• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Concerns For Duke

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Grayson Allen isn't on, it appears Duke isn't either.
No true point guard for this team
3 point shooting a question mark (though with some height Duke might actually have a low block game)
Will Amile Jefferson and Marshall Plumlee get tired? They've played in 71% of Dukes available playing time.
Field Goal defense is ATROCIOUS at 46.9% which is ranked 291st in Division 1
Early on but Ingram not living up to the hype (again wicked early)

Thoughts? Concerns?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with your assessment @redseat. Especially Ingram. But when he finally figures it out he will be a beast. I believe Thornton will come around at PG. He is so green right now. But he is gaining confidence every game. And where is the shooting prowess of Kennard that we heard so much about? Duke is so young that it's returners are the foundations of the team right now. And last year THEY were the role players rather than the standard bearers. It will change as these guys fill their roles this season and they get to playing with each other more.

Perspective? I was at the Miami game last year and I remember saying to myself, "Duke is awful".:eek: Three first round NBA players later and a National Title and I'm just watching Coach K work his magic. Look for 7-8 losses along the way as they mature.

This group is actually "younger" 7-10 deep than that group.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree with your assessment @redseat. Especially Ingram. But when he finally figures it out he will be a beast. I believe Thornton will come around at PG. He is so green right now. But he is gaining confidence every game. And where is the shooting prowess of Kennard that we heard so much about? Duke is so young that it's returners are the foundations of the team right now. And last year THEY were the role players rather than the standard bearers. It will change as these guys fill their roles this season and they get to playing with each other more.

Perspective? I was at the Miami game last year and I remember saying to myself, "Duke is awful".:eek: Three first round NBA players later and a National Title and I'm just watching Coach K work his magic. Look for 7-8 losses along the way as they mature.

This group is actually "younger" 7-10 deep than that group.

I forgot about Kennard... Dude's made what like 3 3 pointers so far? I am sure he will figure it out, just hope he won't be a one and done.... Though at this early on in the season he does not appear to be.

depth is much better and excellent point by you on that.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram to me anyway needs to bulk up as well. Once he starts playing against bigger players I am afraid he might get shot out a little.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram to me anyway needs to bulk up as well. Once he starts playing against bigger players I am afraid he might get shot out a little.

I finally got to see the team for the first time live today. Ingram is so skinny he's getting pushed around, especially when he drives the lane. He gets the ball stripped a lot because he's so weak with the ball. And he has gained 23 pounds???? Jeez he needs to gain a bunch of weight.

Kennard had his coming out party tonight scoring 22 points on 7-9 shooting.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally got to see the team for the first time live today. Ingram is so skinny he's getting pushed around, especially when he drives the lane. He gets the ball stripped a lot because he's so weak with the ball. And he has gained 23 pounds???? Jeez he needs to gain a bunch of weight.

Kennard had his coming out party tonight scoring 22 points on 7-9 shooting.

Yeah Ingram will hopefully get bigger and he needs to it he wants to go to the NBA... Kennard must have heard us talking about him!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Ingram will hopefully get bigger and he needs to it he wants to go to the NBA... Kennard must have heard us talking about him!

I don't think it was just us he heard redseat.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha true. I sure Coach K lit into him!

Yesterday at the game on his way to those 22 points, Kennard hit a three and Utah St called TO. As he was jogging over to the bench Coach K pointed his finger at him and you could see him saying, "That's what I want out of you!". Basically Kennard just got aggressive looking for his shot, FINALLY.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday at the game on his way to those 22 points, Kennard hit a three and Utah St called TO. As he was jogging over to the bench Coach K pointed his finger at him and you could see him saying, "That's what I want out of you!". Basically Kennard just got aggressive looking for his shot, FINALLY.

yeah that is probably that's what happened, plus Coach K does get the best out of anyone