• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Sources: LeBron James could meet with Golden State Warriors during free-agency

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League would have no grounds to do so, just like when Durant signed with Golden State. If they can open up enough cap room to entice Lebron, he can sign there if he wants. They just need to dump all of their free agents, plus Iggy, Livingston and one of Klay/Draymond.

Lakers will take Klay off their hands to help them along. :suds:
No grounds? They can do whatever they want.

LUNCHBOX

LOGIC
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeebus you people. Some dope throws out some stupid shit and we spend all day talking about it. Lamelo Ball has a better chance of playing for the Warriors next year as LeBron.
The rich get richer? JK

LUNCHBOX

LOGIC
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League would have no grounds to do so, just like when Durant signed with Golden State. If they can open up enough cap room to entice Lebron, he can sign there if he wants. They just need to dump all of their free agents, plus Iggy, Livingston and one of Klay/Draymond.

I sure this has already been brought up....but part of what makes the Dubs so special is floor spacing , ball movement and great shooting ....Lebron > than Klay in a vacume, but not for the warriors or this team, wher Klay > Lequeen....

I do have to say I would love Leleave putting on his GM hat and destroying the Dubs dynasty...lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know alotta people are really into golf. I just never got into playing the game.

Tried golf once. I could hit the ball a long damn way. Problem is, no one could see where it went. Had 2 friends, who are golfers, with me and they couldn't see where it went either. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No grounds? They can do whatever they want.

I don't think they can just stop any trade. The reason they were able to stop the CP3 to the Lakers trade was because of the unique circumstance of the league having taken control of the Hornets.

Even then, the league has taken a lot of criticism for it.

If the Warriors were to clear the space/Lebron was willing to take less, I'm not sure what the league could do about it.

Last edited:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear ESPN,

April Fool's Day is on April 1. Not February 1.

Although, as I said on another thread, I would laugh my fucking ass off at all the LeBron fans who shit on Durant for jumping to the Warriors if their "King" did the same thing.

I know, it's just a pipe dream but....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are definitely some NBA players who would be very good at soccer.

i

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried golf once. I could hit the ball a long damn way. Problem is, no one could see where it went. Had 2 friends, who are golfers, with me and they couldn't see where it went either. lol

My attempt at golf is kind of like that except that the ball went sorta sideways.

So, I decided maybe it was safer for everyone involved if I just watched.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KD would have to take a paycut too I think.

I'd say it's a slim chance of this happening, but its out there.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My attempt at golf is kind of like that except that the ball went sorta sideways.

So, I decided maybe it was safer for everyone involved if I just watched.

lol That's what was happening to mine. Ball was flying all over the place and no one could track it.

We had no idea if I was putting anyone in danger or not.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MJ

If DGreen weren't suspended, he would have never beat the Dubs. MJ would have won 8 straight if he hadn't taken a couple of years off. LBJ has already moved around to win a title. He went to Miami to pair with Wade and Bosh, and one of his titles was a result of a colossal choke job by the Mavs. When he went back to the Cavs, he had Irving and Love. He's been the defacto GM everywhere he's gone, and now he's looking to join the Dubs because he knows they will run the Cavs again...if he makes the Finals
Jordan didn’t win 8 titles, he won 6. We can play the if game all day. We can say Jordan would’ve won 10 titles if he stayed on another two years with Chicago. It’s holds no water in any argument because it didn’t happen.

And yes, Lebron did run to Miami to have a HOF worthy team mate and a really good third guy. He then went back to Cleveland to a very similar situation. Jordan won with a HOF worthy team mate and a really good third guy. The only difference here is Lebron had to leave Cleveland to get on a good enough team because Cleveland sucked and Jordan stuck around long enough for the GM to put the pieces around him. The fact Lebron left a sinking ship twice, shouldn’t disqualify him from the best player ever discussion. He had to leave Cleveland to get a team that was comparable to the 90s bulls.

Listen, I love the bulls. Jordan is my favorite player ever, and I call him the GOAT right now. However, I don’t get upset if people say that about Lebron because it’s almost like comparing apples to oranges. They had different roles, but they played them the best. Comparing them directly is impossible. Jordan was a scorer and a down right killer. He could carry the Bulls scoring wise for entire games. Lebron has the ability to score, but he’s not quite a killer like Jordan. However, Lebron is an incredible facilitator and can do some things physically that Jordan just couldn’t do (Most notably just bull over any defender smaller than him).

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: LeBron James won’t take discount from max salary

The link above is just speculation from late last year but probably relatively accurate. I don't have the link, but I recall him saying something similar last offseason.

I agree with you that perhaps James could sign for less - but no way is he going to sign for significantly less. This is not about $$ but rather about ego. He wants to be paid like "the man". Ego may also be another reason why he wouldn't sign with a team like the Warriors since this will be viewed as the easy way out (like w/ Durant only worse).

No way in hell that this ever takes place.
I don’t think Lebron cares about taking the easy way out. He plays for Cleveland. Cleveland has done nothing worthwhile to help Lebron. I think Lebron makes demands in Cleveland because the Cleveland GM is just a stupid piece of shit. We heard his comments on the Blake Griffin trade where players get lambasted for leaving, but when an organization does shitty things, nobody cares. That was a shitty move from the Clippers, but nobody talks about it. However, when a player leaves, they are traitorous garbage. It’s a business. If you have a shitty business, you’re going to lose talented employees. If you’re a booming business, you’re going to attract better talent. Why does t matter if your job is playing basketball? You’d take a job you thought was better and that put you in a better position to succeed, right? Why is it any different for sports stars? If you pledge your loyalty to a business, then you’re an idiot.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Lebron cares about taking the easy way out. He plays for Cleveland. Cleveland has done nothing worthwhile to help Lebron. I think Lebron makes demands in Cleveland because the Cleveland GM is just a stupid piece of shit. We heard his comments on the Blake Griffin trade where players get lambasted for leaving, but when an organization does shitty things, nobody cares. That was a shitty move from the Clippers, but nobody talks about it. However, when a player leaves, they are traitorous garbage. It’s a business. If you have a shitty business, you’re going to lose talented employees. If you’re a booming business, you’re going to attract better talent. Why does t matter if your job is playing basketball? You’d take a job you thought was better and that put you in a better position to succeed, right? Why is it any different for sports stars? If you pledge your loyalty to a business, then you’re an idiot.
Because fans get emotionally invested with their teams, so a star leaving isn't just some employee leaving for another job. It's like your girlfriend dumping you. As many butthurt Thunder fans still demonstrate talking about KD.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Lebron signing elsewhere for less than the max. When has he said he would only sign for the max?

When he left Miami he said he wasn't taking less than the max again. It's part of why he's been doing 2 year deals with a player option after 1.

It's actually pretty smart, imo. It forces the Cavs to keep him happy and ensures that he gets a raise every time the cap increases.

On the other hand, maybe that's specific to Cleveland because he doesn't like Gilbert. So maybe he takes less or a longer deal with someone else? Especially if he thinks he can get another ring.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: LeBron James won’t take discount from max salary

The link above is just speculation from late last year but probably relatively accurate. I don't have the link, but I recall him saying something similar last offseason.

I agree with you that perhaps James could sign for less - but no way is he going to sign for significantly less. This is not about $$ but rather about ego. He wants to be paid like "the man". Ego may also be another reason why he wouldn't sign with a team like the Warriors since this will be viewed as the easy way out (like w/ Durant only worse).

No way in hell that this ever takes place.

My guess is the not taking less only applied to Gilbert.
I think if his next move, which would be his last move, is about winning rings, he would be flexible.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because fans get emotionally invested with their teams, so a star leaving isn't just some employee leaving for another job. It's like your girlfriend dumping you. As many butthurt Thunder fans still demonstrate talking about KD.
I haven't been emotionally invested in my team because they've sucked the past four seasons.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking pathetic. But what else would we expect from LePretender?? It will probably happen sadly. These nut-less "superstars" today. They'll make the NBA look like the Globetrotters against the Generals ever night.

Durant/Lebron have showed they don't want to EARN their 'ships so no surprise

Last edited:

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even for clickbait, this will be the most LeBron-thing ever.