• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early prediction: UGA vs. USC

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawgs come to Columbia this year. Gamecocks haven't won in a few years. First hunch... USC 38 UGA 24.
I'll post refined predictions as the game gets closer and more specific data is available.
What you got, dawg?

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to early to predict any UGA game, but the Dawgs and the 'Cocks always play very close games. That are usually low scoring games. So I would say, based off of previous years, that your prediction has too high of a score and there is too much distance between the two scores. I will say being in Columbia gives you guys a slight advantage, but if Garcia is still your QB, then that might be your disadvantage. What's up with Garcia? It seems like he's been the QB there for atleast 10 years.

I don't know enough about USC's 2010 team yet, or Georgia's. I will know more after the spring games, hopefully. Of course the main thing is UGA's QB battle, which Mark Richt said he expects to go on into the middle of summer. So who knows.

My way too early, for the most part uneducated prediction would be UGA 20 USC 14.

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet he's the top returning QB in the conference in yardage. We also just moved Tori Gurley into the slot position so he and Alshon Jeffrey will be playing at the same time now (our best 2 receivers, both over 6'4" tall). I think he'll continue to improve, and he was much better last year than the year before.

It's obviously too early to make a good prediction, but that just adds to the fun of watching it change as new info comes out. I'll post an update after the spring game, after the season opener, etc.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a BIG early season SEC game. That's for sure.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK as I said before, it's still too early. I think we'll both have a real good idea after week 1.

But, I know a lot more now than I did then.

I think it will be a tough drag out game just like it usually is. Right now it could go either way, but as an optimistic homer, I'll say UGA comes out on top 24-20.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is a tough one to pick. I think USC wins a close one. But it wouldn't surprise me if UGA won either.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for stopping by, now...
in_gtfo.jpg

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF USC's problems keep getting worse, I'll have to change my guess.

If I recall correctly, this TE that just got kicked off of the team had a big game against UGA last year.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawgs come to Columbia this year. Gamecocks haven't won in a few years. First hunch... USC 38 UGA 24.
I'll post refined predictions as the game gets closer and more specific data is available.
What you got, dawg?

gay_thread.jpg

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has USC by 2.5.
I wonder when the last time we were favored was?

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas has USC by 2.5.
I wonder when the last time we were favored was?

I don't know, I don't bet. So, I don't really follow that, but I'm sure it's been real close one way or the other for awhile now.

I'm real nervous. Sure we can hang 55 on the University of nobody, but this real SEC ball. South Carolina's defense is usually pretty good, and if Garcia decides to show Spurrier what's up, we could be in trouble.

I don't think we'll have too tough of a time running the ball, but we'll need the pass to provide some explosiveness. I don't think this will be one of those 14-7 or 16-12 games, I think there will be a lot points scored like last year.

I've been changing my score prediction and it gets higher each time. I said 24-20 then 35-30, but I think it might be higher than that.

Who knows, should be close.

update:
Pat Forde picked UGA 25-21, pretty close to my first guess.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5541826

Last edited by a moderator:

Dawgaholic

Patriot & Revolutionary
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beer can chikin is what's for Lunch this Saturday! Throw out all the pre-season chit chat, both teams got warmed up by lesser opponents and are now poised to do some good ole fashioned SEC fightin'!

Look for SOS to start with the quick passing game to thwart the Dawg blitzing and for the young Dawg secondary to get quite an education in the first Half of the contest.

Since Carolina didn't face the "34" last season, it will be interesting to see if they can do what nobody has yet done: stop them.

Should UGA manage to keep the Cocks in sight, we all may witness one of the best 2nd Halves of the season as these two coaching staffs really get down and dirty with the chess match.

The line is what it should be, Carolina a slight home favorite. If History is any indication, the Cocks are due but I think that it will boil down to which side protects the ball best. We shall see.