• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Enjoy it while I can

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually can't stay up for the Pistons West coast games, so their first West coast swing of the year falling on the weekend was great for me. And then they go and make it worth staying up by handing the Clipper their first loss. Followed the next night by holding off the defending Champs to move into first in the East. I don't usually get such gifts from the Pistons schedule, and since I doubt it will last long, I'm enjoying it while I can!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually can't stay up for the Pistons West coast games, so their first West coast swing of the year falling on the weekend was great for me. And then they go and make it worth staying up by handing the Clipper their first loss. Followed the next night by holding off the defending Champs to move into first in the East. I don't usually get such gifts from the Pistons schedule, and since I doubt it will last long, I'm enjoying it while I can!

Avery Bradley was probably one of the biggest acquisitions this off-season that no one made a fuss about. I love his game and think him and Patrick Beverly are the two best perimeter defenders in the NBA. Pistons are looking really good right now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery Bradley was probably one of the biggest acquisitions this off-season that no one made a fuss about. I love his game and think him and Patrick Beverly are the two best perimeter defenders in the NBA. Pistons are looking really good right now.

Not to mention, Reggie Jackson looks healthy and is playing like the 2015/16 version. Still don't think he is an elite PG by any stretch, but that roster is built around the concept of having a playmaking PG, and they simply didn't last year.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, Reggie Jackson looks healthy and is playing like the 2015/16 version. Still don't think he is an elite PG by any stretch, but that roster is built around the concept of having a playmaking PG, and they simply didn't last year.
He still has his moments of overdribbling and just plain waiting too long to start a set. I think that Ish actually runs the team better, but doesn't have the ceiling that Jacson does. Tolliver was huge off the bench both games.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aren't you a C's fan or am I just crazy? I honestly don't give 2 shits, just testing my mental health...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logicman is the cs fan.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading some stuff on them earlier today about how their starting 5 is terrible as far as +/- and that Detroit is making do with its bench and mixed line ups on top of some timely scoring. It's still a small sample size but there's no way their success is going to continue if they keep trotting out starters that are a net negative. Still, they should be a playoff team. They should have been one last year if Reggie Jackson didn't have his head up his ass. Bradley will help on that part. He can clean up Jackson's mistakes when they share the floor in ways KCP couldn't. Bradley is a significant upgrade of KCP

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,268.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with you brother. i have trouble staying up for those games

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem, it's no insult to be confused with LogicMan; he's a great poster (even if he's a Celtic fan:eek:)

LogicMan is a great poster I agree.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Stanley Johnson look like anything close to a #8 overall pick yet?

Dude could’ve been in the national player of the year discussion if he stayed in college one more year.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Stanley Johnson look like anything close to a #8 overall pick yet?

Dude could’ve been in the national player of the year discussion if he stayed in college one more year.
No he does not. I'm hoping being in the starting role this year will speed his development. He has pretty solid D most of the time, but his offense is streaky at best.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he does not. I'm hoping being in the starting role this year will speed his development. He has pretty solid D most of the time, but his offense is streaky at best.

Yikes...A blowout loss at the hands of the Lakers has got to put a damper on any positive outlook you may have had for the Pistons. I feel for you, man...I was actually rooting for you guys tonight for betting purposes....

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes...A blowout loss at the hands of the Lakers has got to put a damper on any positive outlook you may have had for the Pistons. I feel for you, man...I was actually rooting for you guys tonight for betting purposes....
I didn't stay up and watch this one. As I said, I know it won't last. These things happen. I'll still take 2-1 on the West Coast trip every time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't stay up and watch this one. As I said, I know it won't last. These things happen. I'll still take 2-1 on the West Coast trip every time.

Yeah, I don't think the loss to the Lakers means much. The Lakers are a young and talented, but very inexperienced team. As they develop, there will be nights where they put it all together and show us their possible future. Last night was one of those nights.

The fact that it was the last game of the road trip helped a bit too.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think the loss to the Lakers means much. The Lakers are a young and talented, but very inexperienced team. As they develop, there will be nights where they put it all together and show us their possible future. Last night was one of those nights.

The fact that it was the last game of the road trip helped a bit too.
I think the Clippers game is the only one that could really tell us anything; and that is more that the Clippers had a soft early schedule to be 4-0. I don't really think the Pistons are better than the Warriors or worse than the Lakers, but I do think that they are a playoff team (in the East). It's a marathon of a season, it will all get worked out (Cleveland won't end up 0.375 either).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Clippers game is the only one that could really tell us anything; and that is more that the Clippers had a soft early schedule to be 4-0. I don't really think the Pistons are better than the Warriors or worse than the Lakers, but I do think that they are a playoff team (in the East). It's a marathon of a season, it will all get worked out (Cleveland won't end up 0.375 either).

100% agree. Season is off to a bit of a weird start. There may be a surprise team or 2 that continue what they're doing (good or bad) throughout the whole season. But other than that, teams will rise or fall to where most expected them to be before the season started.