• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Miami Heat VS Indiana Pacers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy sure looks hyped up for this bulls upcoming season

30m5y5h.jpg

:lame: Nice try

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Question for the Miami fans, Who don't you want to see in the Finals and Why? OKC or Spurs?

I think another KD vs LBJ would be fun but I think Miami would win in 5. OKC doesn't match up well. So I think the better Finals would be Spurs vs Heat. Spurs had Heat beat and played better last year so I think it would be fun to see a rematch. See TD go out on top or Heat 3 peat. Good story line for either team. KD winning would be nice to but I honestly don't think they have a shot against the Heat.

Miami vs OKC= Miami in 5
Miami vs Spurs= Spurs in 7 but I can also see Miami in 7. Its a toss up.

I think that the Heat has a better chance vs Ok. City, but I prefer to play the Spurs in case we lose.

Honestly there isn't anything to not like about the Spurs team, and I don't want Durant to win anything the next couple of seasons because I'm hoping he joins James here in the summer of '16.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Miami fans will never get it. Most will disappear when they stop winning.

Just stop.
Your argument has no factual merit.
Look at the rosters.
In year 1 other than the Big 3, the only 2 non veteran minimum players were U.D. and Miller, who were both injured all season.

Chalmers is much better now then he was then.
Our bench now has players like Cole, Birdman, some guy named Ray Allen, etc.
Then, throw in the experience that these guys now have from playing together, and like I stated earlier, it isn't even close.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop.
Look at the rosters.
In year 1 other than the Big 3, the only 2 non veteran minimum players were U.D. and Miller, who were both injured all season.

Then, throw in the experience that these guys now have from playing together, and like I stated earlier, it isn't even close.

Yes they do thats why its so funny. :laugh3:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the Heat has a better chance vs Ok. City, but I prefer to play the Spurs in case we lose.

Honestly there isn't anything to not like about the Spurs team, and I don't want Durant to win anything the next couple of seasons because I'm hoping he joins James here in the summer of '16.

No way KD joins James. If so basketball will fall apart. KD wants to beat James not run away like he did to join Wade.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop.
Look at the rosters.

I agree they should be better but it didn't end up that way. Go check the records. Thats facts for you. Let me guess they don't count. Those facts don't count. :laugh3:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance didn't back down from what?
James never made any personal challenges to him.
It was more like he was trying to convince himself of something....whatever that may have been.

Lance is young and talented, so hopefully some team overpays him , but he needs to grow up, because right now he is more known for being an asshole than anything else.

:L Try playing an actual sport sometime and you might get a clue as to what I'm talking about.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way KD joins James. If so basketball will fall apart. KD wants to beat James not run away like he did to join Wade.

I have no idea whether he would or wouldn't.
I just honestly answered your question and gave you my reasoning.

4 years ago many people said no way James would join Wade.
I took the 30-1 odds and bet he would.

All we read is people saying this player should go here or there, and in all those scenarios the player named is moving to a situation to join other good player (s) in hopes of winning championships.

After 2 more seasons, James will be entering his 13 th.
Whose to say that if Durant hasn't won anything yet that he wouldn't be open to teaming up with him knowing full well how unselfish James is on the court?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Dumb heat fans. Most are fake fans and homers. This shows it. U have 3 of the top 10 paid. 2 them Kobe and Dirk are players under the old old rules. Get a clue man. They didn't take this big pay cut. Here is an example of a star player taking a pay cut. Tom Brady. Makes 11 million. He is the 13th highest paid QB. Top QBs make 18-20 million a year

Tom Brady's married to Giselle Bundchen. I'll let you google here salary to find out why it's a crock that he "only" makes $10 mil per year. His salary is a joke in comparison to hers.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Try playing an actual sport sometime and you might get a clue as to what I'm talking about.

So now you know what I do, or have done?

Lance is a fucking asshole on the court.
Neither Bird, his coaches, or his teammates support his nonsense.
Making an ass of yourself has nothing to do with not backing down.

Many players compete on the court with James without having to revert to bush league antics.

Maybe you guys should sign him to team up with Swaggy P. and Kobe.

You still won't win many games, but it would be entertaining to watch.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea whether he would or wouldn't.
I just honestly answered your question and gave you my reasoning.

4 years ago many people said no way James would join Wade.
I took the 30-1 odds and bet he would.

All we read is people saying this player should go here or there, and in all those scenarios the player named is moving to a situation to join other good player (s) in hopes of winning championships.

After 2 more seasons, James will be entering his 13 th.
Whose to say that if Durant hasn't won anything yet that he wouldn't be open to teaming up with him knowing full well how unselfish James is on the court?

I guess its an outside shot, we are talking about players these days. Most don't want to beat the best they rather play alongside their best friend. New Era in basketball. Damn basketball would of been awesome if LBJ stayed in Cleveland or went to NY. Imagine Wade and LBJ fighting to beat each other. That would of been some great battles. Thats the good thing about the west they have these battles. Heat have no one to really battle. One year it was my bulls and the last 2 years its been a good but not great Pacer team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady's married to Giselle Bundchen. I'll let you google here salary to find out why it's a crock that he "only" makes $10 mil per year. His salary is a joke in comparison to hers.

:laugh3: This has nothing to do with being married to Giselle. U are funny man. Keep them coming. I am laughing my ass off. Great stuff.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they should be better but it didn't end up that way. Go check the records. Thats facts for you. Let me guess they don't count. Those facts don't count. :laugh3:

I didn't know our season has ended.:scratch:

Look, if your end all way to evaluate teams is comparing regular season records from one year to the next, then there is no point continuing this.

I just never heard of anyone other than you of using that argument as the most important factor when comparing the talent on a teams roster.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is entirely safe to state that the Heat players are buying into Pat Riley's tune of sacrificng the really big bucks for a chance to play for and obtain a championship in successive years. I have no doubt FAs including Bosh will return to the Heat and ya never know, Pat Riley could lure Pau Gasol, who is now a FA, to take Oden's roster spot who Riley will find a way to gently let go.

Eric Spoelstra is also one helluva a coach, who Riley personally groomed and has earned his place on par with the likes of Popovich and other great coaches of the present and past eras. If Riley signs Gasol the Heat could easily contend for another championship run.

If the Heat sign Pau, Bosh will be filling Oden's role.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" Most people know"?

Please tell me who those people are.

By FAR, the worst Big 3 roster was year 1.
It really isn't even close.

:agree: This, imo, is the 2nd worst of the 4 finals teams. At least everyone on this team knows their role on the team. On the 1st team, no one did, including Lebron and D-Wade. That 1st team made the finals by just being more talented than everyone else.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady took a huge pay cut. No doubt. But the Big 3 in Miami all did take a pay cut. Because you can name a bigger one in another sport doesn't mean they still didn't take a cut. 4 summers ago every team in the NBA was hoping to get just one of those guys.. Riley got all 3, at a discount.

As fans of sports we always say we want players willing to take a little less money in hopes of a championship. that happened here in Miami. no, LeBron/wade/bosh didn't settle for league minimum, but they certainly could have gotten more. State income tax helps.. But Bosh could have easily went home and played in Texas without an income tax. They all took less to win, wade taking the biggest hit. Probably cause he didn't need to pay for movers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you know what I do, or have done?

Lance is a fucking asshole on the court.
Neither Bird, his coaches, or his teammates support his nonsense.
Making an ass of yourself has nothing to do with not backing down.

Many players compete on the court with James without having to revert to bush league antics.

Maybe you guys should sign him to team up with Swaggy P. and Kobe.

You still won't win many games, but it would be entertaining to watch.

Lance being an asshole on the court has absolutely nothing to do with my post, outside of my agreeing with the commentators saying he's a very good player in his own right and needs to stop with the blowing in Lebron's ear crap.

You're the one who talked about some "personal challenge". The fact is that guarding a player like Lebron is a challenge and being guarded by Lebron is a challenge.

Lance spent much of the series dealing with both of those challenges. Lance never backed away and never made any excuses that I heard. While we may not like the blowing in the ear crap, the fact is there quite a few times where it seemed like he was the only one putting up a fight. The fact that you didn't understand this and asked about some "personal challenge" tells me all I need to know about your athletic career.

And I'd take Lance on the Lakers in a heartbeat as long as he quits trying to "get in guys heads" and just plays basketball.