• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eliminated from playoffs

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto beat Pittsburgh tonight 5-3. Yes, it ends up that Toronto wanted the postseason more than the Lightning. They were able to beat a team with a great record (Guins), whereas the Lightning were not (Bruins). I honestly think it's a must needed rest for this tired, injured and worn out team. Maybe next season will be much better. I hope they learned something out of all this but I do not suppose they did. Lesson they should have learned is play each and every game with desperation to win. Do not wait until the last minute to try to win a game and do not wait for the last minute of a season to try to get into the playoffs. And for God sake, just put the friggin puck on net! SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah do think the rest is very much needed for this team who was played the most games in the last 2 seasons out of everyone. They have made the postseason 3 years on the bounce and if you think the likes of Palat, Johnson and Killornhave played 5 straight postseasons with playing for Norfolk before there time with the Lightning. I think this playoff push is going to serve them well next year as extra motavation to become a playoff team yet again and they will certain learn a lesson that game 1 is as important as games 27, 49, 61 and 82, every game is important and there are no easy games in the NHL as the bolts won 1 game at of 6 games combined vs the Av's, Canucks and Coyotes, 3 of the league's worst team.

Looking ahead to next season the extra motavation and rest is something that is going to be an advantage going into the season. I do think there will be a couple of roster moves that Yzerman will make in the upcoming season. I think Yzerman will re-sign pending RFA's Ondrej Palat and Jonathan Drouin. I think out of the UFA's that Yanni Gourde will be re-signed and be an NHL regular next season. Think they will also re-sign UFA's Luke Witkowski and Pete Budaj. I think they will let Andrej Sustr walk, I think Johnson will be traded to a team looking for a #2 center like Nashville. I also think Garrison will be moved, infact Johnson and Garrison both going to Nashville makes sense as Nashville could use some defensive depth bethind there top 4 (Josi, Subban, Ekholm & Ellis). I think think that will give the bolts the cap space to sign 2 defesneman. I think will sign Trevor Daley from the Pens and Cody Franson from the Sabers. Not the biggest names that will be on the market but good puckmoving defensman that can also contribute offensively is what this team needs. I think Adam Erne is a NHL player but think at this point of his career it would be more benefitical for him to play top line minutes in Syracuse than 4th line minutes in Tampa so I could see the Lightning making a low cost trade with a rebuilding team and acquire a veteran for leadership e.g. Brad Richardson from the Coyotes for a 4th/5th round draft pick.

Team:

Killorn-Stamkos-Drouin
Palat-Point-Kucherov
Gourde-Namestinkov-Callahan
Richardson-Paquette-Brown

Hedman-Dotchin
Daley-Stralman
Coburn-Franson

Vasilevski
Budaj