• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eflin sent to minors. Kendrick called up.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that Lively will be called up later to fill Eflins slot. He has earned it. Kendrick will probably take away some of Saunders playing time. However, Herrera needs to be benched for a while to get his mind back, so maybe the extra outfielder will help. We shall see!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that Lively will be called up later to fill Eflins slot. He has earned it. Kendrick will probably take away some of Saunders playing time. However, Herrera needs to be benched for a while to get his mind back, so maybe the extra outfielder will help. We shall see!

Sometimes I think maybe both Herrera and Franco should go down for a few weeks to recover their strokes. You wonder if the Phils will ever get solid, reliable hitting (and solid, reliable pitching). Phils always have two or three solid holes in their lineup.

The Iron Pigs just swept the Reds basement dwelling Louisville affiliate in 3 games 36-7. We could use some of that hitting in Philly. Hoskins (13), Cozens (13), and Williams (10) are among the IL top six HR leaders.:suds:

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think maybe both Herrera and Franco should go down for a few weeks to recover their strokes. You wonder if the Phils will ever get solid, reliable hitting (and solid, reliable pitching). Phils always have two or three solid holes in their lineup.

The Iron Pigs just swept the Reds basement dwelling Louisville affiliate in 3 games 36-7. We could use some of that hitting in Philly. Hoskins (13), Cozens (13), and Williams (10) are among the IL top six HR leaders.:suds:
I wonder why it seems that Latin players run into mind blocks. They have the ability to play better but instead get worse. Herrera is in a funk, there are times where he hasn't hustled as much as he should have. Franco has
a mind of his own. If he would listen to the coaching he would stop swinging at garbage pitches and mature
in his approach. They both have an opportunity to earn big bucks in the future. Maybe they have a fear of
getting rich! Either way, it is hard to be patient during this process. At least Altherr is stepping up his game.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why it seems that Latin players run into mind blocks. They have the ability to play better but instead get worse. Herrera is in a funk, there are times where he hasn't hustled as much as he should have. Franco has
a mind of his own. If he would listen to the coaching he would stop swinging at garbage pitches and mature
in his approach. They both have an opportunity to earn big bucks in the future. Maybe they have a fear of
getting rich! Either way, it is hard to be patient during this process. At least Altherr is stepping up his game.

I don't know about that, northeast. I can think of a host of us white boys with serious mind block; asche, ruf, susdorf, mcdonald, wells, nix boys. :pound:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it when these "players" arrive at the Phillies, they eventually develop mind block? Is it the Philly water?

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it when these "players" arrive at the Phillies, they eventually develop mind block? Is it the Philly water?
LOL! Management and coaching let them get away with it. They should not be pampered.
Not the only reason, but it is part of the problem. They need to go on a cheesesteak diet!
That would certainly help!