• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Elliotte Friedman 31 thoughts

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything in Arizona is close together. Ohio is spread out so we can be more choosy about who we associate with.

Plus, I confess, I didn't really pay attention to what Fridge wrote there. I only read like half the words.

The desert is known for its congestion :wink:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill drop it here since he talks about other topics but ... 33 minute mark on aquilini (doesnt name him but its obvious) lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://SportsHoopla.com/hmor9uq (link to Friedman's 30 thoughts)

30. End of an era as Regina’s Taylor Field hosted its final CFL game last weekend. Anyone who’s been there has a great memory of the place. As a sideline reporter for CBC games, I rarely heard anything from fans at other stadia. This was different. Saskatchewan always had something to say. Once, I somehow mixed up a suit jacket with a different pair of pants. They were close, but not exact. It’s not as if I had a choice, because I didn’t notice until it was time for the game. No one from the broadcast crew saw it, either. Later, I’m walking the sideline and all of sudden these fans start yelling, “Hey Friedman! Your suit doesn’t match! Can’t CBC afford a wardrobe consultant?” I look up, and these guys with watermelons on their heads are ripping the way I’m dressed.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://SportsHoopla.com/hzyxsad (link to Friedman's 30 thoughts)

The NHL sent out a memo Monday indicating each goalie must be wearing the new, tighter pants by Feb. 4. Each must wear pants that are “anatomically proportional and size specific based on the individual characteristics of that goalkeeper.”

Here’s what I understand the measurements to be: They will be assigned a pant size with an inner circumference six inches greater than their waist size, fitting in the following five ranges — 32-34, 34.5-36, 36.5-38, 38.5-40 and 40-plus.

It’s interesting how technical the instructions become. For example, the maximum width of the thigh pad across the front of the leg is nine inches. If the groin and/or hip pads extend beyond the edge of the front thigh pad they are to be included in this nine-inch measurement, which must be taken while the goalkeeper is in an upright standing position. There is a whole list of regulations for curvature, length and thickness of the thigh guard, too. I can hear the grumbling already. This process is so much more complicated than we realize.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miltsy is gonna start stuffin his trousers

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27. NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly led a delegation to visit China, with potential pre-season games next season among agenda items. It’s been reported that Los Angeles and Vancouver would go, with one team setting up shop in Beijing and the other in Shanghai. One exhibition game would be in each of those cities. There’s some question about whether the players will want to do it if they don’t get to go to the Olympics, which makes my head want to explode. Someday, both sides will drop the politics and just do what’s best to grow the game. Anyway, no doubt that’s also part of Daly’s exploration — finding out what type of growth opportunities exist in the country.

lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
yikes. disrespect.

As of Wednesday, the Hurricanes have played 44 games,,,,, they’ve faced the opposing team’s backup 20 times.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 Thoughts link below (mainly Julien talk to start out with and then some trade deadline chatter)

http://SportsHoopla.com/jsxtnqq

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8. The Ryan O’Reilly trade looms large over the Avalanche. That one did not work out, and the organization is determined not to get a better return.

Go to bed Elliotte.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re the O'Reilly trade, there weren't many people who thought that was a bad return at the time. They were questioning why the Avs were moving ROR to begin with but the return seemed more than adequate. The fact the players kinda flamed out playing for the Avs, who are shit, isn't really fair to judgement of the deal.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30. Very impressed with the people of British Columbia, who raised $500,000 Tuesday night for the Canucks For Kids Fund. It was an honour to be there, but that fan base deserves major credit.

:clap::clap:

link to 30 thoughts below

http://SportsHoopla.com/zrqkclj

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you'd like this one more Dash:

21. On Monday’s edition of Hockey Central at Noon, Gulutzan was asked if his harsh words after a 5-1 loss in Montreal on Jan. 24 were a turning point: “Honestly, those words zero. If we fast-forward to after that game, we took the train from Montreal to Ottawa on the day off in-between…The players are in the front car and usually there is some beer. We took it off the car and everybody was mad. I walked up to the player car during that trip and saw that everybody had their headphones on, just staring forward, watching their movies or whatever they were doing. I talked to a couple of our veterans and said, ‘Do you guys need a beer here, or what?’ And they’re like, ‘Yup.’ So I went and got the beer tub and I set it down and said, ‘Take your headphones off, sit down and have a couple of beers, and let’s figure this thing out.’ Got them a little bit more lively. The next day was a day off. Following day was the game against Ottawa, we went around the room and not a rip session, but an honesty session of what we needed from each player and what the expectations were…To sit down and have a heart-to-heart with the guys was probably the biggest thing.”

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
https://SportsHoopla.com/kwpqdz9

Interesting note from Kypreos’s sit-down with Patrick Kane: When then-Vancouver defenceman Willie Mitchell said Kane “couldn’t play five-on-five” during a 2009 playoff series, Scotty Bowman handed the Blackhawks forward a copy of the newspaper with that quote as the two boarded the team bus.

they just can't keep their fuckin' mouths shut
yes, Chicago won the series 4-2 - I don't remember how effective Kane was.
but the Hawks also knocked them out in the 2nd round the next year

Willie shoulda remembered Bertuzzi flapping his gums against Minnesota 6 years earlier.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they just can't keep their fuckin' mouths shut
yes, Chicago won the series 4-2 - I don't remember how effective Kane was.
but the Hawks also knocked them out in the 2nd round the next year

Willie shoulda remembered Bertuzzi flapping his gums against Minnesota 6 years earlier.

not sure if legit on the bold lol ... deciding 6th game:
Patrick Kane had his first hat trick and Jonathan Toews scored the go-ahead goal in a wild third period Monday night as Chicago advanced to the Western Conference finals for the first time since 1995 by beating the Vancouver Canucks 7-5.

i remember Willie being horrible in the 3rd (surprised looking back now that he finished only a minus 1)

also remember the goal at 5:15 of this video ... kane capitalizes on an "old man Willie" Mitchell mistake behind the net, scores and the celly is pretty good lol

/btw ... I actually enjoyed looking back and watching that video ... Canucks "legends" SOB and Mats Sundin score goals lmao ... most importantly it took me back to a time when i (we) cared a whole hell of alot about the canucks :pout: ... today is sad times :pout:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://SportsHoopla.com/n6sohol

Lots of Sabres, Flames, Leafs, and Canucks notes in this edition.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
good stuff as always

https://SportsHoopla.com/y8hnk4h6

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
SportsHoopla.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

6. Watch New Jersey in the lead-up to the draft. There is a growing suspicion the Devils feel their greatest need is on the blue line, and there are some good ones they like (Miro Heiskanen? Cale Makar?). Anyway, would GM Ray Shero take one of them at the top, or would he move down just a little bit, adding something else, if he knew he could still get what he wanted? Vancouver could use a centre, for example. The compensatory pick from Columbus for hiring John Tortorella (55th overall) is something they dangled to see if it could help them move, but so far, no dice.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL

6. Watch New Jersey in the lead-up to the draft. There is a growing suspicion the Devils feel their greatest need is on the blue line, and there are some good ones they like (Miro Heiskanen? Cale Makar?). Anyway, would GM Ray Shero take one of them at the top, or would he move down just a little bit, adding something else, if he knew he could still get what he wanted? Vancouver could use a centre, for example. The compensatory pick from Columbus for hiring John Tortorella (55th overall) is something they dangled to see if it could help them move, but so far, no dice.

It will be another year of hype and nothing good. Just the 5th