• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN rates all 32 NFL playcallers

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playcallers for all 32 teams and where their offenses rank

They have Bevell at 12th (like really? Did they do that just because it's a 12 thing?)

Bevell has been calling plays for the Seahawks since he was hired as the offensive coordinator in 2011, bringing to Seattle the experience from doing so in the same role for Minnesota from 2006 to 2010. Bevell is an indirect disciple of Mike Holmgren, having worked under Mike Sherman in Green Bay and Brad Childress in Minnesota. Bevell couldn't win with Seahawks fans even before Seattle's epic goal-line flub at the end of Super Bowl XLIX, but he has been much better than his harshest critics would suggest. Those continually calling for his job don't seem to realize that three of the five highest-scoring seasons in franchise history -- 2012, 2013 and 2015 -- came under his watch. -- Brady Henderson

Too high, too low? Fair points raised?

We all know the offense is a hot mess and there is plenty of blame to go around for all of the reasons why. Lynch is long gone, the line can't ever seem to get its collective shit together, lack of consistent big play out of any receiver not named Baldwin, nothing but hot garbage from the running game, Wilson having some bad games here and there, etc..

To me rankings like this are highly subjective. Play callers get too much credit sometimes and too much blame at others.

I have no issues with putting him down around the upper middle part of their ranking. You?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo... Kyle Shanahan is 31st and Steve Sarkisian is 6th? Bull. This list is invalid. They'd have Shanahan top 5 if he was still in Atlanta.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo... Kyle Shanahan is 31st and Steve Sarkisian is 6th? Bull. This list is invalid. They'd have Shanahan top 5 if he was still in Atlanta.
Yeah, those are a few odd ones that stood out and showcase how hard it is to accurately rate just playcallers outside of the stats of the offense in general. Highly subjective.

I did kind of laugh at the Sark one. People were calling for him to be fired a few weeks ago now he's on top of the NFL? :lol:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn? fake news

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is that shit? You can do a better job throwing darts blindly at a dart board. Anybody that has Scott Linehan over Sean McVay needs a ass beating.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read.
It is hard to evaluate that position, OC. For me the bottom line results in tandem with injurer starters say a lot in determining who is good at OC.
I would guess Bevell is somewhere near indicated. With a run game and a decent OL he has looked great. I think Linehan is maybe a touch high but he has done great with Romo/Murray and Prescott/Zeke. McVay is still young but has gotten outstanding results.
Sark's # is a joke. He is mid tier IMO.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bevell has always struggled to score in the redzone and convert 3rd downs, his offense has always been predicated on wilson pulling things out his hooha or trick plays. its never been a sound, concise, logical offense outside of "run first".

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could care less where Bevell ranks. All of these things are pointless, imo. All that matters in sports is who is standing at the end with a trophy.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re not last!!!

Woohooo!

Miami should be though, they’re dreadful.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting read.
It is hard to evaluate that position, OC. For me the bottom line results in tandem with injurer starters say a lot in determining who is good at OC.
I would guess Bevell is somewhere near indicated. With a run game and a decent OL he has looked great. I think Linehan is maybe a touch high but he has done great with Romo/Murray and Prescott/Zeke. McVay is still young but has gotten outstanding results.
Sark's # is a joke. He is mid tier IMO.

Linehan was once the Rams head coach, our offense was nothing special. Now he is gifted good players and he is supposedly good. Even though their offense is worse than last years, why because teams got more film on them. McVay on the other hand took the worst offense and turn them into the best offense in the NFL.

Sark being ranked that high makes the list even more of a joke.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linehan was once the Rams head coach, our offense was nothing special. Now he is gifted good players and he is supposedly good. Even though their offense is worse than last years, why because teams got more film on them. McVay on the other hand took the worst offense and turn them into the best offense in the NFL.

Sark being ranked that high makes the list even more of a joke.
I am aware SL was your HC and he had dismal results. My vision is usually cloudy and I could see how a Ram fan would disapprove him getting any positive reviews.
FWIW I think he is an above average OC but a poor HC. It's all good bro.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking playcallers??? Wow, a new low in "power polls" I would say.

If a play works, we say "Good play call!!"

If it fails, "Bad play call!!"

A totally mindless exercise.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking them by statistical analysis would be fair, this is just typical modern media click bait