• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eanes Kanter Has Been Labled A Terrorist

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was arrested earlier this month in Romania and eventually released. Now Turkey has stated that he is the member of a terrorist organization and a warrant has been issued for his arrest. Extremely interesting but looks more like a blackmail scheme by the Turkish government to me

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what playing with WestBRICK drives you to do. Hell look at what it made Durant do?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was arrested earlier this month in Romania and eventually released. Now Turkey has stated that he is the member of a terrorist organization and a warrant has been issued for his arrest. Extremely interesting but looks more like a blackmail scheme by the Turkish government to me

It's not blackmail. He spoke out against Erdogan, who has taken what was once an up and coming secular liberal democracy and slowly turned it into his own personal dictatorship. They're locking up anyone and everyone that goes against the party. They're in a full on collapse of a free society. Not to turn this into the politics forum, but there's a good chunk of evidence that Erodgan went so far as to stage that "coup" attempt against himself last year as a way to crack down and take more power. Basically Turkey is fast going down the shitter and Kanter will have a very tough time returning to his homeland, if he can at all for many years to come.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not blackmail. He spoke out against Erdogan, who has taken what was once an up and coming secular liberal democracy and slowly turned it into his own personal dictatorship. They're locking up anyone and everyone that goes against the party. They're in a full on collapse of a free society. Not to turn this into the politics forum, but there's a good chunk of evidence that Erodgan went so far as to stage that "coup" attempt against himself last year as a way to crack down and take more power. Basically Turkey is fast going down the shitter and Kanter will have a very tough time returning to his homeland, if he can at all for many years to come.
I doubt that Kanter even tries - He has already said he was going to apply for citizenship in the USA, But Turkey has also announced that they are sending the arrest warrants to Interpol which means that he will be on the list for countries that would extradite him quickly back to Turkey where I expect he would be executed. He may be stuck in the USA for decades - Assuming that the USA grants him asylum. It's not a pretty picture.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Probably belongs on the politics board. Turkey's going down hill. They got a guy pandering to the hillbillies and cozying up to Putin so he can set up his oligarchy while shutting out the middle class. Sounds kind of familiar.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Probably belongs on the politics board. Turkey's going down hill. They got a guy pandering to the hillbillies and cozying up to Putin so he can set up his oligarchy while shutting out the middle class. Sounds kind of familiar.
Perhaps, I wasn't thinking about the political side of things - Those guys over there don't have legitimate discussions. I was more intrigued in how this will affect him as a player and is it possible that he get's deported, what the position of the NBA will be etc. If he did the things Turkey claims, while speaking out is free in our country, it isn't over there and I can see how that got him into trouble. Kind of like flipping your mom the bird when you're 9 years old. I don't know about yours, but Mine would have knocked me out with here bare hand - lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys think our government is corrupt and shady, we don't have shit on countries in eastern Europe.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I commend the guy for standing up for something worthwhile.
We all know most NBA players spend much of their off time partying in titty bars and shopping.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, I wasn't thinking about the political side of things - Those guys over there don't have legitimate discussions. I was more intrigued in how this will affect him as a player and is it possible that he get's deported, what the position of the NBA will be etc. If he did the things Turkey claims, while speaking out is free in our country, it isn't over there and I can see how that got him into trouble. Kind of like flipping your mom the bird when you're 9 years old. I don't know about yours, but Mine would have knocked me out with here bare hand - lol

He won't get deported, Congress would step in if Orange Man tried to have him removed.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the award for biggest political butthurt post in this thread goes to you. Congratulations, dipshit

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the award for biggest political butthurt post in this thread goes to you. Congratulations, dipshit
I was thinking more about what Kanter does and if how this affects Oklahoma and what they do in general and he has to get dippy with the political side

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it any wonder that Dario Saric cost himself millions to come over to the 76ers this season and Korkmaz is pushing to come over this year?

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it any wonder that Dario Saric cost himself millions to come over to the 76ers this season and Korkmaz is pushing to come over this year?

Long term they'll make it back in shoe money and veteran contracts, if they are good enough that is.