• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eli Manning practicing just 7 weeks after ankle surgery

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,598.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning's goal was always to be back in time for New York Giants OTA practices, even as every prognosis called it unlikely. But Manning doesn't miss time -- game or practice -- and sure enough, there the quarterback was Thursday, seven weeks removed from ankle surgery and practicing in full for the second day in a row.

"The last few weeks, I've been doing most things from a practice standpoint," Manning said. "We're still being smart about things and not trying to overdo it, but definitely, football activities, I feel like I can do them all full."

These OTA workouts are light workouts with no pads and no contact, but teams can run 11-on-11, 9-on-7 and 7-on-7 team drills. So Manning is taking snaps from center, dropping back, rolling out and throwing passes to his receivers, backs and tight ends. He says there's significant value in being on the field at this point, especially this year, with the Giants learning new offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo's offense.

"It's one thing to watch it from the sideline and think you know what's going on," Manning said. "But sometimes, you've got to be there at the line of scrimmage, making the calls, changing the calls, going through your progressions and doing it all."

Source: ESPN New York