• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Board Refugees

tmcd65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nah, Ghost takes care of the spammers along with the rest of the mods but he thinks if you want pron you can find it easily enough on the net...no need to post it here.

If you scroll back to the original post, I wasn't attempting to post any or suggesting that any be posted. Someone was discussing the gub'mint computers causing me trouble accessing espn's boards and I mentioned that if I worked for the State Dept. instead of the Army I could download hard drives full of that stuff without worrying about blocks and filters.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that was me...just letting you know that it's not tolerated here and could get you banned quickly. And yes the word is forbidden because of Google but we spell it PRON or P0RN (with a zero).

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33wvu.jpg

tmcd65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah that was me...just letting you know that it's not tolerated here and could get you banned quickly. And yes the word is forbidden because of Google but we spell it PRON or P0RN (with a zero).

Dude, I'm a female and the farthest thing from so inclined.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, hey. Calm down. Wasn't trying to imply anything about your tastes. And forgive me for not knowing your gender. And I'm no longer a dude...too damn old. :D

montani

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hi everybody, good to see you again! Thanks Vegas.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome mounties! Much respect for your program and glad you could make it. Maybe one day we will have the opportunity to play you guys again in what we all call "God's Sport". Had some amazing games in the past.

VT vs WVU '99

Vt-WVU 2003

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aha! Just discovered when poking around in the User CP section that there is an Ignore feature! So if any of the espn trolls DO follow us over here, we'll be able to avoid them!

This board just gets better and better!

it likely wont get to that...trolls are generally not around long enough to cause a problem

tmcd65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
it likely wont get to that...trolls are generally not around long enough to cause a problem

That's heartening to know. There were times when the espn board where most of us hung out became unbearable with the constant trolling of just a few persistent ones. I took breaks for long periods when we were overrun. It tends to get worse in the football off-season when the trolls get bored, I think.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's heartening to know. There were times when the espn board where most of us hung out became unbearable with the constant trolling of just a few persistent ones. I took breaks for long periods when we were overrun. It tends to get worse in the football off-season when the trolls get bored, I think.

yeah there are some that are pretty bad at disney, we get them now and then over here, but they are dealt with pretty quickly.

OPEN

Supreme Commander
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm curious about something....there seem to be a lot of posters commenting here who root for other teams. Other than the aforementioned trolls, the ESPN board got very little traffic from other teams' fans. Are you all seeing new posts somewhere else or are you actually browsing to the WVU section?

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious about something....there seem to be a lot of posters commenting here who root for other teams. Other than the aforementioned trolls, the ESPN board got very little traffic from other teams' fans. Are you all seeing new posts somewhere else or are you actually browsing to the WVU section?

If you go to the SportsHoopla main page, you can see a list of the last posts' that have been made. Not sure if that's what you meant or not.

Also, a lot of the regulars here post on the Sports Forum General Discussion, aka water cooler.

SportsHoopla is overall an active forum, but unless you have a decent amount of fans, the individual team boards can be slow. Nebraska, VT, Flyers, Sharks, SF Giants and 49ers are some of the most active team boards here. But you guys seem to be on the right track to getting this one going!

tmcd65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you go to the SportsHoopla main page, you can see a list of the last posts' that have been made. Not sure if that's what you meant or not.

Also, a lot of the regulars here post on the Sports Forum General Discussion, aka water cooler.

SportsHoopla is overall an active forum, but unless you have a decent amount of fans, the individual team boards can be slow. Nebraska, VT, Flyers, Sharks, SF Giants and 49ers are some of the most active team boards here. But you guys seem to be on the right track to getting this one going!
Yep! If we get enough of the WVU posters to come over here, this will quickly become one of the more active groups on the forum. When I did a comparison among the BE football schools on the old espn forum, we had 408 pages of posting history versus:

Cinci - 151
UConn - 28
UL - 44
sPitt - 48
RU - 13
USF - 14
Syracuse - 35

We're a pretty active (and rabid) group if you get enough of us together.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah just seeing all the new posts, so popping in to say hello and welcome to the boards...find your way on over to the "the water cooler" too and join in the random shooting of the shit

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! If we get enough of the WVU posters to come over here, this will quickly become one of the more active groups on the forum. When I did a comparison among the BE football schools on the old espn forum, we had 408 pages of posting history versus:

Cinci - 151
UConn - 28
UL - 44
sPitt - 48
RU - 13
USF - 14
Syracuse - 35

We're a pretty active (and rabid) group if you get enough of us together.

over on the new board I noticed you guys as a pretty active group.