• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Bledsoe wants out of Phoenix

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns sure do love getting PGs and finding ways to totally ruin it. Dragic, Thomas, and now Bledsoe

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns sure do love getting PGs and finding ways to totally ruin it. Dragic, Thomas, and now Bledsoe

Suns Win !!!

You didn't mention the forgotten guy -- Brandon Knight. He is buried so deep on the bench that he didn't even get in the game last night.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns Win !!!

You didn't mention the forgotten guy -- Brandon Knight. He is buried so deep on the bench that he didn't even get in the game last night.

He's out for the year with a torn ACL.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brogdon Vaughn and Henson makes some sense to me.

Especially with Len a FA to be and the jury still out on Williams (although he is quite intriguing).

Plus he fits into the Suns timeline for actually having cap space.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how the Suns would feel about a pick swap as part of a deal. Suns get the BKN pick, Cavs get the MIA pick. I wouldn't hate that. Especially given that the Nets aren't looking like a basement team and the fact that Marc Gasol is looking less and less available by the day.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how the Suns would feel about a pick swap as part of a deal. Suns get the BKN pick, Cavs get the MIA pick. I wouldn't hate that. Especially given that the Nets aren't looking like a basement team and the fact that Marc Gasol is looking less and less available by the day.

I feel that would be a lot to give up considering you guys just traded for IT. If you trade for Bledsoe, likely he becomes your starting guard moving forward since he's on the books for a few more years. You can't play him and IT together, so you'd likely move on from IT. In that case you basically traded Kyrie for Bledsoe, Crowder and Miami's pick. While still not bad, you've moved down a lot from where you were, IMO.

That Brooklyn pick could get you better players straight up than Bledsoe I think. I'd have to take a look first to see who might be available but at worst it's a huge bargaining chip, with the potential for IT to come back.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that would be a lot to give up considering you guys just traded for IT. If you trade for Bledsoe, likely he becomes your starting guard moving forward since he's on the books for a few more years. You can't play him and IT together, so you'd likely move on from IT. In that case you basically traded Kyrie for Bledsoe, Crowder and Miami's pick. While still not bad, you've moved down a lot from where you were, IMO.

That Brooklyn pick could get you better players straight up than Bledsoe I think. I'd have to take a look first to see who might be available but at worst it's a huge bargaining chip, with the potential for IT to come back.

Yeah, that's a fair point about Bledsoe and IT as a duo. Bledsoe is solid defender, but that's against PG's. Not sure how he'd fare if he's guarding 2's.

I was imagining a rotation - once IT is back - of

IT/Bled/Bron/Jae/Love
Rose/JR/Wade/Green/TT

(IT,Bled,JR, Rose are all pretty interchangable here, just depending on the matchups)

Shump and Korver are the guys that get knocked out of the 10-man rotation... which is exactly the 1st 2 guys you'd want knocked out, imo.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's a fair point about Bledsoe and IT as a duo. Bledsoe is solid defender, but that's against PG's. Not sure how he'd fare if he's guarding 2's.

I was imagining a rotation - once IT is back - of

IT/Bled/Bron/Jae/Love
Rose/JR/Wade/Green/TT

(IT,Bled,JR, Rose are all pretty interchangable here, just depending on the matchups)

Shump and Korver are the guys that get knocked out of the 10-man rotation... which is exactly the 1st 2 guys you'd want knocked out, imo.

That offense would be dynamic with IT and Bledsoe, but you'd guys get killed defensively with two small guards and Love at the 5. I think you still hold over because the offense is so potent, but it becomes closer to a wash than you would think because of what they could give up defensively, IMO.

I think Korver honestly needs to be out of the rotation anyways, at least in the playoffs. He's almost unplayable in certain situations. He's a good guy for a change of pace when the team is (rarely) going to struggle to score, but overall I think he should be further down the depth chart.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That offense would be dynamic with IT and Bledsoe, but you'd guys get killed defensively with two small guards and Love at the 5. I think you still hold over because the offense is so potent, but it becomes closer to a wash than you would think because of what they could give up defensively, IMO.

I think Korver honestly needs to be out of the rotation anyways, at least in the playoffs. He's almost unplayable in certain situations. He's a good guy for a change of pace when the team is (rarely) going to struggle to score, but overall I think he should be further down the depth chart.

Totally agree on Korver. Him and Frye are in the same boat. Awesome guys to have at your disposal situationally... but you don't want either to be a permanent fixture in the rotation.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a bad trade for the Bucks to give up Brogdon for Bledsoe. I don't think he's that much of an upgrade and Brogdon has more upside on a rookie contract.

Agreed. I'd rather have Brogdon.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just something to consider,

Bledsoe is only 3 years older (despite coming into the league well before Brogdan).

And just put up a 2.9 WORP.

For benchmarking purposes. that's the EXACT same WORP as Kyrie last year.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you scoring at home:

Marcus Smart
Marcus Morris
Abdel Nader

fits under trade machine.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw Klay and Dray in there too lol

I legitimately would not trade Draymond for any other player in the League right now. That's not to say individually he's better than guys like Giannis, KAT, AD, etc., but he's more important in what he does for this team than any of those guys could bring. Draymond is simultaneously every position on the court at any time, on both offense and defense. He's also the mental toughness of the team.

I saw Max Kellerman's take on Draymond recently and Stephen A disagreed(not surprising), but I 100% agreed with Kellerman.

Curry is what makes the Warriors who they are.
KD makes the Warriors unfair.
Klay is an essential cog.

Draymond is the 2nd most important player though on the Warriors to Curry because of what he does on a given night for the team.

Defend the perimeter
Defend the paint
Be the Point Guard
Be the Stretch 4
Be the rebounder
Be the enforcer
Be the heartbeat

If he's just not one of those on a given night, the Warriors could lose.