• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early draft day prediction

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt 3 qbs get taken in the first three picks. I'm pretty sure that has NEVER happened, and (although I don't follow college football at all), I'm hearing that there are conflicting reports as to if any of the qb's are even first round talents.
1999. Tim Couch, Donovan McNabb and Akili Smith.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope he is available for the picking which I think helps us if KC is gone

HOW does Jackson being available actually help us??

I see one of two things happening.

1. They sign Kirk long term ( I give this about a 15-20% chance of happening)

2. They dont sign Kirk and they draft Jackson. (If we are drafting a QB, I would say there is a 65% chance this is the guy they want)

Us tagging Kirk again is possible, but not realistic.
Us drafting another QB they would want more is possible, but again doesnt pass the realistic test. Because the guys they would want above Jackson are both likely top 5 picks.

Jackson checks all the boxes Kirk never will. Exciting, dynamic, young, and some one Dan would be more than happy to hand the franchise over to.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. They dont sign Kirk and they draft Jackson. (If we are drafting a QB, I would say there is a 65% chance this is the guy they want)

Us drafting another QB they would want more is possible, but again doesnt pass the realistic test. Because the guys they would want above Jackson are both likely top 5 picks.

Jackson checks all the boxes Kirk never will. Exciting, dynamic, young, and some one Dan would be more than happy to hand the franchise over to.

You answered my statement. I said he is now available to be drafted which helps us either take him or another QB to chose from. If he stayed in college that would be 1 less QB to look at to replace KC should Cousins depart us which we all think is likely.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You answered my statement. I said he is now available to be drafted which helps us either take him or another QB to chose from. If he stayed in college that would be 1 less QB to look at to replace KC should Cousins depart us which we all think is likely.

OK I guess i can see where you are coming from. But I stand by my assessment that Jackson would be about as good for this team as doing the luge naked.... it would be exciting at first. Right until we scraped a wall and wiped out junk first.

Visual aid for those who dont know what the luge is....

wolfgang-kindl-of-austria-celebrates-third-place-in-the-mens-luge-2-picture-id508112118

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I guess i can see where you are coming from. But I stand by my assessment that Jackson would be about as good for this team as doing the luge naked.... it would be exciting at first. Right until we scraped a wall and wiped out junk first.

Visual aid for those who dont know what the luge is....

wolfgang-kindl-of-austria-celebrates-third-place-in-the-mens-luge-2-picture-id508112118

Maybe I’m high on Vicodin again but I didn’t see in your original post where you were bashing Jackson but only praising what he brings to the football field.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
losing KC means rebuild .

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again - where are you getting this idea that the Skins FO wants Jackson - and apparently only Jackson - as their next QB? Do you have a link to back this up? Do you believe that this is true simply because they had RG3 in the past? Don't you think that already having been thru the RG3 experience including lots of injuries would make them at least a little cautious about drafting Jackson?

I just find this hard to believe. Show me a link that backs this up & perhaps I will come around to your way of thinking,

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - where are you getting this idea that the Skins FO wants Jackson - and apparently only Jackson - as their next QB? Do you have a link to back this up? Do you believe that this is true simply because they had RG3 in the past? Don't you think that already having been thru the RG3 experience including lots of injuries would make them at least a little cautious about drafting Jackson?

I just find this hard to believe. Show me a link that backs this up & perhaps I will come around to your way of thinking,

I agree with you. Why would Gruden want an RG3 clone

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JAckson simply FITS the kind of player the Skins front office tends to gravitate towards. He will have the support of the ABC crowd in droves. And he will be available without a massively soul crushing trade up.. unlike Rosen and Darnold. He is the polar opposite of Cousins but the exact type of player Dan has shown a jones for.

I agree with you. Why would Gruden want an RG3 clone

Gruden wouldnt.. .but then again Gruden isnt the one picking the players in Ashburn. Bruce might ask him what he thinks, but lets not pretend its beyond Bruce to take a player the coach might no be too thrilled about.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I’m high on Vicodin again but I didn’t see in your original post where you were bashing Jackson but only praising what he brings to the football field.

IN no uncertain terms.. I would rather place my left hand in a garbage disposal and my right hand in a tub of burning tar than see this team draft Lamar Jackson.

Sadly if we go away from Kirk, I think he will be target #1.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SoCalWizFan Four reasons why I think they target Jackson if they dont resign Kirk

1. Rosen and Darnold wont be there unless they trade up

2. 2012 was likely the best year Dan Snyder has seen as an owner from a I love my Job standpoint. So why wouldnt he try to recreate that. And Jackson is the closest QB in this draft to the last guy who made his role as an owner fun.

3. The ABC crowd will be all over it. Never underestimate Dans desire to have the VOCAL fan base's approval.

4. As mentioned above, Rosen and Darnold wont be there unless they trade up. So if the choice comes down to Jackson, Allen and Mayfield. Allen is a 1st round version of Cousins (boring). Mayfield might be a better QB, but in the end Dan gets his bang for the buck in picking Jackson as he is right there with Allen and Mayfield on the field, and alot cooler to tote around as arm candy off the field.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were the Browns, you wouldn't make that trade for Cousins without getting him to sign a long term deal in Cleveland, and that's something he'll never do.

Exactly why wouldn't Kirk the businessman not sign with Cleveland? I think more often than not folks interject what they wouldn't do without realizing that above all else the NFL is a business.

While Kirk the QB might have reservations about playing in Cleveland, Kirk the businessman would most certainly overrule the player for the chance to assure the futures of several generations of Cousins to come.

BTW: Here's my reverse @dad argument on the subject. If without Kirk we become Cleveland, wouldn't Cleveland then become us with him?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why wouldn't Kirk the businessman not sign with Cleveland? I think more often than not folks interject what they wouldn't do without realizing that above all else the NFL is a business.

While Kirk the QB might have reservations about playing in Cleveland, Kirk the businessman would most certainly overrule the player for the chance to assure the futures of several generations of Cousins to come.

BTW: Here's my reverse @dad argument on the subject. If without Kirk we become Cleveland, wouldn't Cleveland then become us with him?

I am not saying he will overrule the business man, but I think the next few generations are already going to be fine. Seriously, what is the difference between 150 million and 125 million...I know it is 25million but you get the point.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying he will overrule the business man, but I think the next few generations are already going to be fine. Seriously, what is the difference between 150 million and 125 million...I know it is 25million but you get the point.

Yeah, I get the point, but let me try this on you. How much is enough when the topic is making money?

Put another way, if there is no difference, then why is it that multimillionaires do commercials, paid public speaking tours and the like? I'll be that 1,000 times out of 500 that given the chance to make 150 million instead of 125 million most people wouldn't need to be asked a second time before the ink was dried on that 150 million contract.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JAckson simply FITS the kind of player the Skins front office tends to gravitate towards. He will have the support of the ABC crowd in droves. And he will be available without a massively soul crushing trade up.. unlike Rosen and Darnold. He is the polar opposite of Cousins but the exact type of player Dan has shown a jones for.

Gruden wouldnt.. .but then again Gruden isnt the one picking the players in Ashburn. Bruce might ask him what he thinks, but lets not pretend its beyond Bruce to take a player the coach might no be too thrilled about.

IF that happens then Gruden is gone. No way Gruden wants a running qb.