• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone is talking about Diggs... BUT

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might have been the worst defense I have ever seen.

He doesn't just miss, it literally looks like 43 is trying to take out his own player. This is what happens when you don't teach the fundamentals of tackling. His head is down, he doesn't wrap up, poor angle, etc.
I feel bad for the young man, but that was absolutely horrible.

Not only that, #20 is just lagging behind the play and making very little effort. Just lazy defense. The entire saints coaching staff should be embarrassed.

And please don't start acting like the fix was in conspiracy guys.

giphy.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Diggs was sure he would get hit

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't just miss, it literally looks like 43 is trying to take out his own player. This is what happens when you don't teach the fundamentals of tackling. His head is down, he doesn't wrap up, poor angle, etc.

Not only that, #20 is just lagging behind the play and making very little effort. Just lazy defense. The entire saints coaching staff should be embarrassed.

giphy.gif

Why should the coaching staff be embarrassed? The defense was fine. He was in position to make a tackle in bounds which ends the game. I have zero issue with the play call.

As for Crawley (#20), he was doing his job as well. He shut down #17 route. Unfortunately Williams took him out with his poor attempt at a tackle. He likely tackles diggs if that doesn't happen as Diggs slowed down to stay in bounds after making the catch.

They actually had the perfect play call. All 3 secondary guys on that side of the field job was to shut down sideline routes. PJ Williams and Crawley did their job. Marcus Williams didn't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what he was trying to do. He just failed. He was trying to take Diggs legs out. Just whiffed.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif
they were told "not to interfere" and wiliams was petrified. in hindsight, interference would have benen preferable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what he was trying to do. He just failed. He was trying to take Diggs legs out. Just whiffed.

He was also there too early to dive, but did anyway, trying to take away the sideline but leaving the WR wide open for the TD as a result. Terrible individual play.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should the coaching staff be embarrassed? The defense was fine. He was in position to make a tackle in bounds which ends the game. I have zero issue with the play call.

As for Crawley (#20), he was doing his job as well. He shut down #17 route. Unfortunately Williams took him out with his poor attempt at a tackle. He likely tackles diggs if that doesn't happen as Diggs slowed down to stay in bounds after making the catch.

They actually had the perfect play call. All 3 secondary guys on that side of the field job was to shut down sideline routes. Williams and Crawley did their job. Williams didn't.
If I was the leader of a team and they made that effort on the last play of the game, I would be embarrassed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they were told "not to interfere" and wiliams was petrified. in hindsight, interference would have benen preferable.

His timing was just off as well. Seems like he wanted to take Diggs leg out. Probably didn't want to hit him high and get called for a personal foul penalty

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was the leader of a team and they made that effort on the last play of the game, I would be embarrassed.

What effort are you talking about? Crawley covered his WR perfectly well. Williams made a poor individual as Rock said. Effort was clearly not the issue there. It was a pretty easily defensive concept to understand if you look at the video. The other 2 DB's did their job. Williams did not. Didn't trust his instincts and failed. His effort was fine. So was Crawley. Not sure what he's supposed to do if his teammates tackle him instead of Diggs.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His timing was just off as well. Seems like he wanted to take Diggs leg out. Probably didn't want to hit him high and get called for a personal foul penalty
All he had to do was break down and form tackle him back to the field. Poor situational awareness, kid's trying to break up the pass when the Saints win if Diggs catches the ball and gets held up in bounds.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All he had to do was break down and form tackle him back to the field. Poor situational awareness, kid's trying to break up the pass when the Saints win if Diggs catches the ball and gets held up in bounds.

Yep I agree. I think everyone agrees there but to blame the defense and effort is just bullshit. The defense was fine and so was the effort. Kid made a poor play and also took out his teammate out of the play who may have caught Diggs before he got to the endzone

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What effort are you talking about? Crawley covered his WR perfectly well. Williams made a poor individual as Rock said. Effort was clearly not the issue there. It was a pretty easily defensive concept to understand if you look at the video. The other 2 DB's did their job. Williams did not. Didn't trust his instincts and failed. His effort was fine. So was Crawley. Not sure what he's supposed to do if his teammates tackle him instead of Diggs.
No question Williams was the crux of the problem. He effectively cemented the victory for the Vikings.

Maybe effort was the wrong term. I think awareness might be more appropriate. And maybe it's the magnitude of the play, but for some reason it screams apathy to me.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Diggs who thought he was so cool

He should buy Williams a gold Rolex.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he owed money to some bad people and was taking out his own guy so Diggs could score.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question Williams was the crux of the problem. He effectively cemented the victory for the Vikings.

Maybe effort was the wrong term. I think awareness might be more appropriate. And maybe it's the magnitude of the play, but for some reason it screams apathy to me.

Yeah I would agree on the "head up and wrap" then this isn't a topic and the Saints are in Philly next week.
As a whole Saints defense did hold their own until the offense got on track, it's tough for that Saints team since they have some free agents and the future is uncertain....Got a feeling though next time we see that young man he makes a point to wrap up and drive the WR back....