• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ego Ferguson released

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The genius strikes again. I said this guy (and Sutton) were both no good the year they were drafted. Idiots disagreed, and now here we are again.

Time it takes before idiots claim they never liked him either:

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you da man :-l

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy the bears picked sucks!? Go figure! Who woulda thought...

Maybe next he will start hand picking Cleveland Browns draft picks who suck. I can't wait.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy the bears picked sucks!? Go figure! Who woulda thought...

Maybe next he will start hand picking Cleveland Browns draft picks who suck. I can't wait.

When I'm right about Howard, you'll say the same thing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I'm right about Howard, you'll say the same thing.

Do you have link to a thread where you said something about Ego/Sutton? We all have said a lot of things over the years, and I'm sure we all have been vindicated and failed in many predictions.

You're already wrong about Howard... lol

13 starts, 1300 yards (1600 yards total) and averaged 5 YPC in perhaps the worst offense in football.

That's a career season, for a good RB. Howard did it his rookie year (at age 21), with Matt Barkley at the helm and backups blocking for him up front half of the season.

It's going to take a lot more than a few quiet games to be able to claim victory for yourself after that. Hell, probably would take more than one quiet season.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have link to a thread where you said something about Ego/Sutton? We all have said a lot of things over the years, and I'm sure we all have been vindicated and failed in many predictions.

13 starts, 1300 yards (1600 yards total) and averaged 5 YPC in perhaps the worst offense in football.

That's a career season, for a good RB. Howard did it his rookie year (at age 21), with Matt Barkley at the helm and backups blocking for him up front half of the season.

It's going to take a lot more than a few quiet games to be able to claim victory for yourself after that. Hell, probably would take more than one quiet season.
I could see him being right about Howard. A lot of RBs come in and dominate for a year, then suck. Guys like Eddie Lacy and Trent Richardson, who are both very similar to Howard, were one year wonders. Howard was also one of the worst in the NFL against a stacked box, which is rather worrisome.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is a stud, and will continue being a stud.

There's a fucking prediction.

Predicting that a 5th rd draft pick will be a bust, is no bold feat.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him being right about Howard. A lot of RBs come in and dominate for a year, then suck. Guys like Eddie Lacy and Trent Richardson, who are both very similar to Howard, were one year wonders. Howard was also one of the worst in the NFL against a stacked box, which is rather worrisome.

Oh, no doubt. There's a good handful of those. I never said it wasn't possible for him to disappoint from here on out. Just that it's going to take an extended period of poor play, before it can start to cancel out everything he did in his rookie season that was good. It was a special year for him.

Trent Richardson never really had a good season to begin with... so he doesn't really apply. He never had a 1,000 yard season, nor did he ever average 4 YPC. However, yes... plenty of backs who drifted away after good rookie season. We've had two in Salaam and A-Train.

Where did you find that stat on Howard? Because I do know he was near the top of the league in yards after contact.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no doubt. There's a good handful of those. I never said it wasn't possible for him to disappoint from here on out. Just that it's going to take an extended period of poor play, before it can start to cancel out everything he did in his rookie season that was good. It was a special year for him.

Trent Richardson never really had a good season to begin with... so he doesn't really apply. He never had a 1,000 yard season, nor did he ever average 4 YPC. However, yes... plenty of backs who drifted away after good rookie season. We've had two in Salaam and A-Train.

Where did you find that stat on Howard? Because I do know he was near the top of the league in yards after contact.
Jay Ajayi leads Top-10 RBs against stacked boxes

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His vision and patience for a rookie is special. He plays at a simple level. You don't need to be Barry Sanders. In fact, Barry was an exception to the norm. If a RB has vision, patience and confidence to get downhill they will be fine. If they have exceptional center of balance(pad level+strength) they will be juuuust fine.

Nothing about Howard (SCREAMS) this is an exceptionally exciting back, yet I think I only recall him being stopped for no gain or loss less than a handful of times all year. The kid just gained yards.

He is humble, and I think he will bring success back to Chicago. I think greatness will gravitate towards him.

That and he is pretty much the only thing to get genuinely excited about with the Bears right now.

Payton is the only Offensive jersey I own.

Ima have a Howard by midseason next year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His vision and patience for a rookie is special. He plays at a simple level. You don't need to be Barry Sanders. In fact, Barry was an exception to the norm. If a RB has vision, patience and confidence to get downhill they will be fine. If they have exceptional center of balance(pad level+strength) they will be juuuust fine.

Nothing about Howard (SCREAMS) this is an exceptionally exciting back, yet I think I only recall him being stopped for no gain or loss less than a handful of times all year. The kid just gained yards.

He is humble, and I think he will bring success back to Chicago. I think greatness will gravitate towards him.

That and he is pretty much the only thing to get genuinely excited about with the Bears right now.

Payton is the only Offensive jersey I own.

Ima have a Howard by midseason next year.

Yeah, that's more or less what I realized about Howard early on as well. I was skeptical after his first few performances, just due to the fact of how underwhelming he seemed athletically.

Then, I was listening to him in a post-game interview talking about exactly that. How he's not the fastest or strongest back in the league, but he makes up for those short comings by excelling in other areas.

I started to see what he was talking about after that interview. I have never seen a young back with the patience or feel that he has for running with the football. His vision and field awareness are phenomenal. He does little things that go unnoticed. He's not going to make the highlight reel hurdle and go 50 more yards for a TD, but he's going to consistently find a way to make his way to the first down marker or the goal line. He's going to consistently find a way to turn a run play that looks like a loss, into a short gain.

He's going to break very few long runs, and he's not going to be the most exciting back we've ever had here. However, he's going to grind out first down, after first down for a long time. He's going to be one of the most dependable backs in the league for next 7 or so years.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How am i already wrong about Howard when I'm making this prediction after his 1300 yard season?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard is a stud, and will continue being a stud.

There's a fucking prediction.

Predicting that a 5th rd draft pick will be a bust, is no bold feat.

It is when that player just came off a 1300 yard season.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol talk about hyperbole. You have no idea if "his vision and patience is special". This is the kind of bs stuff idiots just say to sound smart. And you have no idea if he's "humble", you don't know him personally.

You keep embarrassing yourself.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* he's not the fastest or strongest back in the league, but he makes up for those short comings by excelling in other areas.
* I have never seen a young back with the patience or feel that he has for running with the football
* His vision and field awareness are phenomenal.
* He does little things that go unnoticed.
* he's going to consistently find a way to make his way to the first down marker or the goal line
* He's going to consistently find a way to turn a run play that looks like a loss, into a short gain.

Omg look at this nonsense post full of exaggerations and melodrama. Nothing you said here is true. It's like you're writing a book and you're filling it with junk exaggerations.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so genius will you look into the future and tell us if this current staff will succeed in getting the bears respectable in the division?