• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

eligibility- can anyone answer this?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donte Hill, ODU, transferred from Clemson, thinking he had more eligibility left than he did. In the preseason of his sophomore year, while at Clemson, he played in 1 closed preseason exhibition game, and played 8 minutes of that game, then notified coaches he intended to transfer. That 1 preseason exhibition game, those 8 minutes of a scrimmage cost him a year of eligibility.

http://hamptonroads.com/2013/08/odu-player-hills-eligibility-appeal-denied
Old Dominion's Donte Hill controversially ruled ineligible - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 240+ Sites

then Josh Smith, Georgetown, played 2 full seasons at UCLA, and 6 games into his junior year. Smith is immediately eligible to play for Georgetown, and has 2 seasons of eligibility!
SLAM ONLINE | » Georgetown?s Josh Smith Granted Immediate Eligibility

:wtf: ncaa

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you answered it pretty well yourself there at the end... who can ever understand the NCAA's rulings?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit trying to understand anything at all about eligibility. I'm still trying to understand why Luke Cothron still hasn't gotten a chance to play collegiate basketball for a real program.

Luke Cothron, the latest casualty of the NCAA | CollegeBasketballTalk

I played against him (and several other guys from his team that cheated, lol) in high school and was looking forward to what he would do in college. It's unfortunate we'll never know.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude there are about 20 stories like this each offseason

for example......
one player was denied an exemption that allows for players to transfer without losing a year of eligibility due to family emergencies ==> apparently losing a brother & father in the same month didnt qualify as a family emergency

and if you think it doesnt get any worse......
a team facing a postseason ban allows players to transfer out without losing a year. 2 players from the same school both requested to transfer to their new resespective schools ==> even though their cases were identical the ncaa approved one & denied the other

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA's rulings are retarded. They literally just throw darts at a wall to decide. Like why are thugs granted 6th years and good students aren't a lot if the time? I don't get it.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Smith transferred due to the UCLA situation and health reasons...

So for whatever reasons the NCAA can just ignore the 6 games he played in but they can't ignore 6 minutes Luke Cothron played? Why is that?