• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Evaluate your team

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I wouldn't worry too much about the Broncos this season as like you said they are in a pretty weak division so they should win then once playoffs role around everybody has a bulls eye on their back. Then it is anybody's game."

Now that is something we both can agree with wholeheartedly:agree:.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo Bills

QB- Too early to tell if EJ or Tuel will be any good but they did show a lot of promise and looked really in good in practice and in the preseason.

HB- I think we have one of the best combination of RB in the league what Spiller doesnt do well Jackson excels at. Choice is below avg back up but we brought in a few undrafted guys that show some promise.

WR- I think our WR group could be the best in the league in about 3 years. they have more potential then anyone else. Stevie is Stevie. Woods was considered the most pro ready WR and has shown in in Camp. Goodwin creates with his speed same with Graham. Da'Rick Rodgers has first round talent but because of off the field issues dropped out of the draft. And Easley finally after two years is starting to look like he is healthy and can be productive.

TE- nothing to write home about they are all pretty average.

OLine- Have some young talent I think Wood is close to being one of the better centers in the league. Glenn looks to be a good LT might make his mark as a guard though. But Pears and Ubrik are pretty replaceable.

DLine- can be one of the best but just have to bring everything together.

LB- still pretty bad. Kiko might be good and Hughes has some potential as a pass rusher but beyond that there is no one that I would say I got to have on my team.

secondary- Outside of Gilmore and Byrd lacks talent some of the undrafted guys have shown promise but easily the worst group of players on our team.

ST- again looks good if there is one thing Bills have been pretty consistent about its having good special teams.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very hard to evaluate the team after the 1st preseason game. That 1st game is more of an Individual game than a team game. That said Depth is one thing that can be Evaluated.

The Bucs are in trouble if they have injuries. Fact is no more than 4 teams can say they have better Starters than the Bucs. Problem is the Bucs cannot say they have more Depth than 30 teams.

With Nicks career likely over, Joseph has to be Healthy, HAS TO. Now Nicks will play this year, but he will have a LifeTime Toe Problem, he will play every game in pain and he is 350 pounds. I expect 6 games and then him to retire.

QB - I like Glennon more now than before, one thing that always worries me about QBs is where there Eyes are when they are Rushed, His are down field. When he gets more Experience and knows how to use his lanky frame, he should be a decent QB.

RB - Brian Leonard is a perfect back up to Martin. One area we can sustain an Injury and not be decimated.

WR - Strong Top 3 in Jackson, Williams and Ogletree. Young, Talented, Inexperienced players behind them. Underwood gives them 4 Legit WRs.

TE - I Like Crabtree but he is now our Starter. Not Good.

T - Strong Unit. Penn and Dotson are the clear Starters. Carimi has been excellent in camp and is Healthy. Its funny we have 2 Undrafted Free Agent Tackles Starting and a 1st round Back up. If Penn goes down, Dotson to LT and Carimi to RT. Very Strong.

G - Either its will be a Huge Strength or a Catastrophic Weakness. A Healthy Nicks and Joseph makes this the best G Combo in NFL. If either cannot come back, worst G Combo in NFL.

C - All our Backups, except Carimi can play Center. Not great Talent in the depth, but good depth.

DE - Means and Teo are good back ups, Morgan can also be a value.

DT - Not much depth. Gibson and Landri are decent but if they have to start then its major trouble. They are NOT starters and we have no one to replace them as back ups.

OLB - Strong and Deep. David is a Super Star and we have 4 Quality starters.

CB - What a Difference a Year makes. Even if Revis never plays, this unit is much better and deeper. Gorrer and Johnson have improved and are not starting. Banks looks good. And we have had UFA looking great.

S - Deep. Ahmad Black, Cody Crimm, and Keith Tandy are all quality backups that can start and play well, as well as great ST players.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rapport on the Jets

3) This defense could stand out: For the most part, the microscope has been turned on the Jets' offense, with many of the headlines being devoted to the Sanchez vs. Smith battle and Holmes' rehab. Meanwhile, the defense has quietly morphed into a unit that could be pretty nasty this season. Don't believe me? Ask the new defensive coordinator. "It can be very good," Dennis Thurman told me. "We have to nail down the most minute of details within the structure of the team (and) within our play calls, but the talent is there. I think we're more athletic this year; we're faster." The Jets could have seven new starters on defense, including first-round draft picks Dee Milliner and Sheldon Richardson -- young and fast and salty. When Ryan says, "We're trying to play to a certain temperament," he means it. It's worth mentioning that a few stalwarts have also opened some eyes. Calvin Pace seems young again. And middle linebacker David Harris "is probably playing better now than at any point since we've been here," Thurman told me. "He just looks like he's in better condition." Safe to say, the expectations for the unit are high. Whoever the quarterback is and however much the offense struggles, can the defense simply keep the Jets competitive? One must hope.

5) Where is the circus? There was no tent set up in Cortland. No clowns, either. No Tim Tebow running shirtless in the rain -- shoot, even the rain was missing when I was there. Even with the uncertainty under center and the prolonged absence of one of the team's most talented players, this Jets camp has been notably quieter than past editions. No "Hard Knocks" or holdouts, no media throngs around backups giving two press conferences per week. And everyone in the organization seems a little happier. Even a near-controversy on Monday -- Joe McKnight tweeting wacky things at a fan he thought was a reporter -- evaporated by mid-afternoon, drawing a collective "eh" and a shrug. Credit general manager John Idzik, whose buttoned-up and business-like approach has short-circuited the kind of chatter than can overwhelm a franchise. Some credit also goes to Ryan, who still practices the art of wisecracking, but in more moderate and less bombastic tones than he had in the past. Maybe everyone in the Jets' ecosystem -- from team personnel to reporters and certainly players -- has tired of hysteria. Maybe folks in the organization have realized things didn't have to be that way. Regardless, the tone has become much more professional. And when adversity comes -- as it always does -- the team should be better equipped to handle it.

‏@JasonLaCanfora 5h
sorry, meant to tweet hard NOT to be impressed with Jets DL. Mo Wilkerson on the cusp of a monster season I believe. Writing column on him

A lot of people are impressed with the Jets DL. Best group we have had in some time.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am smoking a cigar and having a glass of Jack Daniels (I think it is infused with honey, it tastes like that but I didn't buy it).

I came back from vacation yesterday and this is about as enthusiastic as I can get at the moment

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am smoking a cigar and having a glass of Jack Daniels (I think it is infused with honey, it tastes like that but I didn't buy it).

I came back from vacation yesterday and this is about as enthusiastic as I can get at the moment

Don't forget to claim your T-shirt! :lol:

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defensive staff believes there are more sacks to be had by Wilkerson, and the combination of scheme and talent around him should help. Sheldon Richardson, 22, the Jets first 2013 first-round pick, looks like he could be a transcendent player as well, already, perhaps a Geno Atkins in the making. So imagine Seymour and Atkins in their prime in their mid-20s, playing side-by-side, and then factor in that nose tackle Kenrick Ellis, 25, wedged between them, a 365-pound anchor Ryan is very high on, and you can see the potential for greatness.

Can't wait.

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict the following:

The jets defense is going to be pretty good this year; they were somewhat over rated last year and the decent numbers were more a product of the abysmal offenses they played during the last part of the season rather than anything else.

The best case scenario for this year for them is between 3-6 wins,

Sanchez will be a back up for some other team next year and be out of the league within 2 years.

Rex will be gone and will never get an opportunity to be a head coach in the nfl again.

And the jets could possibly be competitive next year if geno is developed correctly and they get a decent head coach; and that is about a year sooner than I thought possible

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the Cowboys starters the only real question marks are at the guard positions. If they can be serviceable it'll go a long way toward them succeeding.

At the end of the day though the Cowboys depth will be their downfall. The starters, position by position, are up there with just about anybody in the league but they thin out pretty quickly after that.

The cap penalty certainly hurts them in this regard. That $5 million could be 2 quality players.

There isn't a ton of stability in the NFC East, so it's not that crazy to think they could take the division but health/depth will make that difficult.

Guard, LT and Safety, thin at DT, lots of top talent otherwise

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan is a good coach. The GM work on that team has been a joke and he has had less than no one to work with. He will get another job and if he picks better he will be successful.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan is a good coach. The GM work on that team has been a joke and he has had less than no one to work with. He will get another job and if he picks better he will be successful.

Do you and I actually see eye to eye on any one subject? :lol: