• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Episodes

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this? Netflix just sent me an email to tell me the 5th season is available and I would probably like it. The guy in the picture looks like Joey from Friends. Something about the American version of a British show. This can't possibly be any good can it?

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this? Netflix just sent me an email to tell me the 5th season is available and I would probably like it. The guy in the picture looks like Joey from Friends. Something about the American version of a British show. This can't possibly be any good can it?
Depends on your idea of comedy. Also I personally feel like being a fan of Friends helps. I quit watching after a while because it made me feel so awkward. It is a British style comedy so if you don’t like British comedies it isn’t for you. Matt Leblanc (Joey) plays a characterized version of himself that is a complete self centered ass who cares about no one else, and leaves havoc everywhere. It is not awful but damn I quit midway into either season 2 or 3 because it made me cringe so much.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on your idea of comedy. Also I personally feel like being a fan of Friends helps. I quit watching after a while because it made me feel so awkward. It is a British style comedy so if you don’t like British comedies it isn’t for you. Matt Leblanc (Joey) plays a characterized version of himself that is a complete self centered ass who cares about no one else, and leaves havoc everywhere. It is not awful but damn I quit midway into either season 2 or 3 because it made me cringe so much.
I'll probably check it out. Friends was ok. I have actually liked a couple British comedies on Netflix (IT Guys and The Inbetweeners)

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably check it out. Friends was ok. I have actually liked a couple British comedies on Netflix (IT Guys and The Inbetweeners)
I personally don’t see The Inbetweeners as typical British comedy. The IT Guys from what I have heard is more like British comedy, another obvious way to get an idea is look at The Office with Ricky Gervais. That is the true sentiment of British comedy. The Inbetweeners has the feel of an american tv show that was filmed in the UK.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much makes fun of the movie industry, but hell it might turn into a documentary with all the sexual harassment suits of late. LOL

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don’t see The Inbetweeners as typical British comedy. The IT Guys from what I have heard is more like British comedy, another obvious way to get an idea is look at The Office with Ricky Gervais. That is the true sentiment of British comedy. The Inbetweeners has the feel of an american tv show that was filmed in the UK.
Yeah, that's a good point about the Inbetweeners. I usually don't like shows that take place in another country for whatever reason but that show did have an American feel to it. It's like "Workaholics the High School Years".

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the funniest part of the show was the show LeBlanc signed up to do once this was over was EXACTLY the kind of show they lampooned on Episodes.

Anyway, it totally skewers Hollywood and the entertainment biz.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's kind of hit or miss, but it's really funny when it's good. When it misses the mark it's a little painful though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok show, but it does have one of the absolute worst characters in the history of TV.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you mean
280full.jpg

In which case, she's a great character because she's SUPPOSED to fucking annoying.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you mean
280full.jpg

In which case, she's a great character because she's SUPPOSED to fucking annoying.
When annoying moves into infuriating, it is too far. No subtlety = lazy writing/acting.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When annoying moves into infuriating, it is too far. No subtlety = lazy writing/acting.

Heh.

Nah. I get it, her character IS annoying. Fingers on a chalkboard annoying. But c'mon now, if you've ever worked in a large(r) organization, you've met someone like her. WHY do they have their job? Nobody knows. But they DO, and they probably make more money than you do.

Episodes can't have all subtle characters, because it's lampooning fucking Hollywood. The same group that gave the world Harvey Weinstein. Subtle as cum in a potted plant.

The show is ABOUT the subtle characters struggling (and mostly failing) against the idiots they're arrayed against.