• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ET won't show up to mnadatory camp

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmmm
Someone called this.
Then that someone was called a troll.
Then some 12s said it wasn't a story with him missing voluntary work outs but would be if he misses mandatory camp because he doesn't have any leverage...
Then some of those same 12s told us how good of an off-season they had and how they are stronger now then last season.

What say those 12s now?

We know nothing to see, move along. The Seattle spin zone.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood how holding out works in the favor of the player? It is apparent that money is more important to him than his teammates. Wouldnt you think that being at every camp and OTA showing your face around the team and being a strong leader and being a positive impactful role model be the ammo in getting the contract that he wants? The facts are is that he is a 30 year old safety that has undergone 2 major injuries one in the shoulder and one broken leg.

I dont see how holding out and going into free agency looking to be the highest paid safety in the league and I dont see how Dallas will shell out that kind of money for him as much as he wants to be there. Regardless I dont see Kam Chancellor coming back from injury and with Sherman gone, Bennett gone this will mark the end of all the loud personalities that are still hurt over the superbowl loss to the patriots

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas for Le'Veon Bell straight up.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks aren't relevant.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh whatever. It'd be the same as Tom Brady skipping mandatory camp... who cares?

Thomas still gives Seattle a chance to compete. He and Wagner are arguably best at the position and dominate defensively. I'm sure Thomas will leave after this season which sucks and some people would say, "Seattle should've traded for picks!" but anyone who has a brain and noticed how abysmal the NFL market was for safeties this year would say Seattle would've gotten pennies on the dollar. Better to have him stick around and help the younger guys by simply... playing.

I'm more interested to see what Seattle's O-Line, Penny, and some new faces on the D-Line (Jordan - if he can get healthy/Green) will do.

To be clear... I was fine trading Thomas RIGHT after post season... but once I saw the pathetic market for safeties and a TON of free agent options, forget it. Better to keep him. Seattle would've gotten a 3rd MAX (position, 1 year left, $10M+, coming off major injury, approaching 30). Not worth it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks aren't relevant.

Wouldn't say that... Seattle can easily compete for a wild card and the division (with Wilson), and that does not translate to irrelevant. Playoffs are playoffs. If it was a 7 game series I'd prob. agree, it's not. Any given Sunday.

Fairly ignorant post on your part.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmmm
Someone called this.
Then that someone was called a troll.
Then some 12s said it wasn't a story with him missing voluntary work outs but would be if he misses mandatory camp because he doesn't have any leverage...
Then some of those same 12s told us how good of an off-season they had and how they are stronger now then last season.

What say those 12s now?

We know nothing to see, move along. The Seattle spin zone.

I wouldn't call Seattle stronger than last season (at least going in - where Seattle was supposed to take the division)... definitely weaknesses coming in. What I've heard from MOST Seattle fans is that this is a semi rebuild this year with heavy focus on getting Wilson some protection (Dickson, best blocking TE in draft, firing Cable, new offensive coordinator, Penny - run game). If Seattle wins the division (or gets in the playoffs at all) it's icing on the cake.

Not sure what Seattle fans you've been talking to, but please feel free to call them out here.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't say that... Seattle can easily compete for a wild card and the division (with Wilson), and that does not translate to irrelevant. Playoffs are playoffs. If it was a 7 game series I'd prob. agree, it's not. Any given Sunday.

Fairly ignorant post on your part.
More relevant when they went 7-9.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he didn't get suspended for taking PEDs. That would be a MUCH bigger problem.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh whatever. It'd be the same as Tom Brady skipping mandatory camp... who cares?

Thomas still gives Seattle a chance to compete. He and Wagner are arguably best at the position and dominate defensively. I'm sure Thomas will leave after this season which sucks and some people would say, "Seattle should've traded for picks!" but anyone who has a brain and noticed how abysmal the NFL market was for safeties this year would say Seattle would've gotten pennies on the dollar. Better to have him stick around and help the younger guys by simply... playing.

I'm more interested to see what Seattle's O-Line, Penny, and some new faces on the D-Line (Jordan - if he can get healthy/Green) will do.

To be clear... I was fine trading Thomas RIGHT after post season... but once I saw the pathetic market for safeties and a TON of free agent options, forget it. Better to keep him. Seattle would've gotten a 3rd MAX (position, 1 year left, $10M+, coming off major injury, approaching 30). Not worth it.
Silver lining is he should be healthy and fresh when real games happen.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DR3nW31W0AA11pI.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl Thomas for Le'Veon Bell straight up.

Wow, that would be tempting ... Pitt’s defense instantly improves, Seattle get’s an improved running game ... I’m really interested to see how this young man Penny play’s for us, Carson and Penny might be a good 1-2 combo .... Bell is a stud though, proven stud ...