• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ever see a player switch shooting hands in the offseason?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At IU's equivalent of midnight madness I noticed our sophomore shooting guard Stanford Robinson switched from a left handed jump shot to right handed. His jump shot was terrible last year but that's a helluva change. He seemed as improved as you'd expect him to be with an offseason under his belt, but when the shot clock was running down he threw up a left handed shot not thinking, so I'm not sold on it working out.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's ambidextrous, obviously, but this is a little late to be switching. I switched from lefty to righty in 6th grade (I'm a little stronger with the left so I had to shoot that way until I was a little bigger). I improved a LOT once I made that switch, but to think he does this after his frosh year is sort of mind boggling

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Tristan Thompson did in the pros

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Britt switched shooting hands this offseason. But, he's ambidextrous and grew up shooting with both hands and plays other sports right handed.

But, it's a bizarre change for anyone to be making at this point in their career. But I'm guessing that, similar to Britt, switching hands isn't going to make him any worse.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Britt switched shooting hands this offseason. But, he's ambidextrous and grew up shooting with both hands and plays other sports right handed.

But, it's a bizarre change for anyone to be making at this point in their career. But I'm guessing that, similar to Britt, switching hands isn't going to make him any worse.

That's the truth. :lol: