• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Decker Wants to be a Patriot

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24/7 Sports was reporting last night that Decker is all but signed by the Patriots. Reports are that he is in Foxboro and has been since this past Thursday.

ESPN Boston expects an announcement sometime this weekend or Monday at the latest.

The odd thing is that Early Edition and Boston Sports Tonight haven't even mentioned a word about any of this.
Tom Curran and Mike Giardi who are the Patriots beat guys haven't even been on TV for the past two weeks.
Can only assume that both are on vacation. If they were around, the shows would be beating this to death.

I watch about 2 minutes of these shows a day because both spend about 75% of their air time discussing Marcus Smart and the Celtics #6.1M Qualifying Offer and any team that they can attach to his wagon. The other 25% is the fact that the Red Sox had a 10 game win streak until last night.

Both shows are off the air until Monday night so anything on the tube will factual.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24/7 Sports was reporting last night that Decker is all but signed by the Patriots. Reports are that he is in Foxboro and has been since this past Thursday.

ESPN Boston expects an announcement sometime this weekend or Monday at the latest.

The odd thing is that Early Edition and Boston Sports Tonight haven't even mentioned a word about any of this.
Tom Curran and Mike Giardi who are the Patriots beat guys haven't even been on TV for the past two weeks.
Can only assume that both are on vacation. If they were around, the shows would be beating this to death.

I watch about 2 minutes of these shows a day because both spend about 75% of their air time discussing Marcus Smart and the Celtics #6.1M Qualifying Offer and any team that they can attach to his wagon. The other 25% is the fact that the Red Sox had a 10 game win streak until last night.

Both shows are off the air until Monday night so anything on the tube will factual.
Well if this is correct that may signal the end of Mitchell? Maybe he just can't get healthy? That or Bolden? Someone has to go to make room? I know NE holds onto to Bolden for STs and many of us have discussed in the past that we need more out of him. Slater and Ebner already suck up two roster spots.

Besides with the new KO rules who knows what BB will come up with that make the refs and other fans/teams/coaches scratch their heads?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that BB has told the team to STFU. There is very little news of any kind about the Patriots. I went to the store yesterday and checked both the Herald and Globe. The Sports sections are smaller than a postage stamp. When the World Cup and Wimbelton get more stories and space than the NFL, you know that everyone is on vacation or that Patriots information is as rare as water on the Sahara.

Rookies report to camp next Tuesday (7/24) and everyone else reports Wednesday (7/25). I guarantee that the Patriots news on 7/26 will be bigger than the entire Sports Sections in the Globe and Herald yesterday.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Decker has publicly announced that he wants to be a Patriot. Drafted by Josh McDaniel when he was the HC of the Broncos, Decker really liked Josh and thought his ideas of offense were great. When his contract ended prior to last season, he was late getting to Foxborough and signed with Titans.

Decker can offer the Patriots several things.......He knows Josh'd system. He has NFL experience. He's 6'4" tall. He has route running ability and speed to run the routes.

I hope BB gives him a shot. He's better than Dorsett and Britt. He can catch the ball and hold on to it.

Word on the street...........................he'll be in Foxboro next week.

Thoughts??

Seems sort of done to me. Nice pictures though.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's the first on the bubble?

MM?
KB?
JM?

Yep.......

None of the three have practiced in pads. End of story. Belichick has zero patience with guys who can't practice in pads and compete with guys who do. If none of them have practiced by this coming Sunday in full pads and with full contact, my guess is that they will be gone before August 9th.

Decker was in Foxboro showing what he could do and whatever he did, it's 100% more than Mitchell, Britt and Matthews. I'm have a gut feeling that Decker will be signed pretty quick. BB can't let him get signed by someone to keep him out of a Pats uniform.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s been freely available for 5 months and the Pats already passed on him 6 weeks ago...I don’t think there’s gonna be a sudden rush on him now.