• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ezekiel Elliott In Deep Trouble

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what concerns me. I (perhaps naively) don't think he assaulted the girlfriend. I think he probably punched the guy or at the very least was involved, but how and why (self defense or maybe the guy was "that guy" at the bar that we all think deserved it) does make a difference. I think anyone who thinks he did anything wrong on St Patty's Day is a hypocrite or spends their life in Church. So I don't really think there is anything substantial with any of these transgressions. But there sure do seem to be a lot of "meaningless" transgressions.

What worries me is all of these, combined with the pre-draft talk makes me think it isn't all just bad luck. I am worried he MAY be a spoiled little bastard that has been coddled his whole life and has been allowed to do what he wants, when he wants and gotten away with it. That will be exposed now that he is an NFL Super Star living under the Dallas Cowboy spotlight and more so now that people are starting to expect it from him. So he either matures or this gets worse before it gets better.
If he assaulted his GF, that alone is a major cause for concern, but like you I'm not convinced he did, all of the other issues are so minor I wouldn't be concerned individually, but it's combination of it all thats the story here. Zeke needs to pull his head out and think beyond the moment.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope plenty wouldn't do that against a woman's wishes.
Go back tovwhen you were 22, put yourself at Mardi Gras, or any other drunkfest where titties are being exposed by the minute. Most of us STRAIGHT men will at the very least want to grab some tit.
At my age today, no I wouldn't expose a womens breast but I'd be eyes on if its happening around me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he assaulted his GF, that alone is a major cause for concern, but like you I'm not convinced he did, all of the other issues are so minor I wouldn't be concerned individually, but it's combination of it all thats the story here. Zeke needs to pull his head out and think beyond the moment.
that seems to be the big problem as it is with many young men and was for a young @jarntt too. I can think of things I've done in the year that I'm glad weren't made public. When I was 22??? Oh boy...

But right or wrong he has to realize he is now a target.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that seems to be the big problem as it is with many young men and was for a young @jarntt too. I can think of things I've done in the year that I'm glad weren't made public. When I was 22??? Oh boy...

Multi_Millionare Ezeke Elliott has lost the privilege of making the same mistakes as 22 year old broke fuck jarntt..........:suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back tovwhen you were 22, put yourself at Mardi Gras, or any other drunkfest where titties are being exposed by the minute. Most of us STRAIGHT men will at the very least want to grab some tit.
At my age today, no I wouldn't expose a womens breast but I'd be eyes on if its happening around me.

I was taught from a very early age to respect a woman's body so no at age 22 I would not have done that. Beyond that I also knew that if I did do that and was caught on camera I was in a career at that time that I would have been fired on the spot (worked for a school district) and went to a college that had a zero tolerance policy on those types of things so would have been kicked out of school. Wouldn't have risked it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, I've done some asinine shit in my days, good thing I wasn't famous and TMZ wasn't around.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was taught from a very early age to respect a woman's body so no at age 22 I would not have done that. Beyond that I also knew that if I did do that and was caught on camera I was in a career at that time that I would have been fired on the spot (worked for a school district) and went to a college that had a zero tolerance policy on those types of things so would have been kicked out of school. Wouldn't have risked it.
Well there you go, we found a saint amongst us. Good for you.
I don't believe you, but then again I don't know you either.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you go, we found a saint amongst us. Good for you.
I don't believe you, but then again I don't know you either.

Well I was going to Bible college when I was 22 continually having it told to me to respect/honor women. So I'm not lying when I say that I wouldn't have done it. Like I said could have been kicked out of college if caught. Had a kid show up to school drunk one day and boom gone the next.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why, because hes a public target?

Its simply the way it is for any celebrity/athlete, part of the package when you are gifted with becoming very rich and very famous at a very young age, is you cant make the same mistakes as the every day guy.....You now represent an organization, a league, a city to some extent, for the rewards given, its not too much to ask to keep your nose clean.......In my late teens, early 20's, i didnt give a second thought to getting into a fight over a girl, or at a bar, or getting behind the wheel when i shouldnt......Like you said, part of it is being a public target, a lot of it has to do with what you now represent, who you represent, the millions that look up to you, etc.etc.etc

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to explain......This is a message board, and Elliott is a hot topic around the league during July....Some regulars in this place were wearing diapers the last time the Cowboys won anything of significance......I hate Brady, but at least his ballwashers have a reason to accuse others of "hating", that type of talk coming from Cowboys fans is beyond comical, and grossly in-accurate

If only Elliot could actually smack his woman around and simply get a single game slap on the wrist a year later :whistle:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, there is a decent argument that I had a lawyer make and got me out of a speeding ticket once because I was picked out of a group that was all moving at the same speed. Can't remember it exactly but the Speed Limit is just an approximation, and idea. In the exact same way that you doing 20 under the speed limit but hitting a puddle and spinning out of control can land you a speeding ticket since the law is that the speed limit isn't exact and that the actual speed limit is "the speed in which you can safely control your vehicle".

You either got a really nice judge, a stupid one, or maybe where you got pulled over the speed limit laws are a bit wonky/different. Either way, congrats to you on getting out of the ticket because that's not how it works in most states at all. The speed limit is not an approximation as most states have what is called "absolute" speed limit laws. This means that if you go 41 in a 40, you are breaking the law and that is that. No approximation (Now that doesn't mean they will pull you over for going 1 mph over, just showing that in most states, the limit is an absolute not an approximation).

I know in some states if you are caught going 20 over you are charged with reckless driving which carries a 90 day sentence as well as fines and that is for a first offense (WV is one of them). Granted you can probably get a lawyer and work those down (or completely out) but you're still going to face a ticket, at worst, for speeding.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always felt highway speed limits were suggestions, like things to do with Rice Krispies....

In town, around parks and schools though I follow them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You either got a really nice judge, a stupid one, or maybe where you got pulled over the speed limit laws are a bit wonky/different. Either way, congrats to you on getting out of the ticket because that's not how it works in most states at all. The speed limit is not an approximation as most states have what is called "absolute" speed limit laws. This means that if you go 41 in a 40, you are breaking the law and that is that. No approximation (Now that doesn't mean they will pull you over for going 1 mph over, just showing that in most states, the limit is an absolute not an approximation).

I know in some states if you are caught going 20 over you are charged with reckless driving which carries a 90 day sentence as well as fines and that is for a first offense (WV is one of them). Granted you can probably get a lawyer and work those down (or completely out) but you're still going to face a ticket, at worst, for speeding.

First time I got pulled over was for 4 over the speed limit on a calm summer day on a highway with the speed limit being 65. Agree that most states take a much harder line when it comes to speeding. Doesn't matter that flow of traffic is 20 over if you are the one who gets pulled over.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always felt highway speed limits were suggestions, like things to do with Rice Krispies....

In town, around parks and schools though I follow them.
Check...just keeping track of which laws are OK to break (Smoking pot, Speeding) and which aren't (pulling up a more than willing women's top):suds:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys are really having a good offseason. I am very happy with the state of the team. We just need Dak to have a few cold ones (not too many, I am not morbid) and get behind the wheel again and all will be good.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3