• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early look at 2017 Depth Chart?

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to move on from the game, thoughts?

Offense:

QB: Jake Browning JR
RB: Myles Gaskin JR

WR: Dante Petis SR
WR: Aaron Fuller SO
WR: Chico McClatcher JR
TE: Hunter Bryant FR

RT: Kaleb McGary JR
RG: Nick Harris SO
C: Coleman Shelton SR
LG: Foster Sarell FR
LT: Trey Adams JR

Defense:

DE: Azeem Victor SR
DT: Greg Gaines JR
DT: Vita Vea JR
DE: Levi Onizruke RS FR

LB: DJ Beavers RS SO
LB: Keishan Bierra SR

CB: Jordan Miller JR
CB: Bryon Murphy RS FR
CB: Kentrel Love RS FR

SS: Jojo Macintosh JR
FS: Taylor Rapp SO

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a couple guys need to re evaluate leaving early for the draft!

Nick Harris needs to find the weight room and get some footwork in.
Jake needs about a month of not throwing, I think he's looking like a burnt out reliever.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Budda Baker, Sidney Jones, Elijah Qualls, John Ross III and Vita Vea are expected to strongly consider leaving UW early, a team source told The Seattle Times.

All that could sting really bad if all that talent decides to leave early. We knew some of them were probably gone, but still, there will be impact.

Nick Harris was a nice surprise, but he was undersized as a OG recruit to begin with. He was asked to start way earlier than expected. He got manhandled by the Bama Dline, and while expected, it goes to show that we need to step up the recruiting at Oline. We'll be skating uphill whenever we face teams like USC and other P5 big boys in OOC and bowl games. It was one of my main gripes during the Sark era, and Petersens crew is only doing slightly better. We cannot continue to let USC and Stanford soak up all the best west coast talent at Oline.

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you move Harris to the C position when Shelton leaves.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did love your chart listing Sarrell. Alot of Stanford honks are posting as if hes already committed to them. If so, that will mean they end up with the #1 and #2 Tackle prospects in the nation. Frackn A.

God I hope he picks UW.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources saying Vita Vea will return for 2017. Awesome.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarell would add some size to that O line for sure. It is by far the biggest need for growth both figuratively and literally. The defense and special teams are ready to compete on the big stage. That offense just is not. The line isn't horrible, but they aren't big and nasty enough to assert their will.

Not worried at all about depth at WR or RB. Just need more maturity from Jake and much better protection. Get that and that offense could take off.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read and article this morning that coach Pete was on one of the local sports radio show yesterday or might of been the day before. Topic came up of Jake Browning losing some of his arm strength down the stretch, coach Pete being coach Pete said, " Sometimes these guys get hurt and play through it, and he loves that in his players." Of Course he wont be specific, ( since they never talk about players exact injuries).

I had a feeling something wasn't right for Jake, I just hope the rest him and he can heal up. 99.9% of the nation thinks this kid can't hit anything down field, that's a great recipe for shocking more folks next season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to move on from the game, thoughts?

Offense:

QB: Jake Browning JR
RB: Myles Gaskin JR

WR: Dante Petis SR
WR: Aaron Fuller SO
WR: Chico McClatcher JR
TE: Hunter Bryant FR

RT: Kaleb McGary JR
RG: Nick Harris SO
C: Coleman Shelton SR
LG: Foster Sarell FR
LT: Trey Adams JR

Defense:

DE: Azeem Victor SR
DT: Greg Gaines JR
DT: Vita Vea JR
DE: Levi Onizruke RS FR

LB: DJ Beavers RS SO
LB: Keishan Bierra SR

CB: Jordan Miller JR
CB: Bryon Murphy RS FR
CB: Kentrel Love RS FR

SS: Jojo Macintosh JR
FS: Taylor Rapp SO
Well back to the drawing board at LG - Sarell went to Stanford.
:tsk:

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Topic came up of Jake Browning losing some of his arm strength down the stretch, coach Pete being coach Pete said, " Sometimes these guys get hurt and play through it, and he loves that in his players." Of Course he wont be specific,

This arm strength is a BIG issue.
Fact, injury/fatigue/ability, whatever it is, Browning has a weak arm.
He usually makes great decisions, has great touch, but arm strength is an issue. FACT.

I absolutely LOVE what Browning has done for UW football, but if the USC game is played in better weather, I believe Browning does better, IMO, wind and cold played a factor in his throws.

In the Bama game, pressure caused Browning to throw off stride, and he couldn't do it very well.

Here is my question for all you QB Coaches.

What exactly can Browning do to improve his arm strength? How is this accomplished?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Montana made a pretty good living without throwing high velocity balls.

They do need to drill the crap out of him in pressure simulation in practice, but there is no substitute for actually playing under pressure. You can't fully simulate real pressure when QB's aren't allowed to get hit in practice.

Browning did seem fatigued near the end of the year, but he also faced much better defenses in a few of those games.

Remember, he never really faced much pressure in high school either. Set state and national records for passing and could do it at will, but not facing fierce defensive pressure.

It's clearly the weakest part of his game and the single most important area for him to grow in for his junior campaign. Remember when Price would blow up in every big game in his early years? He did improve, but never mastered it.

You really only have two ways to deal with it. Browning needs to grow at playing under duress, but also the line could improve to give him more time/cleaner pockets to throw from. We sometimes give too much criticism to QB's for how they deal with the deficiencies of other players.

The line played solid at times, mostly against weaker defenses. The lack of a running game in some of those close games this year along with Browning hearing footsteps and not really trusting his line were glaring. They weren't horrible all of the time, not nearly as bad as say the Seahawks line even, but they need to continue to improve big time.

You put Browning behind like USC's line and he's all over the Heisman charts. It's not an arm strength problem with him.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz touched on it with the pocket, I've gone back and watched SC, Bama games and he doesn't get a chance to step up in the pocket to add a second or two. Granted a couple look like he got happy feet..

The other issue with him is his "windows to the wide outs" he's got put faith in they will be there, 9 out of 10 cases he will take the sack if he doesn't see the wide out right on the spot he needs to throw, granted that's a plus but also a negative, he needs to have faith in them. it's like the NFL these guys throw to a spot, not to a player...

I believe he gets better, this kid had so much moxie, I think he will learn from this season. And after watching Bama tee off on Watkins last night their number one game plan was exposed, he's gotta learn to relax, take what the give you, then take his shots down field....