• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tournament Thread Elite 8

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really pulling for South Carolina.

They've been doing it with grit and suffocating defense. Good shit.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope it's an all Carolina final.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CatsTopPac will still tell us how they are not that good and NWG doesn't deserve being listed as a guy who can take over tournament games

Holy shit you're serious aren't you?

It blows my mind that I can compliment a team and a player over a dozen times on a single thread with you and you can still completely miss it. I said over and over again that Few is a great coach, GU is a great program, they have a solid team this year and NWG is a solid player. I picked them going in as being an EE team and that means I think they are not that good? I've never seen so much cognitive bias for you to even think that.

I said that going in to March, I didn't think that NWG would be able to put his team on his back all the way to the FF. It's a fucking opinion. And I backed it up saying that I have nothing against him, I just haven't seen him replicate what I think it would take to carry a team all the way to the FF on his back.

I stated that I would pick Mason, Hart, and Brooks, and that my dark horses would be Grayson Allen, and Justin Jackson. They looked to me like guys that between this year and last year (especially in March) that could could carry their team to the final weekend. Well, Hart and Allen didn't make it. Brooks and Mason faced each other for it, and Jackson's in. Let's take a look at who showed up the most in the last four games. I about forgot that thread but since you brought it up, I thought I'd look it up.

All three other teams had players that carried their team more than NWG did. In the four games each team played to get to the FF these are the top performers:

Thornwell scored 28.8 ppg and 7.5 rpg against teams averaging a 4.8 seed over the span.
Dorsey averaged 24.5 ppg against teams averaging an 8.5 seed.
Jackson scored 19.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, and 4.3 apg against 7.5.
Brooks scored 16.5 ppg against 8.5 seed.

I mean I don't even think that the seed average is crucial, but I think it's worth a shoutout for a guy like Thornwell who did so well against such difficult teams one after another.

Hell, Bell averaged 12.5 ppg and 12.5 rpg with 3 blocks per game.
Even though Mason's team didn't win, he went off for 22.8 ppg and 6 apg.

NWG scored 15.5 ppg 7.5 rpg, and 3.5 apg against 9.8 seed average.
NWG averages 16.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, and 4.6 apg.

He did fine, and he did the best on a team that got to the FF. Good for him, good for the team. I know you will once again completely pass over what I just wrote, but I'm happy for him. I'm happy for the Zags. I'm happy a 2 teams from the west are hanging banners this year.

I can also still say that he's not my choice in CBB to put his team on his back to the final weekend. I just showed you at least 4 other players that I think did better than him getting to the FF, and two of those players I picked going in.

He went 23-8-4 in the EE and you want to throw a jab like you're rubbing it in or something? He did that in one game. Are you trying to say that carrying a team to the FF means just having a good EE game? Alright, two of the other 3 teams in the FF had players that still did better, in addition to doing way better throughout the entire tourney. Again, I'd even put Bell's 11 points, 13 boards, and 8 blocks above NWG's EE game.

So why do you have such a hard-on for me and NWG that you need to bring up some bullshit like I don't think GU is not good, and trying to rub it in my face that NWG didn't even score his average while carrying his team all the way to the FF?

And again, who knows? Maybe NWG goes out the next weekend, and puts up 20 points or more both games and gets a bunch of assists and boards. As I've said all along (all I can do is keep repeating it), he's a good player and he could very well take PHX over. But I just don't see it. I think that the other players I've named have done more against better, last game, this tourney, all year, and while in college. That's why I picked them; not because I think NWG or the Zags are shit.

If you can't see that, or the fact that plenty of other players did better than him this tourney (some of which I predicted), despite the fact that I have nothing against NWG or GU, and still have a problem, then fine. It's your problem.

And you've obviously proved incapable of even discussing it if I can say something over 12 times in a single thread, and you refuse to understand.

Last edited:

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before looking like world beaters against a cold Kansas team, Oregon almost lost to Michigan AND almost lost to Rhode Island.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit you're serious aren't you?

It blows my mind that I can compliment a team and a player over a dozen times on a single thread with you and you can still completely miss it. I said over and over again that Few is a great coach, GU is a great program, they have a solid team this year and NWG is a solid player. I picked them going in as being an EE team and that means I think they are not that good? I've never seen so much cognitive bias for you to even think that.

I said that going in to March, I didn't think that NWG would be able to put his team on his back all the way to the FF. It's a fucking opinion. And I backed it up saying that I have nothing against him, I just haven't seen him replicate what I think it would take to carry a team all the way to the FF on his back.

I stated that I would pick Mason, Hart, and Brooks, and that my dark horses would be Grayson Allen, and Justin Jackson. They looked to me like guys that between this year and last year (especially in March) that could could carry their team to the final weekend. Well, Hart and Allen didn't make it. Brooks and Mason faced each other for it, and Jackson's in. Let's take a look at who showed up the most in the last four games. I about forgot that thread but since you brought it up, I thought I'd look it up.

All three other teams had players that carried their team more than NWG did. In the four games each team played to get to the FF these are the top performers:

Thornwell scored 28.8 ppg and 7.5 rpg against teams averaging a 4.8 seed over the span.
Dorsey averaged 24.5 ppg against teams averaging an 8.5 seed.
Jackson scored 19.8 ppg, 6.3 rpg, and 4.3 apg against 7.5.
Brooks scored 16.5 ppg against 8.5 seed.

I mean I don't even think that the seed average is crucial, but I think it's worth a shoutout for a guy like Thornwell who did so well against such difficult teams one after another.

Hell, Bell averaged 12.5 ppg and 12.5 rpg with 3 blocks per game.
Even though Mason's team didn't win, he went off for 22.8 ppg and 6 apg.

NWG scored 15.5 ppg 7.5 rpg, and 3.5 apg against 9.8 seed average.
NWG averages 16.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, and 4.6 apg.

He did fine, and he did the best on a team that got to the FF. Good for him, good for the team. I know you will once again completely pass over what I just wrote, but I'm happy for him. I'm happy for the Zags. I'm happy a 2 teams from the west are hanging banners this year.

I can also still say that he's not my choice in CBB to put his team on his back to the final weekend. I just showed you at least 4 other players that I think did better than him getting to the FF, and two of those players I picked going in.

He went 23-8-4 in the EE and you want to throw a jab like you're rubbing it in or something? He did that in one game. Are you trying to say that carrying a team to the FF means just having a good EE game? Alright, two of the other 3 teams in the FF had players that still did better, in addition to doing way better throughout the entire tourney. Again, I'd even put Bell's 11 points, 13 boards, and 8 blocks above NWG's EE game.

So why do you have such a hard-on for me and NWG that you need to bring up some bullshit like I don't think GU is not good, and trying to rub it in my face that NWG didn't even score his average while carrying his team all the way to the FF?

And again, who knows? Maybe NWG goes out the next weekend, and puts up 20 points or more both games and gets a bunch of assists and boards. As I've said all along (all I can do is keep repeating it), he's a good player and he could very well take PHX over. But I just don't see it. I think that the other players I've named have done more against better, last game, this tourney, all year, and while in college. That's why I picked them; not because I think NWG or the Zags are shit.

If you can't see that, or the fact that plenty of other players did better than him this tourney (some of which I predicted), despite the fact that I have nothing against NWG or GU, and still have a problem, then fine. It's your problem.

And you've obviously proved incapable of even discussing it if I can say something over 12 times in a single thread, and you refuse to understand.

Lol

I win

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before looking like world beaters against a cold Kansas team, Oregon almost lost to Michigan AND almost lost to Rhode Island.
And all the other teams in the FF had extremely close calls.