• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN to do 30-for-30 on 94-95 Huskers

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many times people have gotten together and thrown parties to see a 30-for-30 documentary....

We will treat this like it's the Super Bowl.

Just like the SB and any other major game, I look back on it pissed off that I had to hear 5 million opinions on every little thing that was going on when all I wanted to do was just watch the damn game.

And then you have people who don't even CARE about the game who are just there to be loud and drunk. OR even worse, you have some uninformed asshole rooting for the other team because he thinks it's funny to see all of us look at him like we're gonna jump him if he doesn't shut up.

If it's Nebraska FAU, sure, bring the whole crew over and we'll talk and bullshit the whole game. If it's a big game just give me a drink, somethin' to snack on and a comfy seat in front of a flatscreen with ONE or TWO friends and I'm good.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the SB and any other major game, I look back on it pissed off that I had to hear 5 million opinions on every little thing that was going on when all I wanted to do was just watch the damn game.

And then you have people who don't even CARE about the game who are just there to be loud and drunk. OR even worse, you have some uninformed asshole rooting for the other team because he thinks it's funny to see all of us look at him like we're gonna jump him if he doesn't shut up.

If it's Nebraska FAU, sure, bring the whole crew over and we'll talk and bullshit the whole game. If it's a big game just give me a drink, somethin' to snack on and a comfy seat in front of a flatscreen with ONE or TWO friends and I'm good.

sorry..ill be quieter next time

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's gonna be "crime, LP, Peter brothers, more crime, cover up, oh, and they won some games."

Really scared of that. LOL

Not because it's a true reflection of those teams, but it's the exact opposite.

That team had better character than a majority of championship teams I can remember even within the last 5 years.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen to the Jason Peter interview on the 1620 afternoon show yesterday. He went into Christian's part a bit, and it sounds like we might get more of his side of the story. They had a nondisclosure agreement, but the woman in the situation hasn't exactly held up her end of the bargain, so apparently he spoke pretty candidly about the situation for the documentary.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About freaking time

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ESPiN so while they tried to put a positive spin on the '80s thug-laden 'Canes they'll probably try to diminish and tarnish our Huskers. I'll watch it, but ESPN can still go fuck itself.

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
WOWT 6 Sports Director Ross Jernstrom interviewed Eric Drath.

Ross: There are positives and negatives with Nebraska's championship years. Do Husker fans have to keep it perspective?

Drath: “All stories have good and bad and that’s what makes a good story. This is not going to be an indictment of Nebraska or Nebraska football and its also not going to portray this wonderful season of victories without some of the things that happened off the field. So, you know, I worked at Fox and I learnedicon1.png to be fair and objective and I am just going to lay it out and get out of the way. It’s such a good story and I am going to let it tell itself. I really do not want to have my opinion in it.”

"30 for 30" Director on Husker football film

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1

No word on the expected date to premiere though... :pout:

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Mike'l on 590 today. When he hell did that happen? I'll take him over Bahe any day.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No word on the expected date to premiere though... :pout:

Well if there's a delay because they want to get it right, then I'll take that over something rushed and sloppy.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the 30's have been done really well from what I've seen. Well as in not dwelling on the negative spin. I'd spect ours to do just the same. Will be like a time warp and see how much I don't remember, thanks drinking!

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Mike'l on 590 today. When he hell did that happen? I'll take him over Bahe any day.

Meh. Nothing against Mike'l but I liked having Rusillo and Kanell on at the same time as Bahe. I could flip back and forth between a national show and Bahe's local show where he focuses on more local topics.

Now we basically have 7 straight hours from 11-6 of two local radio shows. Rusillo and Kanell and least gave me options.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Nothing against Mike'l but I liked having Rusillo and Kanell on at the same time as Bahe. I could flip back and forth between a national show and Bahe's local show where he focuses on more local topics.

Now we basically have 7 straight hours from 11-6 of two local radio shows. Rusillo and Kanell and least gave me options.
Except that Bahe is a huge troll...king of hot takes that have very little basis in reality.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that Bahe is a huge troll...king of hot takes that have very little basis in reality.

That's fine, but give me just 1 local show over lunch. I don't care which one. Give me back a national show so I don't have to settle for Rome as my only other option.