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's another wasted season, but I doubt anyone could come in and clean up this mess in one or two years. It's been so bad for so long and it goes so deep down the farm system.

I would have a lot more faith and confidence in JD if he would have: 1) sought out and hired a seasoned/experienced manager instead of bringing on Scott Servais and 2) if he would have acquired a winning starter this year knowing we were possibly in line for a WC. It's obvious he is seeking (in his way) to build a team but it has been disappointing that he did not address the starting pitching issue. He's a gambler and his gamble with Servais is part of the reason why the M's may not be seeing post season again this year. Time lost grooming a manager who had absolutely zero managing experience is frustrating to many fans is all I am saying.

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Et tu, Paxton? Have you quit as well?

Not a big surprise, really. The rest of the team has given up, only fitting that he follows suit.

I hope they never fill another seat unless they realize what they need to do!

GET FUCKING SWEPT!

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Waivers on the following?

What could Paxton ( always hurt ) but what pitcher would draw more interest than Paxton?
Dodgers? BoSox?

And Cruz Also. Stud still can bring us a HUGE haul.
Seager 2 homer night, trade his ass today.