• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expansion Protected/Exposed Players

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to that tool, NTCs are not considered "movement" clauses. They have DET on there with no active restrictions. And with Larkin considered exempt, this draft got a easier on the Wings than I originally thought it would be. ...IF that tool is legit.
It seems like they're doing the best they can with the information that's out there ATM. AS the league continues to issue clarifications and new rules (hey, it is the NHL after all), they'll hopefully keep it updated.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like they're doing the best they can with the information that's out there ATM. AS the league continues to issue clarifications and new rules (hey, it is the NHL after all), they'll hopefully keep it updated.

In any case, thanks for the tool. It is pretty cool.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the answers probably in this thread but tldr lol

you can ask a player to waive his NMC and if he agrees, a team doesnt have to protect him in the draft, correct?

second part to this ... if a player is waiving his NMC, can it be just for the draft or is it for any other possible future transactions/trades

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you can ask a player to waive his NMC and if he agrees, a team doesnt have to protect him in the draft, correct?

second part to this ... if a player is waiving his NMC, can it be just for the draft or is it for any other possible future transactions/trades

Yes to the first point.

I dunno, good question, to the second point.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks kenny

so for the canucks ... the whole mantra all along has been you are going to lose one of Hansen, Baertchsi, Granlund ... now it looks like Hansen has been asked to provide his 8 team list pre deadline and has accepted his fate

why wouldnt Benning ask Loui Erikkson to waive his NMC ?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In general the NMC/NTC waiver is conditional and goes back into effect if nothing happens. For example, if a guy agrees to waive his NMC/NTC leading up to the trade deadline but the team ends up not trading him, it's my understanding that the NMC/NTC becomes effective once again immediately following the trade deadline.

Also, since they're individually negotiated, I think the players can set any limitations/conditions on waiver that they choose, so long as it's in keeping within the general confines of the original agreement.

If that's right, I would think the NMC/NTC would kick back in right away after the expansion draft is over, assuming the player isn't selected.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jstew. I hope we protect both Bae (has taken a step in the right direction this year) and Granuland.

Burrows doesn't need to be protected. Let him go to Vegas where he could live out his mobster dream

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general the NMC/NTC waiver is conditional and goes back into effect if nothing happens. For example, if a guy agrees to waive his NMC/NTC leading up to the trade deadline but the team ends up not trading him, it's my understanding that the NMC/NTC becomes effective once again immediately following the trade deadline.

Also, since they're individually negotiated, I think the players can set any limitations/conditions on waiver that they choose, so long as it's in keeping within the general confines of the original agreement.

If that's right, I would think the NMC/NTC would kick back in right away after the expansion draft is over, assuming the player isn't selected.
It's a situational thing. I don't think many players with NMC's waive it wholesale at the deadline to alllow themselves to be moved anywhere management pleases. He just submits a list of teams he'd move it for. It would be a similar scenario here - he'd agree to waive it to be moved to Vegas and nowhere else.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
protected lists wont be disclosed to the public ???

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less about who's protected or not but it's funny watching journos lose their shit over stuff like this:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got this from an anonymous source (sure to make The Donald angry), but here's the Oilers protected list:

Forwards x 7:
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid

Defense x 3:
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid

Goalie:
McTalbot

The best part, they don't have to protect McDavid :D

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less about who's protected or not but it's funny watching journos lose their shit over stuff like this:

I'm with ya, they are going crazy is because they've already written the opinion pieces.

I am fine with it waiting until afterward. I might actually watch a broadcast if there is no list ahead of time.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that the protected lists for all 30 teams are going to be leaked in any event.

/Damn Russians :D

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Vegas gets the lists.
4 days of trying to get draft picks for not taking guys they don't really want
V gas turns list in and league oks it
Vegas trades extra dmen for more picks
Vegas ends up with two AHL teams and Ben Bishop as a UFA

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Vegas gets the lists.
4 days of trying to get draft picks for not taking guys they don't really want
V gas turns list in and league oks it
Vegas trades extra dmen for more picks
Vegas ends up with two AHL teams and Ben Bishop as a UFA

Only-Vegas-logo-animation.gif

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got this from an anonymous source (sure to make The Donald angry), but here's the Oilers protected list:

Forwards x 7:
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid

Defense x 3:
McDavid
McDavid
McDavid

Goalie:
McTalbot

The best part, they don't have to protect McDavid :D

Im sick of all your coiler hatred dash. You think theyre so dumb that they dont know that they dont have to protect mcdavid. GAWDAMMIT THEY KNOW DAMMIT!

And theyre gonna use every spot to protect looch btw

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as per the cesspool, canucks will be playing Alex Biega as a forward the rest of the season and will categorize him as a forward for the expansion draft ... good effort i guess lol