• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ECU @ VT

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn dude, if we shit the bed this bad against a mid-major, how shitty does that make your team?

:boxing:

The old transitive property fallacy. Use to love that shit back in my ESPIN days. It shows me that we are a very young and raw team that needs to learn to play to their ability and not down to inferior opponents.

You like that... :suds:

mad4comp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should ever be content with mediocrity, but I think that the past couple years of recruiting classes have been excellent and while this year there will be a slight learning curve, we'll have a pretty decent shot next year. Our team is EXTREMELY young and you had to expect a few hiccups along the way. I know I sound like a broken record, but if our young guys learned from this game, it's a positive in my opinion.

The two bolded statements above are pretty much contradicting. Either you're content with mediocrity (which is why you're making an excuse), or you're not.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hatred for Beamer... Just think he's gotten the program as far as he can get it.

Wanna get to the next level? Or you happy with mediocrity? I'm assuming you're in the latter group.

Did I not just state that we'd all love the national championship? So of course we'd want the next level. Many of us still believe that Beamer can get us there. You obviously don't and that's okay for a disagreement. However, your constant negative comments regarding the coaching staff whenever something doesn't go right has gotten pretty old. You not recognizing the difference between execution and the play calling during the OSU game thread already shows your true colors and preconceived notions regarding Beamer and there would be nothing he could do to have you change those notions.

While getting rid of a long time head coach with success has indeed worked out for some (FSU), many others are in a lot worse shape and have been for years (Tenn).

Now it is obvious that we are at an impasse and there is nothing more than can be discussed on this topic to change one another's mind. Therefore I bid you good day and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Let's hope this loss will serve as motivation for this week's practice for GT and we come out firing on all cylinders. Coastal division is wide open and a chance at another ACC championship is a hell of a goal!

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, what this shows it that college football should at some point expand the playoffs to more teams. Anything can happen in this game and that's why it kicks so much ass.

BTW: Love the way you guys (VT) ball. Wish Delany would poach you guys away from the ACC.

mad4comp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I not just state that we'd all love the national championship? So of course we'd want the next level. Many of us still believe that Beamer can get us there.

I'm sure this is how every team feels (pretty sure every team "wants" to win the NC), but when you trot out the same coach after what 20 years of the same old same old, you have to start doubting whether or not the team really wants to win. (you know the whole actions are louder than words thing).

The fact that they actually extended Beamer after he's fallen on his face year in and year out tells me the TEAM is content with where they are (I don't care about what everyone else thinks, but the team has made it clear they're happy with Beamer and his mediocre teams).

You obviously don't and that's okay for a disagreement. However, your constant negative comments regarding the coaching staff whenever something doesn't go right has gotten pretty old. You not recognizing the difference between execution and the play calling during the OSU game thread already shows your true colors and preconceived notions regarding Beamer and there would be nothing he could do to have you change those notions.

My preconceived notions of Beamer are built on watching 15 years of the same old nonsense.

While getting rid of a long time head coach with success has indeed worked out for some (FSU), many others are in a lot worse shape and have been for years (Tenn).

So... pretty much what you're saying is VT is scared to change coaches, so they're content with the same old crap? Must be, since they gave him a 2 year extension for trotting out some pretty shitty teams recently.

I'll give you this, Beamer pretty much put the VT program on the map... for that I am very grateful, but at some point you have to thank him and just move on because he's not cutting it anymore.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well - what sucks about this game the most was me thinking the OL "was back" in some shape or form. The Ohio State game was fools gold. Still excited about the freshman and young contributors on this team. It's obvious though that losing talented in state OL prospects hurts....

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tough one to swallow. Stuff like this happens when you're playing 11 true freshman, and who knows how many RS Fr and Sophomores. They gotta grow up and learn how to handle a big win and learn how to handle a week in the (national) spotlight. Unfortunately, sometimes these games have to happen to do that.

We shouldn't have lost, but at least ECU isn't an ACC team.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, Taz has some competition. My roommate came back from the bar so drunk that he fell on the floor trying to sit on the couch. He passed out in less than a minute and a half. Not bad for 5pm.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, Taz has some competition. My roommate came back from the bar so drunk that he fell on the floor trying to sit on the couch. He passed out in less than a minute and a half. Not bad for 5pm.

I concede defeat.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucked

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just watched the replay on crunch time. kickoff out of bounds and 2 substitution penalties on ecu's game winning drive...ouch

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to screw up our quality loss VT

:rollseyes: