• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Empty seats today in California

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA football fans really need to spread the word to the non-football goers in LA. Even if its a comic book geek watching It, or a homeless bum on sunset blvd

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how was the new stadium at the murph going to be funded? and would it be worthwhile to do it anyway?
$375 million from city and county - $300 million from NFL, $425 million from Spanos. Didn't include naming rights deals or other revenue. Totally doable. Fucking Spanos is paying $650 million for a relocation fee and won't even own a stadium.

Should they do it anyway? Not to that scale. If we had a college program in a power 5 conference maybe, but SDSU at their peak will get around $45-$50k. Average will be less than that, as they're pretty close to their peak already.

This is the plan we're all on board with now - MLS in San Diego. Big soccer city with our neighbors to the south. Landon Donovan is leading the effort. Only issue is SDSU would prefer more than 30k seats and aren't yet on board, but this stadium is 100% privately funded, and sets aside land for a potential NFL stadium, just in case....

SoccerCity San Diego |

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49'ers are a total embarrassment to football. Storied franchise with a rich history and as soon as there is any sign of problems the fans bail in droves.

Put some fucking sun screen on and rep your team. Give them the HFA they need.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49'ers are a total embarrassment to football. Storied franchise with a rich history and as soon as there is any sign of problems the fans bail in droves.

Put some fucking sun screen on and rep your team. Give them the HFA they need.
san jose isnt san fran....more nfl ego based bad decisions imo

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the city's plan. Most cost effective because it would've been at the same site as Qualcomm Stadium. Spanos didn't want it because he knew it was the most likely option to actually happen, and his goal all along was to move to LA and double the franchise value. Although I doubt you'd find anyone to pay what people say they're worth right now. He went for a big tax increase to fund a palace downtown, and voters rightfully gave him the finger.

So glad to have Robert Kraft as our owner. Financed the razor by himself. He's now making money hand over fist on that deal.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when does he get his superbowl for the stadium?? now that would be some fun.....
Likely never considering Goodell and company want the SB in warm climates or domes. Actually, it would be a pain in the ass holding a SB in Foxboro. Like GB the area just isn't designed to handle the madness a SB brings. Granted Detroit held a SB but no one still lives in Detroit so there was plenty of room. My wife went, I was in Iraq:mad2:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you have a fetish for traffic jams, smog and outrageous costs for homes?

No. I have a fetish for palm trees, beautiful beaches and EASILY the countries hottest women. And the reason its so friggin expensive is cause EVERYONE wants to live their. The materialism sucks and so does the traffic but there is soooo much to do. So many cultures blended together. TREMENDOUS weather.
I went on Realtor.com and the cheapest house I could find in all of LA was an absolute dump, in Compton for $350,000. Just a regular old middle class home is a million bucks... and thats in a mediocre area too.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I have a fetish for palm trees, beautiful beaches and EASILY the countries hottest women. And the reason its so friggin expensive is cause EVERYONE wants to live their. The materialism sucks and so does the traffic but there is soooo much to do. So many cultures blended together. TREMENDOUS weather.
I went on Realtor.com and the cheapest house I could find in all of LA was an absolute dump, in Compton for $350,000. Just a regular old middle class home is a million bucks... and thats in a mediocre area too.
Minus the traffic, materialism and somewhat median price range for houses, sounds like you should've went south to SD.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minus the traffic, materialism and somewhat median price range for houses, sounds like you should've went south to SD.

Shit. SD is MAD expensive too. And dont get me started on SF. The average price for a home crossed 1,000,000 a few years ago. But its cause everyone wants to be in that Cali weather.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit. SD is MAD expensive too. And dont get me started on SF. The average price for a home crossed 1,000,000 a few years ago. But its cause everyone wants to be in that Cali weather.
I said somewhat. You couldn't pay me to live in SF or anywhere in the bay area. But, if you want the beaches, peace, calm good food without the shit that comes along with LA, SF, SJ... SD or that general area would be my choice.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said somewhat. You couldn't pay me to live in SF or anywhere in the bay area. But, if you want the beaches, peace, calm good food without the shit that comes along with LA, SF, SJ... SD or that general area would be my choice.

Whaaaat? Have you ever been to SF? Its absolutely beautiful and has the nicest people in the country by a land slide. Its easily our nations nicest "big city". Absolutely amazing place to live.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whaaaat? Have you ever been to SF? Its absolutely beautiful and has the nicest people in the country by a land slide. Its easily our nations nicest "big city". Absolutely amazing place to live.
Been there 3 or 4 times. Let's just say it's not my cup of team.
Great culinary area but that's the only good thing I can say about that area.

Please enough with the hyperbole, nicest people in the country by a landslide:rolleyes2:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been there 3 or 4 times. Let's just say it's not my cup of team.
Great culinary area but that's the only good thing I can say about that area.

Please enough with the hyperbole, nicest people in the country by a landslide:rolleyes2:

In my travels across the country the nicest people I've met are from the Bay area. Particularly the lack of focus on materialism. Rich people walk around in jeans and flip flops. They 100% have a culture of caring, neighborhood and accepting dofferences. The actual city is beautiful too so I wasn't being hyperbolic.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my travels across the country the nicest people I've met are from the Bay area. Particularly the lack of focus on materialism. Rich people walk around in jeans and flip flops. They 100% have a culture of caring, neighborhood and accepting dofferences. The actual city is beautiful too so I wasn't being hyperbolic.
Well if you think phrasing something subjectively like "greatest by a landside" isn't just a little sprinkle of hyperbole I'm not sure what I can tell you.
You need to get out to the midwest and south if you think bay area people are the nicest is all I'm saying. You realize Oakland is in the bay area correct?

Those Berkinstock, jean wearing, tree hugging liberals are just a bunch of hippies left over from the 60s.