• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ericd7633's preseason bracketology

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do worry about MSU dealing with the expectations. Izzos young teams are notoriously slow starting and a slow starter can really fuck with your psyche when you're young and coming off a mediocre season . I think they win the B10 but I'm on record saying I don't think it's a run away . Teams 1-9 are much closer than people seem to think .

I don't think this team is particularly young though. There four best players will be sophomores, and they add a 5th year senior and a 6th year senior because they were out due to injury. I think they have a perfect blend of experience and really talented underclassmen. They were too reliant on Freshman last year because of all the injuries, and they only had one OAD talent, so while they had a high over recruiting ranking, only one guy was projected to come in right away to elevate them. I think guys like Winston and Ward make huge strides in year 2 because of experience gained last year.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this team is particularly young though. There four best players will be sophomores, and they add a 5th year senior and a 6th year senior because they were out due to injury. I think they have a perfect blend of experience and really talented underclassmen. They were too reliant on Freshman last year because of all the injuries, and they only had one OAD talent, so while they had a high over recruiting ranking, only one guy was projected to come in right away to elevate them. I think guys like Winston and Ward make huge strides in year 2 because of experience gained last year.
Very possible . That's why I'm high on Iowa. I think the great off-season will really help the sophomores and they've got some solid upperclass guys too. But same thing holds true for them. I worry a bad start could mess with their head . Luckily the schedule stinks the first part of OOC so shouldn't be a problem

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were a 9 seed last year that was wrecked with injuries. They were missing half their front court(Gavin Schilling, Ben Carter) and Bridges and Harris each missed more than 5 games last year. They return 4 of their 5 top scorers, along with Carter and Schilling. And add a lottery type talent in Jackson. I guess you're under the assumption players can't improve from the Freshman to Sophomore seasons? They add 4 potential impact guys through Freshman eligibility and injury. If you think Van Vilet is old wait til you see how old Ben Carter is. Just a little hint he's older than Giannis.
State needs to make sure Cassius Winston matures and hits the weight room. He could be the real deal in a year, as he is one of the best passing guards MSU has had in quite some time. Narms needs to be buried deep in the bench however. If state were to have a disappointing season, it's because Izzo decided to play Tum Tum too much. Dude is just a turnover machine. And yes I'm secretly rooting for Izzo to win his second title despite my hate for MSU as a whole. He deserves it, even though he's a redass.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not seeing what the MSU hype train is all about. They went 20-15 last season and lost in the second round of the NCAA tournament. Now all of a suddent they're a #2 ranked team and 1 seed based of what? They're returning guys from a mediocre team, I just don't see them going from average #50 team in the country to a NC contender after a 4 month off season. They have bad guards, and their best player is a great athlete but just ok basketball skills in Bridges. They do have a 5 star recruit but again they're still fairly young and were average last year with the same core team. I just don't see where this magical hype train is coming from.

Because of the defections to the NBA draft, it's that way every year now.

Wichita State was a bubble team last year. Now they are a title contender because they lost nobody.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had as much time to look at all the teams compared to past years, but from the Big East, I would put Nova a litter lower and Xavier and Seton Hall a little higher.

I also think people have Gonzaga a bit high. I think they're going to have a down year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't had as much time to look at all the teams compared to past years, but from the Big East, I would put Nova a litter lower and Xavier and Seton Hall a little higher.

I also think people have Gonzaga a bit high. I think they're going to have a down year.

I'm slightly higher on Nova than most, and Hart will be really difficult to replace, but I think with the addition of Spellman and Booth being healthy that will make up for his loss. Also, Jay Wright is really good. I think they could potentially have 3 1st team all big East players.

As for Gonzaga, I may be buying into the hype a year early. They were so good last year, they redshirted a top 100 guy out of high school, and redshirted another player due to injury that had a decorated amateur career in Europe. They are filling out their roster with young talented players, but still have guys coming back with experience like Perkins, Melson, Williams and Tillie. Plus they'll play a WCC schedule where they should only lost at most 2 games in conference. I am higher than others on them though for sure. I can see them definitely being a 4-6 seed.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks good, looking forward to the season starting.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
State needs to make sure Cassius Winston matures and hits the weight room. He could be the real deal in a year, as he is one of the best passing guards MSU has had in quite some time. Narms needs to be buried deep in the bench however. If state were to have a disappointing season, it's because Izzo decided to play Tum Tum too much. Dude is just a turnover machine. And yes I'm secretly rooting for Izzo to win his second title despite my hate for MSU as a whole. He deserves it, even though he's a redass.

I don't see Tum Tum as any sort of weakness by any means. If he could just shoot the ball he could be a PoY kind of guy. He's supposed to be one of those great leaders that Izzo loves so much, right up there with Cleeves, Green, and Valentine from everything I've heard. He has as much pure speed and initial step quickness as ive ever seen. And a high bvasketball IQ making a lot of great decisions. Problem is he just can't shoot. Like at all. Not even a little. Can barely hit a layup.

And Winston could end up being an all time great. Not sure if he has the talent to go to the league early, so he could stay long enough to develop. He had a decent 3 point shot already too, if he can develop that further it would go a long ways. But hes already got grwat vision and passing and will be the starter andceating up the most minutes.