• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Embrace the season

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking with the track record of success Gruden has had with NFL QB's, he will have an adequate QB that he can work with if KC ever leaves. That's if KC leaves.

Again - that could be true, but that was not your take. You stated that it would be foolish for anyone to think that the Redskins would be in rebuilding mode if Cousins leaves. Even if the Skins found a good QB in the draft (not their specialty) the likelihood is that it would take time for that QB to develop - even under Gruden. Many QBs take their lumps for a year or two before succeeding in the NFL.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - that could be true, but that was not your take. You stated that it would be foolish for anyone to think that the Redskins would be in rebuilding mode if Cousins leaves. Even if the Skins found a good QB in the draft (not their specialty) the likelihood is that it would take time for that QB to develop - even under Gruden. Many QBs take their lumps for a year or two before succeeding in the NFL.

They did find one in the draft and it took him a few years to develop. His name is Kirk Cousins... and he's gonna walk away next year. This is not being a pessimist this is just reasonable logical thinking. If you have followed this whole thing as I know we all have then how can anyone believe he's a Skin next year. So lets assume he leaves,, all signs point to yes... So we start the process again of drafting one, and assuming that he's a QB that pans out were looking at 3 years for him to develop and take over the NFL. I hate to imagine that he's one that fizzles and fades after the draft.. a bust, or another soon to be Journey man like Jason Campbell became... don't even wanna think about were this team is then.,, but actually,, I can... but before we draft that QB that may, or may not pan out... can we all say Grossman, Campbell, McNabb, Collins, Brunell, Ramsey, Jeff George... My God,, Beck. That's what you're looking at... the likes of them... when KC walks away from this dysfunctional organization next year and a couple after until they decide it aint working with those scrubs and finally draft that hit or miss QB in 2 or 3 years.... and then we sit and wait for the new guy to develop, or not.

... when they had someone already groomed and ready to start his prime years in the back seat of their idiot mobile.

,,and the wheels on the bus go round and round...

... so yea,, embrace this season... could be some dark days ahead.

Sorry to be such a downer but I really still can't believe they fucked this whole situation up so bad... to let it get to this point when they should have seen his progression after the 2015 season... and signed him long term then for 16 million a year.

Last edited: