• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early college football over/unders (Vegas)

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means take the under on Oregon. They may be improved from last year, but that's not hard to do considering what a dumpster fire they were. They'll be lucky to be bowl eligible this year.
The Taggert honeymoon will be officially over when Nebraska destroys them.
na more like even 8.
Nebraska on the road in Eugene with a new QB in an early season game and Helfrich not going for 2 over and over? I take Oregon

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
na more like even 8.
Nebraska on the road in Eugene with a new QB in an early season game and Helfrich not going for 2 over and over? I take Oregon
The 9 best over/under win total bets for the 2017 college football season | FOX Sports

Oregon Ducks (UNDER 8 wins)

This might be the most absurd bet on the board. While virtually everyone can agree that Willie Taggart has been impressive so far at Oregon (where he has already ramped up the Ducks’ recruiting efforts), this is a team that went just 4-8 last year. It would be considered a major improvement to get to 6-6, so it would take a miracle to get the nine wins needed to win this bet.

The Ducks have tough opponents in Nebraska and Wyoming (led by potential Top 5 draft pick Josh Allen at quarterback), plus their brutal conference road schedule (including games at Washington, Stanford and UCLA) makes the nine-win plateau seem virtually impossible to meet.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 9 best over/under win total bets for the 2017 college football season | FOX Sports

This might be the most absurd bet on the board. While virtually everyone can agree that Willie Taggart has been impressive so far at Oregon (where he has already ramped up the Ducks’ recruiting efforts), this is a team that went just 4-8 last year. It would be considered a major improvement to get to 6-6, so it would take a miracle to get the nine wins needed to win this bet.

The Ducks have tough opponents in Nebraska and Wyoming (led by potential Top 5 draft pick Josh Allen at quarterback), plus their brutal conference road schedule (including games at Washington, Stanford and UCLA) makes the nine-win plateau seem virtually impossible to meet.
Nebraska and Wyoming won't be very good this year, and will lose to the ducks. With that being said, I will be rooting for those teams.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its not like that kind of turn is impossible GT went from 3-9 to 9-4 over the last 2 seasons.
Penn State went 7-6 to 11-3
Hell even in the Pac 12 Colorado went from 4-9 to 10-4 and UW 7-6 to 12-2
so a 4 game turn from 4-8 to 8-4 I dont feel like is impossible.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, if this hold's true I'm considering putting a max bet on Nebraska with the over 6 wins. They're in the BIG West with their only tough games being vs OSU, UW, and PSU.

I'll have to do some research on Neb but overall their draft classes from what I recall were really good and they didn't lose too much. Does anyone else think that 6 is incredibly low?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK
But what is this number

Oklahoma 9.5 -145o

It's over/under 9.5... you would pick which way to bet your money. Will they win more than 9.5... or less?

-145 is the "juice" or "vig"

Long story short, it's the odds. You know how in a horse race, a horse may have say... 5/1 odds? Meaning, it will pay out 5x what you bet. 100 dollar bet wins you 500.

The odds on that bet are -1.45 to 1.00

You must bet 145, to win 100

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, if this hold's true I'm considering putting a max bet on Nebraska with the over 6 wins. They're in the BIG West with their only tough games being vs OSU, UW, and PSU.

I'll have to do some research on Neb but overall their draft classes from what I recall were really good and they didn't lose too much. Does anyone else think that 6 is incredibly low?

Never been big on the season long bets. Just not exciting to me, and you have to wait a long time to cash if you win. Rather find a line I like on an upcoming game.