• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Top 100 Players

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lazy reporting? ITS A STAT! LOL

ill direct you to my quote about advanced metrics from the last page:

o i totally agree- it is not near a perfect stat---- just about ALL the basketball advanced stats have drawbacks and holes in them and are subject to debate---- these stats are created by people a lot smarter than you or me trying to encapsulate performance.

I think they are helpful- but they are definitely open to debate--- however--- when one of those stats consistently says something, year after year, there probably has to be some kind of logical reasoning behind it.

What makes you think they are smarter about basketball?

Because they are in the news industry?

Education?

They spend more time to the sport?

Most of the Lakers fans I have known have always considered ESPN's rankings to be ignorant and biased. It's not their rankings that is up to debate, it's their credibility

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think they are smarter about basketball? YES

Because they are in the news industry? YES

Education? YES

They spend more time to the sport? YES

Most of the Lakers fans I have known have always considered ESPN's rankings to be ignorant and biased. It's not their rankings that is up to debate, it's their credibility

yah - generally id rather trust a pro than an amatuer. generally.

im usually not looking for an amatauer doctor who reads medical journals in their spare time to do surgery on me. I am not looking for a guy who builds tables in his back yard in his spare time to build my house for me.

being around the game constantly, at hte games, in the cities, talking to the gms, talking to the agents, talking to the players easily gives you insight that people like me and you could NEVER HAVE.

there is only so much you can do watching a game from 5th row or watching it on your TV or reading articles.

someone that supports their family by going to the games, talking to the agents, talking to the gms talking to the coaches, talking to fans, traveling with the team at times, etc. etc. etc. is of course going to have insight from access that me and yo usimply dont have

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im usually not looking for an amatauer doctor who reads medical journals in their spare time to do surgery on me. I am not looking for a guy who builds tables in his back yard in his spare time to build my house for me.

being around the game constantly, at hte games, in the cities, talking to the gms, talking to the agents, talking to the players easily gives you insight that people like me and you could NEVER HAVE.

there is only so much you can do watching a game from 5th row or watching it on your TV or reading articles.

someone that supports their family by going to the games, talking to the agents, talking to the gms talking to the coaches, talking to fans, traveling with the team at times, etc. etc. etc. is of course going to have insight from access that me and yo usimply dont have
Rankings on ESPN have always been garbage and meaningless. They have never been right

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Unless I need to use the list against Whiteside"-- Wiggly