• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Empire league: Expansion and Contraction

Should we do expansion and contraction??

• Yes to expansion Yes to contraction

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Yes to expansion NO to contraction

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No to expansion NO to contraction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO to expansion NO to contraction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont care

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetically, a team finishes in last 2 years in a row then the owner quits. He's got 1 good player and it's Trout (all a hypothetical example of course), why should one person have the ability to draft him AFTER their keepers just because one guy quit?
Why would someone want a junk team someone else put together?

That's always been my thing. No way I ever take over an existing dynasty team. Good or bad. But I've yet to find a league that would take me as an expansion franchise.

It wouldn't be just Trout available, in my head. Every team would lose players, in an expansion draft.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's always been my thing. No way I ever take over an existing dynasty team. Good or bad. But I've yet to find a league that would take me as an expansion franchise.

It wouldn't be just Trout available, in my head. Every team would lose players, in an expansion draft.

in my money i league i was an expansion team... Unfortunately, they are not looking to expand any further...

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not against expansion. I just wouldn't want contraction where the best player gets thrown back into the draft because one owner quit and a replacement wasn't found. I like @MilkSpiller22 proposal of the players getting put into free agency and using the FAAB.

I've also taken over as an owner for a really shitty team and I'm on year 2 of the rebuild and started to turn things around, probably my favorite team right now

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point there will need to in depth explanation of this FAAB deal. Cuz it still makes no sense to me.

Really simple... you start the year with a set amount of money... lets say 300 dollars... Every add you make you bid to win that player... so lets say trout is available in waivers, you know everyone will want him so you want to out-bid everyone else... if you win, you get the player...
its all a blind bid..

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did teams have to protect a certain amount and leave a certain amount open to be taken?

yup... they protected players... and we were allowed to take players from free agency... i was expanded with one other owner, and we had a 2 person draft...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against expansion. I just wouldn't want contraction where the best player gets thrown back into the draft because one owner quit and a replacement wasn't found. I like @MilkSpiller22 proposal of the players getting put into free agency and using the FAAB.

I've also taken over as an owner for a really shitty team and I'm on year 2 of the rebuild and started to turn things around, probably my favorite team right now
I've always wanted to be an expansion team for the challenge. But I also like to avoid teams getting sucky enough that owners want to leave.

I don't understand Free Agency in this league.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really simple... you start the year with a set amount of money... lets say 300 dollars... Every add you make you bid to win that player... so lets say trout is available in waivers, you know everyone will want him so you want to out-bid everyone else... if you win, you get the player...
So I bid all my money.

What then?

I can't pick up any more FAs? Or only ones nobody wants? How long does someone have to sit there on silent auction?

I've never done an auction draft either. So you gotta dumb this down to get me up to speed.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I bid all my money.

What then?

I can't pick up any more FAs? Or only ones nobody wants? How long does someone have to sit there on silent auction?

I've never done an auction draft either. So you gotta dumb this down to get me up to speed.

0 bids are allowed... but you do have to use your money smartly...

You just put in your bid and then hope you win... its not an auction where you can re-bid...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 bids are allowed... but you do have to use your money smartly...

You just put in your bid and then hope you win... its not an auction where you can re-bid...
So you can pick up players without having money?

Is the auction deal only in place of waiver order? Clear waivers, cost nothing?

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I bid all my money.

What then?

I think he meant with the "draft auction" that you got $50 extra to your FAAB and you could use up to $50, with the highest bidder getting the first pick. Or at least that's how I understood it.

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can pick up players without having money?

Is the auction deal only in place of waiver order? Clear waivers, cost nothing?

You can, but if someone bids even $1 in the same bidding period as you, you lose. It would never go waivers/clear waivers. It would be a bidding period for every player (I've been in leagues with FAAB before)

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he meant with the "draft auction" that you got $50 extra to your FAAB and you could use up to $50, with the highest bidder getting the first pick. Or at least that's how I understood it.

And if you wanted to bid $1 and get the last pick in the first round, you'd have an extra $49 for free agency in the season

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you wanted to bid $1 and get the last pick in the first round, you'd have an extra $49 for free agency in the season

slightly more complicated as the 12 pick is a very popular pick..

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
slightly more complicated as the 12 pick is a very popular pick..

I sort of left my strategy out in the open, but it was the easiest way to explain it IMO. I think you could do a random number generator if there's more than 1 bid at a certain amount