• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Rogers and Bashaud Breeland to visit; the latter on Tuesday

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breeland would make 3 former Redskins being promoted to Chiefs in the secondary.

I remember liking him coming out in the draft but I havent actually seen him play in the NFL.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breeland would make 3 former Redskins being promoted to Chiefs in the secondary.

I remember liking him coming out in the draft but I havent actually seen him play in the NFL.
I haven't seen a ton of him, but as far as I can ascertain when I have seen him is he's solid/respectable.

Some guy copy pasted Ian Wharton's work on him so I guess I may as well do so here since the paywall dam has burst:

Ranks

number 22 overall
number 10 in press
number 42 off man

Kind of surprised me he was so much better in press than off-man. I guess that makes him a good fit for the Chiefs if the hype on going more press is correct. If one wants to dream- maybe a Sean Smith like addition?

The best boundary corner on the Washington Redskins last year wasn’t high-priced veteran Josh Norman, it was Bashaud Breeland, and it wasn’t close. Breeland’s a big, physical corner with plus movement skill and fluidity. He’s capable in press-man and press-zone, but struggles in off alignments. His flashes and quality plays are terrific but does need to do a better job of shoring up the bad plays. For example, he allowed only 37% completion rate, but 80.7% of his yards allowed were blown and he had five penalties in man. There’s room to improve, but generally he’s well above-average as a high-end No. 2.

Press: Breeland became an impactful press corner in 2017 after showing growth but still an inconsistent nature in 2016. He’s still figuring out how to balance his aggression through the catch process, as he tends to continue engagement as the ball arrives and that led to five penalties. That was the only negative to note though, and he was a lockdown press-man corner when not flagged. His 10 completions on 32 targets is among the league’s best, and his 140 yards allowed was also elite. His process and technique is standout, and it begins right at the line as his shoulders and feet are in unison throughout the route, allowing his balance and reaction times to be maximized.

Cumulative Targets Completion %
Completion Depth
Yards Allowed
Blown Yard Percent
Yards After the Catch Total 54 37.04% 11.7 285 80.7% 52 Rank 49 6 47 32 63 28
Press Targets Completion %
Completion Depth
Yards Allowed
Blown Yard Percent
Yards After the Catch Total 31 32.26% 13.6 140 71.43% 4 Rank 50 14 46 31 25 5

PFF gave him a 79 grade apparently.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a ton of him, but as far as I can ascertain when I have seen him is he's solid/respectable.

Some guy copy pasted Ian Wharton's work on him so I guess I may as well do so here since the paywall dam has burst:

Ranks

number 22 overall
number 10 in press
number 42 off man

Kind of surprised me he was so much better in press than off-man. I guess that makes him a good fit for the Chiefs if the hype on going more press is correct. If one wants to dream- maybe a Sean Smith like addition?

PFF gave him a 79 grade apparently.
Sounds like he'd be Marcus Peters fill-in. A downgrade but maybe not a catastrophic one like some of the DBs the Chiefs were relying on last year.

I think Ive read in a couple of places that the Chiefs run more man coverage than any team in the league and its been that way for a couple of years. I think the Chiefs run about a 50/50 split in man and zone depending on the situation.

Its fair to say that the Chiefs Defense could be anything next year. Its an entirely different unit.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Breeland eluding the Colts, I have no real idea what's going on. The fact Yates made a point of saying the Chiefs were still in the mix earlier after he left Chiefs camp makes this still worth following, however.