• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elliotte Friedman 31 thoughts

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
yay. 30 Thoughts us back!
boo, stupid sportnet and their links (remove the space)

http://www.sports net.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-goalie-equipment-changes-tangled-debate/

what a clusterfuck on the goalie gear changes

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yay. 30 Thoughts us back!
boo, stupid sportnet and their links (remove the space)

http://www.sports net.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-goalie-equipment-changes-tangled-debate/

what a clusterfuck on the goalie gear changes

Hey puck, just a tip, if you go to SportsHoopla.com and enter the sportsnet link and then paste the generated tiny url into your post, it will show the sportsnet link that you want and not the embedded video as follows:

30 Thoughts: Goalie equipment changes tangled in debate - Sportsnet.ca

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://SportsHoopla.com/hno7w9b

16. While the Toronto Maple Leafs won the draft lottery, there’s no question the second biggest winner is the state of Arizona.

For 20 years, its been a punching bag for the rest of the hockey world, constantly ripped as a mistake that should have been corrected eons ago.

Auston Matthews’ arrival legitimizes everything everyone in the area did to breathe life into the team, and may turn out to be one of Commissioner Gary Bettman’s biggest victories.

Can’t help but smile when thinking that Toronto’s franchise cornerstone is from the NHL region most mocked by its fans. Montreal Canadiens’ radio analyst Dany Dube had a great point, though. Are we going to see the NHL’s newest American star at the Olympics?

Jesus H. Christ, there is a lot of fucking stupid in that post.

-one player justifies losing literally hundreds of millions on a dumb market when there are people in not-nearly-as-dumb markets that produce talent on a regular basis and wouldn't result in a money-losing franchise? For that kinda cash the NHL could've developed the perfect hockey-playing robot and not forced a generation of hockey players to play in front of 8000 fans a few times a year.

-I think Bettman's been a fucking gut rot on the league for ages now but he has had better fucking victories than Auston Matthews' existence.

-Arizona is not the most mocked region by Toronto fans; most Toronto fans forget Arizona exists unless their parents have winter homes there.

-Who gives a rats fucking ass about the Olympics? What does that have anything to do with the success or failure of the player? He'll likely have a 15-20 year career and the "great point" is if he'll play for John Tortorella for 3 games?

That might be the second-dumbest commentary Elliotte's ever provided.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not buying what Elliotte is trying to sell here re: Arizona, let's not forget that police officers and firemen as well as general city maintenance (roads, water and sewer) were all impacted in favo(u)r of keeping a hockey team in Glendale. Sure. it's a nice story that a potential star player was raised in a expansion market under Bettman's watch, but let's not pretend it's been all sunshine and lollipops in Glendale.

/Heck, the team could still move in a couple of years.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lmao ... im gonna go 3rd

1.“Finally, he’s going to do it! Ryan Lochte is going to beat Michael Phelps in this event in the Games! And Phelps might not even make the podium!”

2."Overholt gold medal!"

3. "Auston Matthews’ arrival legitimizes everything everyone in the area did to breathe life into the team, and may turn out to be one of Commissioner Gary Bettman’s biggest victories."

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao ... im gonna go 3rd

1.“Finally, he’s going to do it! Ryan Lochte is going to beat Michael Phelps in this event in the Games! And Phelps might not even make the podium!”

2."Overholt gold medal!"

3. "Auston Matthews’ arrival legitimizes everything everyone in the area did to breathe life into the team, and may turn out to be one of Commissioner Gary Bettman’s biggest victories."
Lmao forgot 2.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://SportsHoopla.com/hno7w9b

16. While the Toronto Maple Leafs won the draft lottery, there’s no question the second biggest winner is the state of Arizona.

For 20 years, its been a punching bag for the rest of the hockey world, constantly ripped as a mistake that should have been corrected eons ago.

Auston Matthews’ arrival legitimizes everything everyone in the area did to breathe life into the team, and may turn out to be one of Commissioner Gary Bettman’s biggest victories.

Can’t help but smile when thinking that Toronto’s franchise cornerstone is from the NHL region most mocked by its fans. Montreal Canadiens’ radio analyst Dany Dube had a great point, though. Are we going to see the NHL’s newest American star at the Olympics?

Jesus H. Christ, there is a lot of fucking stupid in that post.

-one player justifies losing literally hundreds of millions on a dumb market when there are people in not-nearly-as-dumb markets that produce talent on a regular basis and wouldn't result in a money-losing franchise? For that kinda cash the NHL could've developed the perfect hockey-playing robot and not forced a generation of hockey players to play in front of 8000 fans a few times a year.

-I think Bettman's been a fucking gut rot on the league for ages now but he has had better fucking victories than Auston Matthews' existence.

-Arizona is not the most mocked region by Toronto fans; most Toronto fans forget Arizona exists unless their parents have winter homes there.

-Who gives a rats fucking ass about the Olympics? What does that have anything to do with the success or failure of the player? He'll likely have a 15-20 year career and the "great point" is if he'll play for John Tortorella for 3 games?

:burt: Especially once you consider that Matthews could still flop. He's played 2 NHL games. It's unlikely but still possible. Let's say that Matthews peaks at ~50 points. Are things all still rosy in the desert according to Elliott?

you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard_zps59ba3d79.jpg

Yeah, I'm not buying what Elliotte is trying to sell here re: Arizona, let's not forget that police officers and firemen as well as general city maintenance (roads, water and sewer) were all impacted in favo(u)r of keeping a hockey team in Glendale. Sure. it's a nice story that a potential star player was raised in a expansion market under Bettman's watch, but let's not pretend it's been all sunshine and lollipops in Glendale.

/Heck, the team could still move in a couple of years.

SO much this, right down to the potential star player. One player's 2 game stint in the NHL is now justification for horrible use of public funds, the league having a serious conflict of interest for years and hundreds of millions of dollars going down the drain??

:wtf:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman has been losing it for a while now. Makes me sad because he used to be a great journalist. Then Rogers got its paws on him.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman has been losing it for a while now. Makes me sad because he used to be a great journalist. Then Rogers got its paws on him.

Well, you hang out with Kypreos enough and regression is sure to take place :D

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you hang out with Kypreos enough and regression is sure to take place :D

I was gonna say that it's like some kind of brain cell osmosis has been occurring, but that would imply brain cells leaving Friedman's cranium and entering Kypreos's.

**Checks the latest clip of Kipper's, or ANY clip of Kipper's.**

I guess not. Back to the lab.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna say that it's like some kind of brain cell osmosis has been occurring, but that would imply brain cells leaving Friedman's cranium and entering Kypreos's.

**Checks the latest clip of Kipper's, or ANY clip of Kipper's.**

I guess not. Back to the lab.

maybe it was like this :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could be some sort of brain munching algae in friedman from the green olympic pool

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Conor Murphy or Jack Roslovic were superstars. Then my city's franchise could be ruled a success too.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Conor Murphy or Jack Roslovic were superstars. Then my city's franchise could be ruled a success too.

Bryan Smolinski already blazed that trail though :wink:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but didn't Friedman's comment specifically pertain to "the state of Arizona"?

Everything in Arizona is close together. Ohio is spread out so we can be more choosy about who we associate with.

Plus, I confess, I didn't really pay attention to what Fridge wrote there. I only read like half the words.