• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expectations of Trubisky and the Bears

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously I have no idea what to expect from this team now. The first 4 games showed us we could play with the big boys and also get our asses handed to us. If Trubisky fails this season We are back to the start, again.
I’m also extremely excited to see what the rook can do against a very good defense under the lights in Chicago. What does every expect for the rest of the season.....looks like 13-3 now.....right @noonthirtyjoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-3 ??? I expect 8-8 now, playoffs next year. I expect the rookie to be a improvement at the most important position.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday night is really the crossroads for this season. If Trub looks good and we win. Suddenly we have a chance to get back to .500 at 3-3, versus a Baltimore team that suddenly looks really bad. We'd be squarely in the middle of things, and it would appear the season may not be entirely lost after all. I'm not saying we'd go to the post-season or anything. However, we may have a shot to be playing meaningful football in December, which is really all I wanted this year.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously I have no idea what to expect from this team now. The first 4 games showed us we could play with the big boys and also get our asses handed to us. If Trubisky fails this season We are back to the start, again.
I’m also extremely excited to see what the rook can do against a very good defense under the lights in Chicago. What does every expect for the rest of the season.....looks like 13-3 now.....right @noonthirtyjoe

well, its better than finding out next year that we are back at the start with another new GM. For now we know we still have shit receivers. Hopefully Gentry is on the active roster and Shaheen starts catching balls, but there will still be the no receiver excuse. I wish they would bring Victor Cruz back again too.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we beat Minnesota it would put us at 2-3, and honestly with our schedule I would have taken that gladly before the season started...

Jury is still out on Detroit, but I really think Green Bay is catchable and beatable...

WR corps still a major concern, but maybe run more 2 or 3 TE sets? I mean Miller, Sims and Shaheen all out there at once might be an option. Good blocking set to go with our RBs, and all can catch the rock...

I'm going to stick with 6-10 for our season record, but am excited at the possibilities.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16-3. Unlimited titty kissing.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Trubisky fails this season, doesn`t mean hes a failure....our wr corps is crap,he`s a rookie will make rookie mistakes....Its gonna be a learning curve for him
I`d like to see the kid go out and play lights out and stay healthy........It`ll be interesting and looking forward to it..........its gotta be better than that show Glennon has put on so far.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trubisky fails this season, doesn`t mean hes a failure....our wr corps is crap,he`s a rookie will make rookie mistakes....Its gonna be a learning curve for him
I`d like to see the kid go out and play lights out and stay healthy........It`ll be interesting and looking forward to it..........its gotta be better than that show Glennon has put on so far.
True, Glennon didn’t do much except look over his shoulder and turn the ball over.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if we beat Minnesota it would put us at 2-3, and honestly with our schedule I would have taken that gladly before the season started...

Jury is still out on Detroit, but I really think Green Bay is catchable and beatable...

WR corps still a major concern, but maybe run more 2 or 3 TE sets? I mean Miller, Sims and Shaheen all out there at once might be an option. Good blocking set to go with our RBs, and all can catch the rock...

I'm going to stick with 6-10 for our season record, but am excited at the possibilities.

Our WR corps are near the bottom of the league, but honestly... Wright/Wheaton ARE actually legitimate NFL WR's. Neither is a #1, but they're surely better than they have looked with Glennon. I mean, Wright had a 1,000 yard season in Tennessee.

I'm interested in seeing more of Deonte Thompson. Guy runs a 4.33, and made some plays last year with Matt Barkley. He gets open quite a bit, he just needs a QB who can drive the ball downfield. Which Barkley actually could do. He was just extremely inept in every other facet of being a QB.

I think Thompson becomes a factor, as do the TE's more. I guess we'll also find out whose fault it really is that Wheaton isn't involved.

I get the feeling we're going to win Monday night, and would be even more confident if we had Trevathan.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our WR corps are near the bottom of the league, but honestly... Wright/Wheaton ARE actually legitimate NFL WR's. Neither is a #1, but they're surely better than they have looked with Glennon. I mean, Wright had a 1,000 yard season in Tennessee.

I'm interested in seeing more of Deonte Thompson. Guy runs a 4.33, and made some plays last year with Matt Barkley. He gets open quite a bit, he just needs a QB who can drive the ball downfield. Which Barkley actually could do. He was just extremely inept in every other facet of being a QB.

I think Thompson becomes a factor, as do the TE's more. I guess we'll also find out whose fault it really is that Wheaton isn't involved.

I get the feeling we're going to win Monday night, and would be even more confident if we had Trevathan.

Most the guys out there now at receiver are who he's been throwing to all camp. I agree about Thompson. Guaranteed he will be a bigger factor. I see the same for Shaheen.

I would feel better if even Kwiatkowski could make it back out there by Monday.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think 35 TDs is unreasonable for a rookie.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the first play from scrimmage McCown had against Dallas when everyone thought we were just running the ball. 50 yard go route. Ended up throwing for 500 yards. Trying to keep expectations down, but I think they start him throwing early.

Sure hope Gentry is on the field.