• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Preseason Power Rankings

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowling Green returns just about as much as Ohio State does and has a new coach that was in the high school ranks 3 years ago. That game is going to be a massacre. If you would have said Tulsa you might not have sounded so dumb, but you didn't. Also, best case scenario is to be like the 2014 team? Is that a bad thing?
Bo of course it's not and there really is no way they're going to be like 14 imo BUT the point is that even if they do somehow pull off that miracle they are still going to take time to gel and cone together. That's why there is no realistic way the Buckeyes are going to beat Oklahoma. I'm an OSU fan man. I an the one person here who picked them to beat Bama in 14. I'm just trying to be realistic about what you guys are replacing. Even other teams that lost as many other atarters as OSU ( which there aren't many ) didn't actually lose as much because basically EVERY player OSU lost was NFL caliber. Now I know you guys recruit but you cannot expect to replace that wealth of cohesive talent with 16 new guys and A. Have the meshed together right away or B. Expect them to come in right away already playing at the level last year's guys were. It's just not going to happen.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo of course it's not and there really is no way they're going to be like 14 imo BUT the point is that even if they do somehow pull off that miracle they are still going to take time to gel and cone together. That's why there is no realistic way the Buckeyes are going to beat Oklahoma. I'm an OSU fan man. I an the one person here who picked them to beat Bama in 14. I'm just trying to be realistic about what you guys are replacing. Even other teams that lost as many other atarters as OSU ( which there aren't many ) didn't actually lose as much because basically EVERY player OSU lost was NFL caliber. Now I know you guys recruit but you cannot expect to replace that wealth of cohesive talent with 16 new guys and A. Have the meshed together right away or B. Expect them to come in right away already playing at the level last year's guys were. It's just not going to happen.
It will against a BG team that lost it's head coach, QB and best offensive playmakers. They will be lucky to crack 20 against OSU. They simply don't have the horses we do, and it's not even close.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't understand the whole "BG is going to drop 30 on Ohio State" talk from @rmilia1? I'd honestly be shocked if they put up 30 on Ohio State. Ohio State still has a great D-Line even with the personnel losses. BG won't be able handle them, plus they have a new HC and new QB.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good, be interesting to see how these rankings play out throughout the season.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tulsa might drop 30 on tOSU, but I don't think BGSU does... that said, I have no idea what to expect from this buckeye team, even in 14 we didn't replace this many starters...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will against a BG team that lost it's head coach, QB and best offensive playmakers. They will be lucky to crack 20 against OSU. They simply don't have the horses we do, and it's not even close.
We shall see. The guy they've got at AN won them their division in the MAC 2 years ago and they've got enough back on offense to score especially since their D is so bad they'll get a lot if chances lol

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. The guy they've got at AN won them their division in the MAC 2 years ago and they've got enough back on offense to score especially since their D is so bad they'll get a lot if chances lol
Without looking it up, can you honestly name 2 players from their offense?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't understand the whole "BG is going to drop 30 on Ohio State" talk from @rmilia1? I'd honestly be shocked if they put up 30 on Ohio State. Ohio State still has a great D-Line even with the personnel losses. BG won't be able handle them, plus they have a new HC and new QB.
QB isn't really new and the new HC runs a TTU like system. I'm thinking it's going to be like 55-31 type game but even if it's not an avy bet is always fun

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without looking it up, can you honestly name 2 players from their offense?
Fuck no but they dropped 30 on Tennessee and 40+ on Memphis last year. I know their WR Corp is new but the bulk of the rest of the O has experience while OSU is pretty raw. Plus like I said I think they'll have plenty of possessions

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck no but they dropped 30 on Tennessee and 40+ on Memphis last year. I know their WR Corp is new but the bulk of the rest of the O has experience while OSU is pretty raw. Plus like I said I think they'll have plenty of possessions
Their WRs are new, their QB is new, and their head coach is new (as I also believe most of the coaching staff is). Their offense was explosive last year, no doubt. They return almost none of it. Their QB has 20 passes to his name. Their leading rusher is gone. 4 of their top 5 receivers are gone. How are they gonna put up 30 on a defense that has allowed that many points 3 times in the last 2 seasons?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their WRs are new, their QB is new, and their head coach is new (as I also believe most of the coaching staff is). Their offense was explosive last year, no doubt. They return almost none of it. Their QB has 20 passes to his name. Their leading rusher is gone. 4 of their top 5 receivers are gone. How are they gonna put up 30 on a defense that has allowed that many points 3 times in the last 2 seasons?
QB played a lot in 14. Their system is conducive to scoring a lot and frankly it's less about BG and more about how long I think it's going to take OSU to gel. Either way it gives me a reason to watch the game now lol

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB played a lot in 14. Their system is conducive to scoring a lot and frankly it's less about BG and more about how long I think it's going to take OSU to gel. Either way it gives me a reason to watch the game now lol
He did play a good deal in 2014, I didn't realize that. I know their new HC is from Texas Tech, but he was also only the RB coach there. Plus he only has 3 years of CFB experience. Coming into Ohio State and facing an OSU defense with it's top 2 sack leaders, top MLB, a potential 1st rd CB and tons of talent all over the rest of the field won't be easy with as little as BG returns at the skill positions.

At any rate, I hope you enjoy the show. :suds:

Extra wrinkle for our avy bet: final score prediction for an additional week?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god, San Diego State is ranked higher than us. We've hit a new low. God, I need to stay away from sharp odjects today.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analytics of FPI

Breaking down FPI's performance in 2016

Within one win of 33%, either way

Within two wins of 67%, either way

Notable misses Michigan State, Penn State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, Western Michigan, northern illinois, Texas, Oregon, Wisconsin, UCLA, Wyoming, Virginia, Colorado, Rutgers, duke

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Bowling Green was featured in an argument that lasted for several posts and I wasn't in this thread to comment on it

Would have told them folks that the new QB wasn't any good and they hired a running backs coach from a team that throws the ball every play

Which = 4-8

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St. 77
BGSU 10
Final

:rip:

Whoa you have a green admin thing now? What does that even mean?

Also how do I get one? And by how do I get one, I mean how do I get one without doing any actual work but resting on my laurels from my early days on the SportsHoopla?