• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Embrace the season

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My belief is that KC will be gone next year. If he has a very good year then his asking price will be too high. If he has a so-so year then Snyders price will be too low. A no win situation. Some team out there will pay him from numbers put up of his last two seasons.

Our one year contract deals will walk (namely Pryor) among a few other intricate parts and will start the year with Colt having Suds waiting in the wings. Not very promising. Redskins will in a sense punt on the season and in 2019 will draft a QB with our very high draft pick. (top 5) Redskins will be in rebuild (yet again) and wont even sniff playoffs till 2022.

.... so embrace this season for good, bad or indifferent. Our season of hope of a playoff appearance at this time of the year, for awhile.

Lets have a round of applause for our front office.

Christ, at least Vinnie Cerrato had a plan. This front office is clueless.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My belief is that KC will be gone next year. If he has a very good year then his asking price will be too high. If he has a so-so year then Snyders price will be too low. A no win situation. Some team out there will pay him from numbers put up of his last two seasons.

Our one year contract deals will walk (namely Pryor) among a few other intricate parts and will start the year with Colt having Suds waiting in the wings. Not very promising. Redskins will in a sense punt on the season and in 2019 will draft a QB with our very high draft pick. (top 5) Redskins will be in rebuild (yet again) and wont even sniff playoffs till 2022.

.... so embrace this season for good, bad or indifferent. Our season of hope of a playoff appearance at this time of the year, for awhile.

Mr. Positive.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

actually if Pryor produces they could always tag him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I perfer Mr. Realist

You are going to predict what is going to happen in the 2018 season? ok. Give me 6 numbers so I can play Powerball. lol

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says as a fan we have to embrace the season? If the FO can't get a LTD done for Cousins which in turn he may decide to walk anyway, then why should we as fans get "on board" so to speak. Not that Cousins deserves to be the highest paid QB in the league however, timing is everything and Cousins has hit the jack pot in regards to the timing of his contract. It is a clear message from Cousins camp that not only is he willing to play once again on the tag, but that he is willing to take his football and go elsewhere. Sad situation on all fronts but the folks who suffer the most are the fans, yet again.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are going to predict what is going to happen in the 2018 season? ok. Give me 6 numbers so I can play Powerball. lol
Dude, if you cant see what is gonna happen to this team when KC leaves at years end not sure what I can say. It's simply logical thinking. Colt aint the QB Kirk is,, Suds aint the QB Colt is.... a FA journeyman is a journeyman for a reason.. a QB in the draft 2 or 3 years from now is starting over... and starting over probably at the coach position too. If you're hopeful things will be hunky-dorry round here after KC (the best weve had in a long time) leaves than maybe u need to be called Mr. Insane.

Powerball numbers 04, 28, 20, 12, 10 (2)

In case u didnt realize.. those numbers are 4/28/2012 the date we drafted with the 102 pick the great white hope in KC (for this team) to make us relevant again. Not saying he is Tom Brady.. just a QB who's pretty good..Oh well, just like most powerball numbers those numbers just twernt meant to be.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, if you cant see what is gonna happen to this team when KC leaves at years end not sure what I can say. It's simply logical thinking. Colt aint the QB Kirk is,, Suds aint the QB Colt is.... a FA journeyman is a journeyman for a reason.. a QB in the draft 2 or 3 years from now is starting over... and starting over probably at the coach position too. If you're hopeful things will be hunky-dorry round here after KC (the best weve had in a long time) leaves than maybe u need to be called Mr. Insane.

Powerball numbers 04, 28, 20, 12, 10 (2)

In case u didnt realize.. those numbers are 4/28/2012 the date we drafted with the 102 pick the great white hope in KC (for this team) to make us relevant again. Not saying he is Tom Brady.. just a QB who's pretty good..Oh well, just like most powerball numbers those numbers just twernt meant to be.

The franchise is not done if KC leaves. The sky is not falling. So many things can happen from now to the 2018 season. The all out panic mode needs to stop.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The franchise is not done if KC leaves. The sky is not falling. So many things can happen from now to the 2018 season. The all out panic mode needs to stop.

It isn't necessarily over; however, the odds are heavily in that favor.

It is likely...no KC equals no Gruden.

No KC means being without a decent QB for quite a while.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't necessarily over; however, the odds are heavily in that favor.

It is likely...no KC equals no Gruden.

No KC means being without a decent QB for quite a while.

that is a major assumption. No one player is bigger than the team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a sticky thread above that addresses those questions i will love reading your answers

now for the issue at hand , no the team isnt doomed , but to say we will progress without a setback is nothing more then rose colored glasses wearing homerism and wishful thinking

we will be set back because history shows us that , that is the most likely outcome

instead of investing in the defense we will have to reinvest in a qb or instead of paying up for KC we end up paying up for his replacement (most likely unproven or on the decline )

so yes i expect a 2-3 year set back depending on who or what direction we go in

i expect if we keep him we should get a playoff win this year (if the distraction and drama isnt too great ) and within the same 2-3 years i predict the setback i expect us to be ready to make a superbowl

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins are building a roster that has a lot to be excited about. KC is here this year, might be in 2018 and perhaps beyond as well. Don't really know what the future KC situation will be, do we.

To say the Redskins will be in "rebuild" if KC is not our quarterback in 2018, 19 or beyond is just foolish at this point.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say the Redskins will be in "rebuild" if KC is not our quarterback in 2018, 19 or beyond is just foolish at this point.

NFL.com Draft 2017 - NFL Draft History: Full Draft Year

Really? Take a look at the QBs drafted in the draft the last 15-20 years. Sure - there are some that had almost immediate success, but they are the minority by a landslide. The draft is really the only way to obtain your successful starting QB barring a miracle (very few Brees type situations exist & teams don't let good QBs go except maybe the Redskins in the future).

Now if you stated that the Redskins could still obtain future success w/o Cousins that is plausible. However to state that claiming that anyone who says that they would be in rebuild mode is foolish is an equally foolish statement. Barring having this unbelievably stellar surrounding cast (highly unlikely especially in the passing era) no team is going to be ready for a true playoff run w/o a very solid QB.

For every Prescott or Carr there are tons of QBs that are either busts are take a while to develop. To expect otherwise is ill advised.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com Draft 2017 - NFL Draft History: Full Draft Year

Really? Take a look at the QBs drafted in the draft the last 15-20 years. Sure - there are some that had almost immediate success, but they are the minority by a landslide. The draft is really the only way to obtain your successful starting QB barring a miracle (very few Brees type situations exist & teams don't let good QBs go except maybe the Redskins in the future).

Now if you stated that the Redskins could still obtain future success w/o Cousins that is plausible. However to state that claiming that anyone who says that they would be in rebuild mode is foolish is an equally foolish statement. Barring having this unbelievably stellar surrounding cast (highly unlikely especially in the passing era) no team is going to be ready for a true playoff run w/o a very solid QB.

For every Prescott or Carr there are tons of QBs that are either busts are take a while to develop. To expect otherwise is ill advised.

I'm thinking with the track record of success Gruden has had with NFL QB's, he will have an adequate QB that he can work with if KC ever leaves. That's if KC leaves.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redskins are building a roster that has a lot to be excited about. KC is here this year, might be in 2018 and perhaps beyond as well. Don't really know what the future KC situation will be, do we.

i am looking forward to being the houston texans of the past few years

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking with the track record of success Gruden has had with NFL QB's, he will have an adequate QB that he can work with if KC ever leaves. That's if KC leaves.
so far he did well with the avg dalton , utterly failed with RG3 , and according to you guys developed the incredibly avg KC

now i like jay gruden but adequate qb isnt going to make you more then a pretender , not a contender