• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EVery MLB team was a winner today

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Heimlich, the Oregon State pitcher with first round stuff went undrafted again this year, and now he's out of eligibility at Oregon State.

I don't know if anyone remembers the story, but this is the guy that was convicted of molesting his 6 year old niece.

I'm a guy that is willing to forgive a lot of things, but something like that is unforgivable in my eyes.

I'm far from being the poster child for high moral character, but I'm glad that morality won out here.

Any team that would have drafted him would have put their fan base and other members of the team in an awkward spot.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was worried to death the Braves would draft this dude.

There's just no way I could ever pull for him.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vaguely remember this story. I can see him getting picked up in one of the indie leagues

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Heimlich, the Oregon State pitcher with first round stuff went undrafted again this year, and now he's out of eligibility at Oregon State.

I don't know if anyone remembers the story, but this is the guy that was convicted of molesting his 6 year old niece.

I'm a guy that is willing to forgive a lot of things, but something like that is unforgivable in my eyes.

I'm far from being the poster child for high moral character, but I'm glad that morality won out here.

Any team that would have drafted him would have put their fan base and other members of the team in an awkward spot.
I’m glad nobody is giving him a look either. He’s a bad person.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m glad nobody is giving him a look either. He’s a bad person.

I don't think many fans anywhere would embrace him, or teammates would like him, and he's a distraction that an A ball team certainly doesn't need.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly doubt he did anything to his niece.

It's not rare for minors to plead guilty in cases like this in order to keep their young relatives off the stand. When offered a plea deal such as his.

That said, he plead guilty, did his requirements and time. And he will never Pursue his dreams because he willingly chose to avoid trial and defend himself. I don't feel sorry for him.

Somewhat shocked that all teams chose to keep him out of their system despite his clearly elite talent and skill. Not sure it would happen in any sport aside from baseball. Where families make up a good portion of attendance and fans.

I hope he and his family find peace. Somehow.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not rare for minors to plead guilty in cases like this in order to keep their young relatives off the stand. When offered a plea deal such as his

The thing is, that is exactly what he said that he did.

Most people saw that as a copout and skirting responsibility for his actions. That's an even bigger reason that he went Undrafted. He pleaded out and turned around and said he didn't do it. So yesterday he was lying, today he's telling the truth?

If he had left well enough alone and kept his head down, there is small a chance he gets drafted (I'd hope my team wouldn't do it). As it is, he brought it all back to the spotlight and said he bares no responsibility. Organizations aren't going to want to deal with that no matter how talented he is.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, that is exactly what he said that he did.

Most people saw that as a copout and skirting responsibility for his actions. That's an even bigger reason that he went Undrafted. He pleaded out and turned around and said he didn't do it. So yesterday he was lying, today he's telling the truth?

If he had left well enough alone and kept his head down, there is small a chance he gets drafted (I'd hope my team wouldn't do it). As it is, he brought it all back to the spotlight and said he bares no responsibility. Organizations aren't going to want to deal with that no matter how talented he is.
I said I don't feel sorry for him.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
highhorse.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you did preface it by saying he can't "pursue his dreams" and "I hope he and his family find peace". That seems like you feel at least a little bit bad.
It's his niece.

That kind of thing will rip a family apart. I don't wish that on anyone.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's his niece.

That kind of thing will rip a family apart. I don't wish that on anyone.

Yes, I get that. But that is almost impossible. If he did it, the entire half of the family will shun him. If he didn't do it, his half of the family will protect him. That is undeniably broken forever.

I'd never, ever plead out to something that I didn't do, especially something like that. Even at 15, I'd say to everyone that could hear: "I DIDN'T DO IT!"

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I get that. But that is almost impossible. If he did it, the entire half of the family will shun him. If he didn't do it, his half of the family will protect him. That is undeniably broken forever.

I'd never, ever plead out to something that I didn't do, especially something like that. Even at 15, I'd say to everyone that could hear: "I DIDN'T DO IT!"

If it's something like shoplifting or assault, I could see pleading guilty. Something like that won't haunt you forever.

But for those accusations, I'd never agree to plea guilty if I were innocent. Just having to register as a sex offender disqualifies him from most jobs, and that's a label that will never go away.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not rare for minors to plead guilty in cases like this in order to keep their young relatives off the stand. When offered a plea deal such as his.

That said, he plead guilty, did his requirements and time. And he will never Pursue his dreams because he willingly chose to avoid trial and defend himself. I don't feel sorry for him.

Somewhat shocked that all teams chose to keep him out of their system despite his clearly elite talent and skill. Not sure it would happen in any sport aside from baseball. Where families make up a good portion of attendance and fans.

I hope he and his family find peace. Somehow.

Baseball has and has always had guys of questionable morals like any other sport. I don't think any sport other than indy MMA promotions would sign a guy the pleaded guilty to molesting a child.

Only reason I say indy MMA promotions is Pat Smith was still fighting and getting his brains beat in on the indy circuit as of a few years ago, and he is a pedo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball has and has always had guys of questionable morals like any other sport. I don't think any sport other than indy MMA promotions would sign a guy the pleaded guilty to molesting a child.

Only reason I say indy MMA promotions is Pat Smith was still fighting and getting his brains beat in on the indy circuit as of a few years ago, and he is a pedo.
I'm about certain the NFL would.

One of the very best at what he does, at a premium position.... his stock might fall. But he would t go undeadted.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's something like shoplifting or assault, I could see pleading guilty. Something like that won't haunt you forever.

But for those accusations, I'd never agree to plea guilty if I were innocent. Just having to register as a sex offender disqualifies him from most jobs, and that's a label that will never go away.
It already did go away for him.

Just not court of public opinion.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about certain the NFL would.

One of the very best at what he does, at a premium position.... his stock might fall. But he would t go undeadted.

Maybe you're right. I don't recall a situation like this for an NFL prospect though. But I could see it happening. An NFL team is better equipped to handle it.