• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Enes Kanter going to Turkish prison?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enes Kanter reportedly facing four years in prison for insulting president of Turkey

New York Knicks center Enes Kanter has been vocal with his criticism of the current political regime in Turkey, particularly President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Things came to a boil over the summer, when the Turkish government reportedly issued an arrest warrant for Kanter, to which he replied on Twitter (translated from Turkish), "You cannot catch me. Hahaha. Don't waste your energy. I am already going to come to [Turkey] to spit on all of your ugly, hate-filled faces."

Now Turkey's state-run news agency, Andalou Agency, says that the country is seeking more than four years in prison for Kanter on charges of insulting the president

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he doesn't go back to Turkey, he's safe. But as long as Turkey continues its descent from free, democratic society into autocratic dictatorship, he won't ever be safe if he goes home.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he doesn't go back to Turkey, he's safe. But as long as Turkey continues its descent from free, democratic society into autocratic dictatorship, he won't ever be safe if he goes home.

Yeah. Really sad.

I am sure Kanter will eventually become a US citizen if he hasn't already, but still sucks that he may never be able to go home again.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he wants to get back to Turkey because of all their hot, beautiful women.

1421899057528.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn!! They take their butthurt serious in Turkey.

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Really sad.

I am sure Kanter will eventually become a US citizen if he hasn't already, but still sucks that he may never be able to go home again.

Even if he wasn't going to be arrested, he wasn't going home. His family has cut all ties with him because of the things he's said. He has no reason to go back home. US is his home now.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kanter has stated his team mantes and friends are his only family. He still remains close to several members of the Thunder.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turkey is one messed up country. And the just cant give the Kurds 5% of the country ????????????

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he wasn't going to be arrested, he wasn't going home. His family has cut all ties with him because of the things he's said. He has no reason to go back home. US is his home now.

I suspect his family has had to say they have cut ties with him.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broke my heart when I read his piece on the Players Tribune.

All the man wants for Christmas is a trip to the bazaar and an afternoon in the bathhouse.

Some day Enes, someday.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for him but I'm not very sympathetic for his political views or support of Gulen. This is the kind of crap that comes out of Gulen's mouth:

“...The Jewish tribe is very intelligent. This intelligent tribe has put forth many things throughout history in the name of science and thought. But these have always been offered in the form of poisoned honey and have been presented to the world as such. For instance, Karl Marx is a Jew; the communism he developed looks like a good alternative to capitalism at first sight, but in essence it is a deathly poison mixed in honey.... It would not be an exaggeration to say that ‘the purpose behind the creation of such a people is to be the coil spring for human progress.’ Just as God unleashes the hawk to evolve the sparrow’s capability for flight, with the Jews He keeps humans alert and under tension....

“Jews will maintain their existence until the apocalypse. And shortly before the apocalypse, their mission of acting as the coil spring for humanity’s progress will come to an end, and they will prepare their end with their own hands.... These people... will finally end up in the position of Nazis and will look for a place to hide in the four corners of the earth.”

I don't know why we ever let Gulen into the country. I'm not saying send him back because they'll put him in front of a firing squad, but based on some of the things he's preached it's probably a good thing that the coup failed and he's out of the picture.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for him but I'm not very sympathetic for his political views or support of Gulen. This is the kind of crap that comes out of Gulen's mouth:

“...The Jewish tribe is very intelligent. This intelligent tribe has put forth many things throughout history in the name of science and thought. But these have always been offered in the form of poisoned honey and have been presented to the world as such. For instance, Karl Marx is a Jew; the communism he developed looks like a good alternative to capitalism at first sight, but in essence it is a deathly poison mixed in honey.... It would not be an exaggeration to say that ‘the purpose behind the creation of such a people is to be the coil spring for human progress.’ Just as God unleashes the hawk to evolve the sparrow’s capability for flight, with the Jews He keeps humans alert and under tension....

“Jews will maintain their existence until the apocalypse. And shortly before the apocalypse, their mission of acting as the coil spring for humanity’s progress will come to an end, and they will prepare their end with their own hands.... These people... will finally end up in the position of Nazis and will look for a place to hide in the four corners of the earth.”

I don't know why we ever let Gulen into the country. I'm not saying send him back because they'll put him in front of a firing squad, but based on some of the things he's preached it's probably a good thing that the coup failed and he's out of the picture.

Most Turks think similar thoughts about Jews. Most of the Muslim Middle East does in fact.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't lead the coup though. It was a set up by Erdogan as an excuse to crack down and seize more power.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness... ^this^ is most likely a coerced decision... his family would probably face similar threat of prison if they did anything less than denounce Enes.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're looking for a squeeky clean, clear cut "good guy" to root for... you're probably not going to find one in Turkey.

(or in many, many other places on earth)