• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Impressions on Vance Joseph?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in what impressions our forum has formed about the early Vance Joseph reviews.

I really didn't like the way the Broncos (Elway) rolled out the hire of VJ. While touting VJ has a great leader among men by Elway - it was clear Elway was running the assistant coach hiring process - making VJ looking like a functionary.

We don't know how VJ will be over a long period of time and we don't even know how he will be under game pressure on the sidelines.

Adding VJ, Jeff Davidson and Brock Olivo - to Bill Kollar and a promoted Joe Woods - that's a lot of coaching energy thrown out at the Broncos. If your objective was to bring energy and enthusiasm to coach this team - it is a strong contrast to Kubes and Wade Phillips. Vance Joseph does appear to be an appropriate leader for this culture change. He also went to CU - so there's that too.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in what impressions our forum has formed about the early Vance Joseph reviews.

I really didn't like the way the Broncos (Elway) rolled out the hire of VJ. While touting VJ has a great leader among men by Elway - it was clear Elway was running the assistant coach hiring process - making VJ looking like a functionary.

We don't know how VJ will be over a long period of time and we don't even know how he will be under game pressure on the sidelines.

Adding VJ, Jeff Davidson and Brock Olivo - to Bill Kollar and a promoted Joe Woods - that's a lot of coaching energy thrown out at the Broncos. If your objective was to bring energy and enthusiasm to coach this team - it is a strong contrast to Kubes and Wade Phillips. Vance Joseph does appear to be an appropriate leader for this culture change. He also went to CU - so there's that too.

Would have been disappointed in you if no CU mention was made :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't that impressed and actually quite skeptical after VJ's first couple pressers, but since then ,along with things I'm hearing/reading/seeing, I m feeling better about him and my confidence in him ( as a HC ) is gaining strength. We're going to find out a lot more about him ( decision making, personality,etc ) during preseason games . Will get a better feel for him during those games.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way over his head . He is not even a good D coordinator..He is going to be gobbled up in one year .

Not really a bad deal . First off you do not win SB's every year . Next year we can get a high draft pick .

We have a few good personnel . so maybe it will help for getting better as season goes on for next year .

I think this team needs a total over haul .

He has yet to coach he said the other day . but he has no clue and when he meets Reid that will be 2 losses ...

The Head coaching will be lacking this season and I don't think Elway was ever in it to win this year IMO he wants someone next year to be the coach .

This was a rebuild year .

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't hire some of the best available coaches around and go to the table thinking you'll eat all their salaries for the next year or two after you fire them for a rebuilding year.

Vance is here for the next couple of years at least; I think he's got a great staff around him with HC experience that can help him along the way if needed.

He did a good job with what he had in Miami, and there were a number of other teams after him as far back as his Cinci days - when they wouldn't allow teams to interview him.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly impossible for me to have much of an opinion on Joseph right now. Preseason everything is rosy and both expectations and hype are high regardless of the team. I would have to see how he and the Broncos play in actual games before having any REAL impression on the guy. I trust Elway's judgement though.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly impossible for me to have much of an opinion on Joseph right now. Preseason everything is rosy and both expectations and hype are high regardless of the team. I would have to see how he and the Broncos play in actual games before having any REAL impression on the guy. I trust Elway's judgement though.

I am hoping for the best and you are right . I don't know . I actual hope I dead wrong and SB52 here we come .

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I've seen so far but we've not taken a single snap on the season yet. Not even pre-season. I like that he seems to be the leader pulling the entire effort together while the subject matter experts are allowed to run their respective functional areas. McCoy calling plays on offense should be good news to all of us. Joe Woods running the defense tells me there's not going to be a big drop off from the last two years to this one, and maybe even an improvement against the run. Having the staff he has and allowing them the space to work gives me a good feeling about VJ and the coming season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say much this early, but you know he was the guy I wanted sooooo not much else I can say right now.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he does a great impression of "Radio"

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most of you have commented, it's too early for me to formulate an impression. He seems passionate but with control. Good start. The regular season and beyond will be the real barometer. Comments from the players all seem pretty positive too but I'm not sure what else they would say.

It will be interesting to see the dynamics between Elway and Joseph. I think Elway's smart enough to let the coaches coach but I'm hoping that Joseph is also smart enough to allow input from the front office to sink in as well. Right now it seems like a good marriage but the pressure of a real season will test it for sure.

I guess we'll know more in 4-5 months!