• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Earl Thomas

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The euphoria over trading for Brown is so high, it seems that the fact that Earl Thomas is out for week 9 has slipped through the cracks. Granted, I have been without internet since mid September (I'm at inlaws to be able to post the last couple days), so I could have missed it as I tried to figure out what's been happening here over the last 6 weeks (though really only the last week). Chancellor is listed as questionable as well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a problem. We really need to abuse their OL on Sunday and NOT give Cousins 5+ seconds to set and throw.

I really really hope that the Seahawks don't waste 30 minutes once again trying to pretend they are a running team.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's slipped through the cracks... I don't think it's as big of a concern with all the Redskin injuries...

Redskins will be without their starting LT, LG and Center, along with their backup LT... That OL is going to be ugly... Also, their RG is going to try to play with a sprained MCL that had sidelined him last week... Jordan Reed is out for this game too... They're also thin at WR with J. Crowder possibly out with a hamstring..

Our DL is going to be putting tons of pressure on Cousins w/ just their front four... He's not a very mobile QB so he's going to have a hard time...

McDougal is a very solid Safety... He played well for the Buccs last year as their starter... He's not even close to the downgrade we had last year when Thomas got hurt...

For these reasons, I don't think it was as big of news... If we were playing Philly, Rams, Patriots then I think there would've been more focus on this injury... JMO...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the notion that Skins' OL issues will help cover up ET's absence. I just don't see that pass pro holding up against what we can bring, and Cousins doesn't have the athleticism to make the kind of plays Watson was able to pull off. I think Cousins is a "good" QB, but it's going to be tough sledding with so many injuries for them up front.

Wagner and Richardson are also questionable, so law of averages probably says 1 of them won't be able to go but who knows. From what I heard yesterday, Bobby probably has a good shot to go.

It almost even sounded like there's a chance Prosise will be able to play. Won't that be something.

One final thought on ET: with the short week and away game @ AZ, maybe the coaches were looking at this as a one or the other thing. Probably would need him more on the road in a divisional game than in this home game with the way the Redskins are so banged up. Really doubtful he would have been able to go in both, so they picked 1. Just my theory.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a problem. We really need to abuse their OL on Sunday and NOT give Cousins 5+ seconds to set and throw.

I really really hope that the Seahawks don't waste 30 minutes once again trying to pretend they are a running team.

I am.......

If it is Russ doing the runninh

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen you have zero to worry about. This Skins team is finished
As injuries to both sides of ball are to much to overcome. Especially starting 2 guys this week on OLine who weren't in the league 2 weeks ago :L

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially starting 2 guys this week on OLine who weren't in the league 2 weeks ago :L
We know the feeling. I was talking last night about this game with a family member who is a bit more of a casual fan than most of us....mentioned that the Redskins OL with these injuries could be even worse than ours, and the reaction was "Wow?!" Heh. My predicted game score is 27-13. Cousins is probably good for one shot over the top to set up a score that maybe wouldn't otherwise be there with ET playing.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know the feeling. I was talking last night about this game with a family member who is a bit more of a casual fan than most of us....mentioned that the Redskins OL with these injuries could be even worse than ours, and the reaction was "Wow?!" Heh. My predicted game score is 27-13. Cousins is probably good for one shot over the top to set up a score that maybe wouldn't otherwise be there with ET playing.

I think it's going to get ugly early unfortunately. Good luck and hope for no more injuries :suds:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blstoker i think most just are not as worried this year about it plus we saw him pull up in the Houston game and figured he might miss a week or two. We didn't talk about it because we were hoping for the best lol.

Bradley McDougald 6 foot 1 215lbs was with Tampa for 3 GREAT seasons really and will be fine filling in. He is fast, strong and big and likes to hit. The drop off between Earl and Bradley won't be like what we saw last season when Earl went out. Sure he is no Earl Thomas but thats expected as Earl Thomas is a once every couple generations type player. Still McDougald will be fine, he is not the Ball hawking FS Earl is but he is a tackling machine. No Doubts the Defense plays better than they did against Houston also. I mean these guys if anything have some pride ( The Defense ) and they totally shit the bed last Sunday. They have done it a couple times this season all ready. Time to buckle down and stop turning into Indianapolis North West Defense every now and again. ( Giving up over 400 yard and 30+ points )

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen you have zero to worry about. This Skins team is finished
As injuries to both sides of ball are to much to overcome. Especially starting 2 guys this week on OLine who weren't in the league 2 weeks ago :L

O-line issues are big, we know very well how that can impact your offense.. but we have to be careful not to let this be a trap game where we think it should be an easy win... Cousins is pretty good ...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure would have been nice to have Thomas on that winning drive for the Skins. Especially that deep throw to the one yard line. With Earl's range I have to think he'd have made a play there.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas active tonight or still out?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the extra time hopefully ET will be ready to go next week.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but they're saying Sherman's done for the year at least they were on TV

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Thomas playing over Sherman honestly. That said, the role we ask of Thomas is far more demanding than Sherman....

Does anyone know the status of Thomas, Richardson, Brown, and yes I'll just go there, Griffin... all far more important players than Sherman at this point. I value safety play far more than corner play... and Sherman is a hot head and can disrupt team chemistry at times...

I was actually fine trading Sherman in the offseason. I certainly don't want to lose the talent now but there is far more important positions I'm concerned about.